Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 28, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #12,766 of 16,931
Yeah, for some reason aside from the smallest meelec m6's tips the other ones are a bit loose but you can force them over the lower part of the nozzle and they fit securely but you do get a shallower insertion this way unless you're using tri-flanges. The VSD1's nozzles in comparison seem to be a hair thicker and hold some tips a bit better without adapters. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #12,767 of 16,931
Thanks ljokerl!

Quote:

The MA750 is warmer-sounding and significantly bassier than the PR401. It also has a little more upper midrange/lower treble presence but not enough to significantly differentiate it from the ECCI there. I haven't heard the ECCIs in a while but from memory the MA750 should be a little wider. The PR401's signature has a very mild v-shape that reminds me more of the LG Quadbeat. Like the Quadbeat it has an advantage over a lot of similarly-priced IEMs in soundstage size due to that particular signature. 

The earhooks on the MA750 are definitely not removable. They can be re-shaped if necessary but they're there to stay. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #12,769 of 16,931
Hi joker

I am currently using klipsch image s4 and i am willing to upgrade to something with more bass
I listen to hip hop (eminem) most of the time
i am using fiio e10 as my amp and listen to music throught it most of the time
After reading your reviews i came down to three iems

Velodyne vPulse
Nuforce NE-700X / NE-700M 
HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2

From what i read HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 looks good for me

I just wanted to know your recommendation for me at a $110 budget
my main focus is bass like klipsch 4 but much better

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #12,770 of 16,931
  Hi joker

I am currently using klipsch image s4 and i am willing to upgrade to something with more bass

Velodyne vPulse
HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2

if you are mainly after bass , deep sub bass & mid bass i will suggest xb90ex , plenty of bass to enjoy .

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #12,771 of 16,931
Hey. If anybody is interested, I did manage to get my phonak comply tips to fit on my gr07bes. Since I can never leave well enough alone, I figured I'd give it a try. Took  a little finesse getting them started,but not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. How hard it'll be getting them off remains to be seen. Size wise the complys are the same as the vsonic ones, but the foam of the comply is softer, and doesn't expand as quick making them easier to put in. Sound wise I thought the vsonics were really bassy, but not so much the comply. Could be because of the softer foam. Or maybe I'm just imagining it
redface.gif
. Now I just need to find the sweet spot for the left nozzle.
Cheers

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #12,772 of 16,931
Hey. If anybody is interested, I did manage to get my phonak comply tips to fit on my gr07bes. Since I can never leave well enough alone, I figured I'd give it a try. Took  a little finesse getting them started,but not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. How hard it'll be getting them off remains to be seen. Size wise the complys are the same as the vsonic ones, but the foam of the comply is softer, and doesn't expand as quick making them easier to put in. Sound wise I thought the vsonics were really bassy, but not so much the comply. Could be because of the softer foam. Or maybe I'm just imagining it:xf_eek: . Now I just need to find the sweet spot for the left nozzle.
Cheers

Good for you! I think the comply tips you have are an older model, didn't you say T130? Haven't seen any other except the T-X00 lately so I guess they cut down on the different sizes or something. Anyway. Good they worked for you!

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #12,773 of 16,931
  Hey. If anybody is interested, I did manage to get my phonak comply tips to fit on my gr07bes. Since I can never leave well enough alone, I figured I'd give it a try. Took  a little finesse getting them started,but not nearly as bad as I thought it might be. How hard it'll be getting them off remains to be seen. Size wise the complys are the same as the vsonic ones, but the foam of the comply is softer, and doesn't expand as quick making them easier to put in. Sound wise I thought the vsonics were really bassy, but not so much the comply. Could be because of the softer foam. Or maybe I'm just imagining it
redface.gif
. Now I just need to find the sweet spot for the left nozzle.
Cheers

no , complys do suppresses bass , it works really nice on my H1's bass , it was still slightly boomy even after 150hrs of burning , but with complies , now its tamed and has better decay .

