Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #12,182 of 16,931
Yeah I'm on the same boat, wanting to utilise BF's 20% off on Noble, keen on the 4C...

Well both places have 20% off and cost isn't a big issue for me. Noble is local and their lab in China is in my home city so I can get easy access. From what I read the customer service at JH is not as top notch as Heir/Noble. So if the Noble is comparable in performance I'd give them serious consideration.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #12,183 of 16,931
John and the crew are great and the build quality is nice however if you are in the US and need a refit it would be easier and likely a quicker turn around if your ciems are made within the US. When I originally ordered my 4as I went through 3 different refits which took close to 3 months total.

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #12,184 of 16,931
I come back. And this is the first thing I see. 
Well done buddy.
You're still keeping things alive haha/

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #12,185 of 16,931
Someone needs to send a pair of Fischer Amps FA-4E your way... I'd rather not send mine since I'm in EU and I'm basically married to them. Would be extremely jealous if someone else were to put them in their ears for a longer period of time. Also, if that person had lots of ear wax my little OCD-brain would go berserk. Anyway. You need to hear them :) they are what the UE900 should've been. (I find them significantly better in every aspect of the sound.)

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #12,186 of 16,931
Well both places have 20% off and cost isn't a big issue for me. Noble is local and their lab in China is in my home city so I can get easy access. From what I read the customer service at JH is not as top notch as Heir/Noble. So if the Noble is comparable in performance I'd give them serious consideration.

Heir 30% off everything - that makes 5.0 to be $419

DAMMNNN!!! decisions decisions...

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #12,187 of 16,931
Hi ljoker.. i have always taken your reviews for purchasing headphones..need a little help now..
I have sony mh1c... whats ur take on moe ss01 vs vsonic vsd1s.. i listen to more of rap, hiphop, rock, more of aggressive music.. bass is important for me.. but not much of "v" response.

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #12,188 of 16,931
Hi Joker, hope everything is good on your side. First of all thank you for your recommendations and time for us helping decide the IEM. Now i have a MH1C and Quadbeat, MH1C i tried to adapt but cable is a nightmare and so is the fit, i like the sound but its starting to make some static too. Coming to Quadbeat, it is airy and clear and bass is enough for me with moderate EQing but i am unable to get a proper fit for it and don't find the large housings comfortable. So now comes your work... What next? I am totally confused as to what could form an upgrade from these two, i love the warmth of MH1C but i need some airy feel for a prolonged listening. So something on lines of Quadbeat with same airiness along with a better low end response with a good firm fit is what i am looking at. I am contemplating VSD1S/VSD1, Astrotec AM90, SM E10. Your recommendation is highly appreciated as always!!

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #12,189 of 16,931
Hey Joker, seeing as the Noble 4S is based on a 4 driver configuration, do you think the Noble 4 would be similar or even the same sounding? If so that would be a steal at $360...
Maybe this is a question I should ask the Noble reps haha

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #12,192 of 16,931
  Hey joker,

Regarding the Noble 4, do you think there would be much difference between the acrylic, silicone and the universal fit ?

Thanks 

Here's your answer from the Noble Audio thread mate:

"The 4c, 4s, and the Noble 4 IEM all have the same internals. Each configuration would yield the same 2cc coupler measurement but may not have the same insitu measurement due to the differences in insertion depth, and reflection characteristics of the shell/housing material.

Are these differences audible? That is a question that is wide open for debate, and I'd prefer not to go into that as really it is a subjective interpretation of events/results.

I use iems Brannen uses ciems. As a company and a tam we embrace both housings."

Damn, this Noble Audio 4 is becoming really appealing now

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #12,193 of 16,931

Here's your answer from the Noble Audio thread mate:

"The 4c, 4s, and the Noble 4 IEM all have the same internals. Each configuration would yield the same 2cc coupler measurement but may not have the same insitu measurement due to the differences in insertion depth, and reflection characteristics of the shell/housing material.

Are these differences audible? That is a question that is wide open for debate, and I'd prefer not to go into that as really it is a subjective interpretation of events/results.

I use iems Brannen uses ciems. As a company and a tam we embrace both housings."

Damn, this Noble Audio 4 is becoming really appealing now

Well I have had my eyes on the 5 and MUST decide within the next 24 hours - Heir 5.0 ($419) vs Noble 5 ($520), which I think are a steal with either one on such a quality universal 

Is it safe to assume that both signature would be somewhat similar? surely it won't be like heaven and earth different, will it?

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #12,194 of 16,931

Well I have had my eyes on the 5 and MUST decide within the next 24 hours - Heir 5.0 ($419) vs Noble 5 ($520), which I think are a steal with either one on such a quality universal 

Is it safe to assume that both signature would be somewhat similar? surely it won't be like heaven and earth different, will it?

Must be an incredibly tough decision mate :p
I'm going to stick with Noble, mainly due to something I've read... Can't discuss it here, as it's probably slanderous but can message ya

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #12,195 of 16,931
Brainwavz B2 or Rock it R-50?

I heard that R-50 might be warmer with better bass. But the DBA02 mkII seems to have even better bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back