Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 25, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #12,736 of 16,931
3.a.i not bad at all compare to w4 , i prefer the 3ai . bass is kind of like x10 but tighter and fast , soundstage a little bit smaller than w4 but surrounding is very similar , easy to drive , mids is like w4 , vocal not very close but not far , the only problem is the treble more smooth and laidback than w4 , make it not suitable for edm , but quite gd in rock and live performance , isolation better than w4 ,overall is kind of neutral but with very little bass boost , bass and mids detail good but for treble , a bit lack in detail

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #12,737 of 16,931
If the Phillips S2 are available for around the same price as the S1 ~$10 more, is it worth the upgrade in sound? Is there an upgrade in sound with the S2?

I would go for the S2 then. Not so much for the sound (although I like the S2 a little more) but more because it has a nicer construction (mostly metal vs metal+plastic on the S1) and more eartips. Fit is very important with the S1/S2 - they are pretty picky about seal.

So I've been listening to music all morning with my SS Flux and Klipsch tips - it's a massive improvement over the stock tips. I've yet to test them properly (i.e. walking around outside) but I see no reason why they shouldn't be fine in all environments. It's just a shame that the stock tips seem so rubbish, because otherwise it's a great pair of IEMs for the price.

Thanks for the recommendation Joker. I can recommend the same to anyone else having issues with the fit of the original tips.

Glad to hear it! I hope others who have the same issue will come across this information
wink.gif

I bought the Flux and have been listening to them for a while, I like them more than MH1, Flux seems more balanced, mids and treble are more present but not disturbing. I've been reading a lot about iem and sound signatures, of all the IEMs I owned, I really loved the Brainwavz M1, the Vsonic GR04 Flagship (apart from sibilance), the Sony MH1 and now the Flux. I also listened to Shure SE215 but for 5min, really smooth except for not that present treble, soundstage . I like the full bodied sound, smooth, without anythig in particular to disturb your ears (harsh treble, sibilance, too much bass, too much mids, to much lower treble etc.).

I guess that puts me somewhere between warm and smooth and balanced? Now I'm even considering an upgrade to the Flux.

I read about the Fiio X3 DAP these days, is it worth 200$ as upgrade to the clip+ ? Would I hear a noticeable difference in SQ with the Steelseries Flux for example or do I have to also buy 100-200$ IEMs to hear something?

I haven't tried the GR04 but I'm a big fan of the M1, MH1, and Flux. I don't consider the SE215 an upgrade over the Flux or MH1, personally.  It sounds like you enjoy a *slightly* warm signature. 

I haven't tried the X3 at length but I doubt it's necessary for an entry-level dynamic IEM. A rockboxed clip+ works great as far as I'm concerned. The Flux is not very efficient but it's not picky when it comes to source. Some other IEMs are (BAs often more so than dynamics), but with the Flux as long as you get sufficient volume from your device you should be good. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #12,738 of 16,931
just how much of a sonic upgrade is the EPH-100 over the SE215?
i can't decide between the two... what draws me about the SE215 is the design,
and the EPH-100 sounds like it fits my sound preference exactly...

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #12,741 of 16,931
  amazing thread, have helped me much.
Joker - what about Astrotec AX7 and UE700?

I'm not a fan of either compared to the similarly-priced VSonic VC1000 and modded Rock-It R-50. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #12,744 of 16,931
  what mod?

For me Ety triple-flanges + an inline impedance adapter (64 ohms) really balances them out. 

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #12,747 of 16,931
The M6 would be my recommendation as well. Some of the colors are less than $20 on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Sport-Fi-Noise-Isolating-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0038W0K2U and you can find more cheap ones on ebay.

Jan 27, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #12,749 of 16,931
Also the M6's silicon tips are great to try on with some of the good iems for better sq, isolation and fit than their stocks.........

Jan 27, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #12,750 of 16,931
Can someone recommend me earphones for workout? I have Dunu-DN900 but I am afraid I might break it if I'd use it when I am exercising. My budget is less than $20. Thank you

How about the xiaomi pistons 2. http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html
There is a great hype going on about them at the discovery thread. Haven't got them myself, but respected heafiers are praising them.
I'm curious to how joker would rate them, but reading this thread makes it obvious there are far more iems in line waiting to being reviewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back