Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Apr 28, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #13,472 of 16,931
  I bought an IEM in an online store here in Hungary. I want to send the back within 8 days after purchase (Distance Selling Regulations). But the seller rejected this due to hygienic reasons. Is this ok?

Hivatkozz a Nemzeti Fogyasztóvédelmi Hatóságra. Amúgy JOGOD VAN minden online vásárolt terméket visszaküldeni 8 napos határidővel. Írd ide melyik az a cég - tudják mások is. Üdv Csaba

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #13,473 of 16,931
  Thanks, ljokerl.

I will look into these, especially the VC1000 and R3 since I know less about them.

Someone also suggested the Vsonic GR07.  Would that fit the profile, and if so how would it compare to the others that you've discussed?

It's bassier than the other sets I mentioned and can be a little more sibilant up top as well. It still fits, I just wouldn't recommend it over the others for what you're after.

Joker I recently bought Flux in-ears after I saw your review. I have to say that I did not like the sound after IM50. The sound is also on the low side eventhough I turn the volume all the way up. My question is Does flux need an amp to shine and is there a burn in period for these? Thanks

Can't say how they compare to the IM50 for me - I haven't heard anything new from Audio-Technica since the CKX5iS, which is good for the money but not ground-breaking.

The Flux is less sensitive than a lot of other earphones but maximum volume seems excessive - I can't tolerate it much above 50% on the Cowon J3 for example. Shouldn't need an amp - dynamic driver, stable impedance, etc. 

What would you guys prefer the ATH-CK90Pro or the DBA 02 mkii

At the most basic level that's a matter of whether you want something that sounds darker (CK90Pro) or brighter (DBA-02).

I bought an IEM in an online store here in Hungary. I want to send the back within 8 days after purchase (Distance Selling Regulations). But the seller rejected this due to hygienic reasons. Is this ok?

It should be up to the seller and the return policy they have posted. It's been a while since I've heard of a store disallowing earphone returns here in the States but it has happened.

Apr 29, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #13,474 of 16,931

It's bassier than the other sets I mentioned and can be a little more sibilant up top as well. It still fits, I just wouldn't recommend it over the others for what you're after.

Thanks, ljokerl.  I am especially less interested in the GR07 if it's more sibilant up top.

From what I just learned, apparently the plug was improved on the RE-400's at some point so the cable shorting problem is no longer as common. So maybe I will try those after all.

Regarding the Ety HF5 and the Vsonic VC1000, do they suffer any peakiness problems in the treble or upper mids?  I seem to be sensitive to those things these days. 

Someone also suggested the PFE 111 or a used pair of the JVC FX700 in my price range.  I know that some JVC's are aggressive, though often balanced in their aggressiveness.

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #13,475 of 16,931
Joker, will you be reviewing the Dunu DN2000 and/or JVC HA-FX750 / 850 any time soon?

I've had Monster Turbine Pro Coppers for years. Love them, but they have become increasingly fatiguing for me.

Based on your reviews of their predecessors, which company's sound signature would you recommend?

Apr 29, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #13,476 of 16,931
ATH-CK90Pro is strangely mysterious, ESPECIALLY the MK.II  
 There are basically no reviews of the MKII out there! 
Tried them out a few times myself before and considered the purchase, but didn't 
get a good enough impression, other than that bass was quite impactful for a dual-BA!

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #13,477 of 16,931
  Thanks, ljokerl.  I am especially less interested in the GR07 if it's more sibilant up top.

From what I just learned, apparently the plug was improved on the RE-400's at some point so the cable shorting problem is no longer as common. So maybe I will try those after all.

Regarding the Ety HF5 and the Vsonic VC1000, do they suffer any peakiness problems in the treble or upper mids?  I seem to be sensitive to those things these days. 

Someone also suggested the PFE 111 or a used pair of the JVC FX700 in my price range.  I know that some JVC's are aggressive, though often balanced in their aggressiveness.

The VC1000 is a little more peaky than the HF5. The RE-400 is still the safe choice in this regard.

The FX700 sounds nothing like any of the other sets you're considering - it's quite bassy, and warmer than the others as well.

Joker, will you be reviewing the Dunu DN2000 and/or JVC HA-FX750 / 850 any time soon?