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #12,774 of 16,931
Good for you! I think the comply tips you have are an older model, didn't you say T130? Haven't seen any other except the T-X00 lately so I guess they cut down on the different sizes or something. Anyway. Good they worked for you!

the T130s are specifically for the phonak line of phones (at least I haven't seen any others that use them). They are only available in the 1 style too, which is fine for me. I'm gonna have to stock up now that I got 2 phones that can use them (and before they get discontinued too). Also cheaper to buy directly from comply, than from 3rd parties (comply $20 for 5 pairs, others $20 for 3 pairs).
If I could only find out why I never got any hybrids all questions will be answered.
Cheers

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #12,775 of 16,931

no , complys do suppresses bass , it works really nice on my H1's bass , it was still slightly boomy even after 150hrs of burning , but with complies , now its tamed and has better decay .

That's what I figured, except I really didn't notice a big difference between the comply and the silicone on the pfe. Plus to me the vsonic foamie seem to be even bassier than the vsonic silicones. Not actually muffled so I dont think the ends are getting closed off, just that the bass sounded more forward.
Now with the complys the sound is more along the line of the pfe, but with some more bass impact/authority that I would expect from a dynamic driver. I had no real complaints bout the bass on the pfe, just wanted a little mo punch while still staying clean and tight.
Cheers

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #12,776 of 16,931
  That's what I figured, except I really didn't notice a big difference between the comply and the silicone on the pfe. Plus to me the vsonic foamie seem to be even bassier than the vsonic silicones. Not actually muffled so I dont think the ends are getting closed off, just that the bass sounded more forward.
Now with the complys the sound is more along the line of the pfe, but with some more bass impact/authority that I would expect from a dynamic driver. I had no real complaints bout the bass on the pfe, just wanted a little mo punch while still staying clean and tight.
Cheers

exactly !!

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #12,777 of 16,931
Joker, since you've heard the VSD1/VSD1S, BA200 and Fidelio S1/S2, do you plan on putting them on your comparison table?

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #12,778 of 16,931
Hey joker, I've seen your impression on the VSD1(S) and you seem to be quite fond of them. I would just like to know if there are any other earphones that are either better or worth considering in the $50 and under category. I know the VC02 is quite nice - do you have a preference between the 2?

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #12,779 of 16,931
Please forgive me if you have already addressed this topic (I couldn't find anything by you on this), but what is your impression of:

MEElectronics M-Duo ...

Thank you.

Jan 29, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #12,780 of 16,931

My favorite headphones would be the Yamaha EPH-100 but I can't wear them because of the insertion depth. How do these compare to the RHA MA750. They are both classified as warm & sweet on your website.

Unfortunately the EPH-100 I reviewed was a loan and I don't have it anymore but I provided the best comparison I could from memory here: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/rha-ma750-ma750i/#comment-2521

Hi joker

Velodyne vPulse
HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2

The Wooduo 2 has mostly deep bass (subbass) and I haven't heard anything with more deep bass than that. You can currently get it for <$80 on ebay and amazon - I haven't heard anything that can beat that for bass.

Joker, since you've heard the VSD1/VSD1S, BA200 and Fidelio S1/S2, do you plan on putting them on your comparison table?

Yeah, definitely. The problem/delay is not putting them in the table - it's writing up the full reviews to go with the ratings.

Hey joker, I've seen your impression on the VSD1(S) and you seem to be quite fond of them. I would just like to know if there are any other earphones that are either better or worth considering in the $50 and under category. I know the VC02 is quite nice - do you have a preference between the 2?

I don't think there are any I would say are outright better than the VSD1S (unless they match your signature preferences better of course) but there are a lot that are similarly-priced that can at least compete with the VSonics - Sony MH1C, SteelSeries Flux, VC02, MOE-SS01, and the yet-to-be-reviewed Fidue A63. I prefer the VSD1(S) to the VC02 - it has a warmer and more full-bodied sound. Its bass has more impact but is a little softer of note. It's also more sensitive than the VC02. The VC02 on the other hand is thinner and brighter, with bass that is less impactful but a touch more detailed/textured. I find it to be a bit more balanced overall but also more "analytical" compared to the VSD1(S).

Please forgive me if you have already addressed this topic (I couldn't find anything by you on this), but what is your impression of:

MEElectronics M-Duo ...

Thank you.

I haven't heard them. They had them on display at CES this year but they didn't have a pair out to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back