Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jan 16, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #12,646 of 16,931
The H1 looks like it might be pretty comfortable...

did you tried the ckx9 ?

They didn't have one available but I was told that the bass gets increasingly heavy with the higher-end CKX models so I'm not sure I'd like it more than the 5, necessarily. The CKX5 is pretty punchy, probably CX250 or CX300 level.

Can the cable be worn over the ear?

Not comfortably, no. 

Now you see the reasoning behind the last line in my sig. :)

Lol. Amen to that.

does these seem fake or genuine?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Original-Yamaha-EPH-100-Earphones-EPH100-/141109714277?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item20dacb5d65

There have been reports of fake ones in this very thread. I wouldn't risk it, personally.

Spent a lot of time before joining Head fi browsing this comparison. Made many a purchase referencing this.

I'm happy to hear that 
beerchug.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #12,647 of 16,931
  The H1 looks like it might be pretty comfortable...

They didn't have one available but I was told that the bass gets increasingly heavy with the higher-end CKX models so I'm not sure I'd like it more than the 5, necessarily. The CKX5 is pretty punchy, probably CX250 or CX300 level.

yup , h1 is really comfortable and isolation is really nice , but the bass decay is a problem , had it burning in for last 14 hrs , havent heard them since then , i hope decay time improves . i know it cant be as good as a BA but 30% decrease will do , and the new isolation tips really reduces the booming bass , but im using the usual hybrid tips , after some 80-90 hrs i will switch to the isolation tips .
     and what will you say about the ckx5 , do they have good decay ?
     and i have a small request , and i might have asked for it a few weeks ago , but , do me a fidelio s1 and re-400 comparison , please .

Jan 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #12,648 of 16,931

Well you asked for something with a mic - the JVCs are definitely worth getting if you need a mic. Otherwise, considering you like the AM-800s, might as well just stick with those.

Well suddenly my AM800s have gone really quiet in the left ear. Not sure what really happened, I put them in my coat ocket, and cleaned them out and now it's like that.  Considering I got it from ebay, I'm probably gonna have the get the JVCs (and I found an app which will let me use the one button to control my phone nicely)

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #12,649 of 16,931
I am far from what is considered to be an audiophile. However, I do enjoy the music I listen to to sound the best it can inside of my budget. (don't we all). Also, I am a research-a-holic and am driving myself insane trying to make a decision. I have read much of this thread and many of the reviews by the OP.

My everyday on-ears are V-Moda M80s. I love these things and want to find something as close to the sound stage as these as possible in an IEM.

I recently purchased and received a pair of Denon AH-c300s. I love the sound and the cable. I greatly dislike the size, fit and volume control operation. So, needless to say, they are being returned.

Here are my requirements:
-Price: < $150, but would prefer something under $100
-In-line mic and three-button control for use with iPhone
-A very sturdy/tangle free cable. (the cable on the C300 is probably one of the best I have seen/felt)
-Good bass response (I listen to mostly hip-hop, classic rock and alt-rock)
-something not too bulky and looks good

Those are my main requirements. Would appreciate a well balanced spectrum with clear mids and highs as well as good vocal clarity.

Hopefully that isn't too much to ask! :wink:

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated and respected!!

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #12,650 of 16,931

yup , h1 is really comfortable and isolation is really nice , but the bass decay is a problem , had it burning in for last 14 hrs , havent heard them since then , i hope decay time improves . i know it cant be as good as a BA but 30% decrease will do , and the new isolation tips really reduces the booming bass , but im using the usual hybrid tips , after some 80-90 hrs i will switch to the isolation tips .
     and what will you say about the ckx5 , do they have good decay ?
     and i have a small request , and i might have asked for it a few weeks ago , but , do me a fidelio s1 and re-400 comparison , please .

The CKX5 is pretty good, I wouldn't call it high end by any means but $40 for a sweat-resistant earphone with an engaging 

S1 vs RE-400 comparison was a few pages back: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-308-iems-compared-ces-impressions-part-2-added-01-15-14-p-844/12600#post_10145763 

Well suddenly my AM800s have gone really quiet in the left ear. Not sure what really happened, I put them in my coat ocket, and cleaned them out and now it's like that.  Considering I got it from ebay, I'm probably gonna have the get the JVCs (and I found an app which will let me use the one button to control my phone nicely)

There's a number of Android apps that will do that. I use the JAYS headset controller.

I am far from what is considered to be an audiophile. However, I do enjoy the music I listen to to sound the best it can inside of my budget. (don't we all). Also, I am a research-a-holic and am driving myself insane trying to make a decision. I have read much of this thread and many of the reviews by the OP.

My everyday on-ears are V-Moda M80s. I love these things and want to find something as close to the sound stage as these as possible in an IEM.

I recently purchased and received a pair of Denon AH-c300s. I love the sound and the cable. I greatly dislike the size, fit and volume control operation. So, needless to say, they are being returned.