I've had Monster Turbine Pro Coppers for years. Love them, but they have become increasingly fatiguing for me.

Based on your reviews of their predecessors, which company's sound signature would you recommend?

The DN-2000 definitely. Not sure about the JVCs.

I've already tried the Dunu - it's a little smoother than the DN-1000 but still plenty bright. If I had to guess I'd guess the JVCs are warmer and bassier, possibly darker as well. No way to know without trying them, though.

ATH-CK90Pro is strangely mysterious, ESPECIALLY the MK.II  
 There are basically no reviews of the MKII out there! 
Tried them out a few times myself before and considered the purchase, but didn't 
get a good enough impression, other than that bass was quite impactful for a dual-BA!

Japan-only, and I'm guessing not heavily marketed even in Japan. Still would love to try them some day, and the CK70.  

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #13,478 of 16,931
Speaking of the DN-2000 - added impressions of the Noble 6, Dunu DN-2000, NuForce NE-600X, and T-Peos D200R & RICH200 In-Ear Earphones here: http://theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-noble-6-dunu-dn-2000-nuforce-t-peos-ear-earphones/

Apr 30, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #13,479 of 16,931
You are the man Joker! Have recommended this thread to many people over the years, keep it up!!

The bass on my coppers seem overwhelming these days especially in the mid-bass range, not sure if they are getting old or if I am!!

Have read from multiple head-fi reviewers that the woodie JVCs are bass cannons but that they are not fatiguing in the sense that the bass is there when you need it but don't take over the sound. Does your experience with the FX700 reflect this too?

This might be a matter of my personal taste evolving over time. Will go and try out the DN2000 tonight and probably the HA-FX750 too.

Thanks again Joker.

Cheers,
Pin

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #13,480 of 16,931
  You are the man Joker! Have recommended this thread to many people over the years, keep it up!!

The bass on my coppers seem overwhelming these days especially in the mid-bass range, not sure if they are getting old or if I am!!

Have read from multiple head-fi reviewers that the woodie JVCs are bass cannons but that they are not fatiguing in the sense that the bass is there when you need it but don't take over the sound. Does your experience with the FX700 reflect this too?

This might be a matter of my personal taste evolving over time. Will go and try out the DN2000 tonight and probably the HA-FX750 too.

Thanks again Joker.

Cheers,
Pin

dont forget to share your impressions .

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #13,481 of 16,931

The VC1000 is a little more peaky than the HF5. The RE-400 is still the safe choice in this regard.

The FX700 sounds nothing like any of the other sets you're considering - it's quite bassy, and warmer than the others as well.

Thanks, that's good to know.  Sounds like the RE-400 may be the best bet.  Hopefully they really have made improvements to deal with some of the build quality issues.  Thanks much, joker!

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #13,482 of 16,931
Hello Joker,

Will you be reviewing the Xiaomi Pistons 2.1 (or IF Edition) any time soon?

There are many here eager to read your results on these. I truly can say they have an astonishing sound and performs way above there price. Others in "the xiaomi pistons thread" claim to compare them to $200 dollar plus IEM's (like the Dunu DN-1000).

Please let us know what you think......
popcorn.gif

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #13,483 of 16,931
Hello Joker,

Will you be reviewing the Xiaomi Pistons 2.1 (or IF Edition) any time soon?

There are many here eager to read your results on these. I truly can say they have an astonishing sound and performs way above there price. Others in "the xiaomi pistons thread" claim to compare them to $200 dollar plus IEM's (like the Dunu DN-1000).

Please let us know what you think......:popcorn:

They're good, but nothing like 200+ dollar iems.
In my opinion the vsd1s are better. Don't hype the hype. Still curious what joker thinks of it though...

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #13,484 of 16,931
They're good, but nothing like 200+ dollar iems.
In my opinion the vsd1s are better. Don't hype the hype. Still curious what joker thinks of it though...

I can't wait for joker to try out the Ostry KC06. With a synergistic source, they are seriously kicking the butt of my vsd1 and vsd1le (not to mention others).

Apr 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #13,485 of 16,931
I can't wait for joker to try out the Ostry KC06. With a synergistic source, they are seriously kicking the butt of my vsd1 and vsd1le (not to mention others).

I endorse this mans message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back