Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Dec 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #12,361 of 16,931
I like Shure Olive tips, they take away just a bit of the bright edge without effecting the overall sound as much as Complys - plus they're more durable and more comfortable. Don't know what you mean about the bass, it's very tight already.

Sorry I misunderstood the bass in DBA02-MKII. It is tight.

Does the Shure Olive tip fit well on the nozzle of DBA02-MKII ?
Does it make the bass more punchy and deeper?

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #12,362 of 16,931
I don't think foam tips make the bass deeper and more punchy. From my experience single flange silicone tips (this is a VERY diverse category) tend to give the punchiest and deepest bass. But I haven't used any olives, just comply and vsonic foams. I did however love comply tips on my R-50 because they do add some kind of texture to the bass. Like the soft reverberations of a finger plucked bass guitar. You can almost see the string vibrate.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #12,363 of 16,931
  I don't think foam tips make the bass deeper and more punchy. From my experience single flange silicone tips (this is a VERY diverse category) tend to give the punchiest and deepest bass. But I haven't used any olives, just comply and vsonic foams. I did however love comply tips on my R-50 because they do add some kind of texture to the bass. Like the soft reverberations of a finger plucked bass guitar. You can almost see the string vibrate.

After changing to Shure's olive tip, I found it cuts down a bit of brightness of the original sound of DBA02-MKII.
I feel DBA02-MKII is no so good for song that emphasize heavy bass like dance/rock music. :frowning2:

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #12,364 of 16,931
Could you do a review on the Audio Technica IM-50? Thanks man, I'm glad to have such a knowledgeable source to look to for IEM advice.

Don't have one at this time. Maybe (hopefully) next year, especially if ATH decides to release these in the US...

Dec 19, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #12,365 of 16,931
Hi joker, thanx to you i bought mh1c 6 months back. they are awesome but have terrible fitting and cord. they just keep falling when on the move. so im thinking of buying another sets better sounding than these. I listen to almost all types of genres, more of hip hop, edm , classic rock. IMHO amount of bass on the mh1c should be the minimum for the iem, i cant comment on the quality.
Please suggest me good iem. my budget max 150 usd. My choices till now- Westone 3 , vsonic gr07be, vsonic vc1000, vsonic vsd1s, jvc fxt90, yamaha eph100.. Any help is appreciated by anyone. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #12,368 of 16,931
  Hi joker, thanx to you i bought mh1c 6 months back. they are awesome but have terrible fitting and cord. they just keep falling when on the move. so im thinking of buying another sets better sounding than these. I listen to almost all types of genres, more of hip hop, edm , classic rock. IMHO amount of bass on the mh1c should be the minimum for the iem, i cant comment on the quality.
Please suggest me good iem. my budget max 150 usd. My choices till now- Westone 3 , vsonic gr07be, vsonic vc1000, vsonic vsd1s, jvc fxt90, yamaha eph100.. Any help is appreciated by anyone. 
smily_headphones1.gif

If you want to retain most of the bass quantity, but improve on the quality my vote goes to the EPH-100.  I believe the rest will be considerably less bass-tilted comparatively, but the GR07 BE should also be a consideration.

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #12,370 of 16,931
smily_headphones1.gif

Modulor is right. You can definitely eliminate the VC1000, GR07BE, and VSD1S - they have less bass than the MH1C. The FXT90 and W3 may have similar midbass quantity but less deep bass than the MH1C. Only the EPH-100 can really compete with the Sony and is a good upgrade IMO. 

i look at the Moe-SS01 and think it's a weapon from video game lol

I can see that.

Is Yamaha EPH-100SL still able to have the similar detail, seperation & sound stage like in DBA02-MKII?

The enhanced bass and warm overall tone will mask some of the detail compared to something as flat as the DBA-02.

Dec 20, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #12,373 of 16,931
Anyone has tips on what would be nice for me?

Neutral and detailed
well extended in both frequency ends, 
Cold,
BIG soundstage, i sooo love huge soundstages =)
non sibilant,
not very bassy, but rather neutral, and not like ER4s, thats way to little.

:)

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #12,375 of 16,931
I was suspecting that answer :)

I see your from Sweden, so am I.
And i know you have the UE900, so do i. Black Friday from elgiganten :D

I love the UE900, but i understand i can get better, and i'm a little addicted to this hobby :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back