-A very sturdy/tangle free cable. (the cable on the C300 is probably one of the best I have seen/felt)

Those are my main requirements. Would appreciate a well balanced spectrum with clear mids and highs as well as good vocal clarity.

Hopefully that isn't too much to ask!
wink.gif

I haven't tried the C300 but it looks pretty huge. I've recommended the Yamaha EPH-100 to fans of the M-80 in the past but it doesn't have controls. With controls it would probably have to be the RHA MA750i (it's a little heavy but not too bad thanks to over-the-ear fit). Next best thing would be the Shure SE215 + 3-button mic cable, which will also run over $100. Under $100 I'd go for the Velodyne vPulse. Not the most high-grade construction (especially compared to the RHA and Shure) but not bad for under $100 and it's comfortable in the ear. 

Jan 17, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #12,651 of 16,931

Hopefully that isn't too much to ask!
wink.gif

image x7i and ue600vi ( my fav under $100 ) , cuz i cant see anything else with 3 button controller and have a good sq .

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #12,652 of 16,931
Thanks joker!!! I had not seen the RHA MA750i before nor even heard of the brand. (And I even lived in the UK for a while). Showing my noobness there I suppose.

Those might be exactly what I am looking for! I had a pair of Phillips a while back that looked very very similar in appearance and enjoyed their styling.

After reading reviews and doing some research on them, seems like the way to go. They look amazing!! If they sound half as good as they look...I'm sure I will really enjoy them!

As far as the C300 goes, they sound amazing, at least to my ears. The bass is tight and not overwhelming. The highs and mids are well defined and clear. There is a bit of a muffling of the vocals in some songs, but not enough to be annoying. I just can't get over the size and the operation of the volume rocker. I knew when I ordered them that they were big, but they are bigger than I expected. There is nothing low profile about them, which in my opinion is why people go with and IEM in the first place. If I wanted something that large on my ears, I'd just stick to my m80.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #12,653 of 16,931
I lied, this is my actually last question. I know that the JVCV FXD80 are pretty much a better version of my AM800s with the mic, but how are the Audio-Technica ATH-CKX7IS? I know they're not in the OP so I'm not sure if you've heard them before... 

Actually, reviews seem to say that the 9IS are much better, and I cant really afford them. 

Actually, I lied again. I'm slightly worried that the JVCs are gonna be heavy and not fit well. I'm not sure if I'm just being overcautious but are there any more alternatives at a sort of similar price? Otherwise I'll be ordering them soon. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #12,654 of 16,931
Hey joker, I have a question and maybe you can give me an answer with solidity. Is there any headphone (full size or compact) you've tested that resembles the sound of Westone 4 with a good soundstage? The amount to be invested in it is at most U$300, maybe U$350. Thanks for listening!

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #12,655 of 16,931
  I lied, this is my actually last question. I know that the JVCV FXD80 are pretty much a better version of my AM800s with the mic, but how are the Audio-Technica ATH-CKX7IS? I know they're not in the OP so I'm not sure if you've heard them before... 

Actually, reviews seem to say that the 9IS are much better, and I cant really afford them. 

Actually, I lied again. I'm slightly worried that the JVCs are gonna be heavy and not fit well. I'm not sure if I'm just being overcautious but are there any more alternatives at a sort of similar price? Otherwise I'll be ordering them soon. 

i dont know whats wrong with ue600vi .

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #12,656 of 16,931
I've been looking for the same combo for a while now. I did get the 750i and the sound, particularly the soundstage, is really good.

The reason I sent it back was cuz my left year just didn't work with their setup (over ear with non memory hook). If you can make it work for you these are a fantastic find for what you need.

I'm also considering the ath im70 if I can get a replacement cable with mic.

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #12,658 of 16,931

I haven't tried the CKX7 or CKX9 but I like the CKX5. Wouldn't put it above the FXD80 or AM-800 though. 

Hey joker, I have a question and maybe you can give me an answer with solidity. Is there any headphone (full size or compact) you've tested that resembles the sound of Westone 4 with a good soundstage? The amount to be invested in it is at most U$300, maybe U$350. Thanks for listening!

If you're going full-size and have an amp, the HD600 is the best all-rounder I've tried in that price range, personally, and has a balanced and spacious signature much like the W4.

I had forgotten about them considering that they're double the price of the JVCs. I've now found them a little cheaper (and the same price as the JVC if I buy used/refurb) which I could afford.
I assume they're better but are they still V shaped?

The UE600 is not v-shaped at all. It's very balanced, even a bit mid-centric.

Jan 19, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #12,660 of 16,931
So are there any recommended alternatives to the FXD80 then? ;p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ue600vi is 67$ , fxd-80 is 70 , go for anything , eu600 is light , fdx 80 is a bit heavy , fxd-80 has better cable , but ue-600 is not bad . get anything of these two that meets your eye .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back