Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Sep 11, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #14,552 of 16,931
Hi to all! :)
I hope you will help me with my "original" issue. :)
I try to find earphones for my metalhead girlfriend. The problem is she have to small ear canal, someting about 4 mm in most thin part. So "common" earphones just don't fit. Can you, please, give me advice about specific models (with decent bass) which she can use?
Thank you in advance! :)

That all depends on the budget, but there are lots of options with smaller nozzles. 

to add, klipsch S4i & S5i has narrow nozzles and their oval tips fits well for small ears,ety kids is another option to look for (but less sensitivity) and soundMagic PL21 also another one that has narrow nozzle......you need to buy some time to research for your particular need than just ordering.....

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:20 PM Post #14,553 of 16,931
Unfortunately IEM are personal care, so we can't just go to shop and try some models. This is why I ask you. :) 

P.S. Accordingly to this thread reviews, klipsch S4i and especially soundMagic PL21 have too bad sound but thank you anyway. :)

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #14,554 of 16,931
The GR07 has smaller nozzles and tips. My GF uses them fine with the stock tips and she's 5'0 and tiny. It also has an amazing sound quality to price ratio. If she needs more bass punch you could go for the Bass Edition. If you live in the US get them from here: http://www.amazon.com/VSONIC-gr07-bass-GR07-Edition/dp/B00KM4N83K/ref=pd_tcs_subst_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TH0M07GYTFAXTVJD0J2

If you live elsewhere, get them from lendmeurears.com. 

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #14,555 of 16,931
  The GR07 has smaller nozzles and tips. My GF uses them fine with the stock tips and she's 5'0 and tiny. It also has an amazing sound quality to price ratio. If she needs more bass punch you could go for the Bass Edition. If you live in the US get them from here: http://www.amazon.com/VSONIC-gr07-bass-GR07-Edition/dp/B00KM4N83K/ref=pd_tcs_subst_e_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1TH0M07GYTFAXTVJD0J2

If you live elsewhere, get them from lendmeurears.com. 

Hmm, nozzle size for Bass Edition is 4mm. Same measurement is ear canal. Any tips add 1-1,5mm and I'm afraid we'll fail with GR07. :frowning2:

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #14,558 of 16,931
  Hmm, the nozzle size of Bass Edition is 4mm. Ear canal have same measurement. Any tips add 1-1,5mm, so I'm afraid we'll fail with GR07. :frowning2:

you know , you should try foam tips , and is size and bass and some SQ are the biggest thing , i dont think there is any thing close to se215 and golden crystal .

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #14,559 of 16,931
  FWIW, the GR07 comes with the smallest tips I've ever seen. If she can't squeeze these in comfortably I don't think anything is gonna work.

Why? In this thread I see many models with 2.5mm nozzle size, so even with tips it does not exceed 4mm. Btw, what actually means 2.5mm nozzle size? With my Sennh ie6 I see nozzle have bigger edge for tip attachment I think. Is this 2.5mm relate to this bigger edge or not?

you know , you should try foam tips , and is size and bass and some SQ are the biggest thing , i dont think there is any thing close to se215 and golden crystal .

It is quite interesting. So I can buy IEM and foam tips separately? Do you mean some memory foam tips or something else?

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #14,560 of 16,931
Unfortunately IEM are personal care, so we can't just go to shop and try some models. This is why I ask you. :) 

P.S. Accordingly to this thread reviews, klipsch S4i and especially soundMagic PL21 have too bad sound but thank you anyway. :)

Well there are few electronic shops/stores who keep the IEMs for customers to try like headphones,on display....again not common tho....thats why we come here and get some valuable inputs from others...:D

Yes both klipschs are not good sounding but pl21 is not bad for the price with angled nozzle and narrow bore..if you are on tight budget....agains its all come to our personal preferences....

Best way is to fix a budget and her sound preference then narrow down....like zapx629 quoted, there are options to choose that depends on your budget and sound preference.....:wink:

Sep 12, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #14,561 of 16,931
Best way is to fix a budget and her sound preference then narrow down....like zapx629 quoted, there are options to choose that depends on your budget and sound preference.....
wink.gif

Yes, and I fixed budget a couple posts above (it is 200$) and her music preference is power/md/falk/viking metal, so good bass is necessary. :)

Sep 12, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #14,562 of 16,931
Thanks. It's true that bass isn't my chief concern. Where could I buy the ba200 at a reasonable price? The only place I know of is eBay and its from some random Israeli seller. I heard they were selling for 120 last year on Amazon but I can't find anything once again.

I am not aware of BA200 counterfeits. TDK doesn't make them anymore which makes them tough to find anywhere near $120.

joker, can you recommend me iem that has greatest mid quality under $250 ?
i listen to smooth jazz and vocal music

TDK BA200, HiFiMan RE-400, Ortofon e-Q5 should all be good. The e-Q5 is a bit brighter than the other two but still nice and smooth, with very clean mids. 

Natural upgrade for the DN-1000?

I like the overall sound and detail. Things that could be improved are: comfort, soundstage, smoother treble.

The DN-2000 covers the soundstage and smoother treble, but sounds a little thinner and less bassy as well. The Sony XBA-H3 is even smoother, more full-bodied, and can be very comfortable despite its odd shape, but gives up a little clarity to the DN-1000 and DN-2000.

Question as usual ...have you heard TPeos H100ii ....any input would be appreciated ...thanks in advance

Have not tried the H100ii, only the original H100.

ljokerl my MMX 71 iE finally arrived, I would say they`re nothing special, their sound remembered me a lot the SHE3570/SHE3590, would you agree?
Althought for 20 buck I think they`re a good buy, the problem is that the Pistons are really better for almost the same price.

I think the 3580 and Piston 2 are both better than the "genuine" DTX/MMX71.

@joker

I finally decided to buy a wooden IEM for best sound and looks; the Astrotec AM800. Would you think these has one of the best sounds by far in a wooden housing? I'm hoping I made the right choice.

Is there a comparison with other wooden IEM's?

So far, they sound really good just as you described in your list of IEM's!

The wooden IEMs I've tried since the AM-800 have all been rather bad (Meze 11 Deco, Accidentally Extraordinary Bamboo, Tekfusion Ecoofers). The AM-800 and Thinksound MS01 are still the best ones I've tried under $100. 

Best earbuds for hip hop/soul/r and b at 100$ or under?

Lots of options... without any additional requirements the Piston2 would be quite good at $25. 

Sounds like a reasonable explanation, lol. There is another S1 in my household which I tried out today. A bit more bass, a boost in the treble, and not as smooth refined sounding as mine either. My housemate also bought the R1M when NarMoos last sale was on. I'll try them out to see how they compare to mine.

Are you planning to review both the VSonic VSD3 and VSD3S, or just the 3S? Either way, I'm excited to read your upcoming reviews. :D

Just the VSD3S for now
wink.gif

Hi to all! :)
I hope you will help me with my "original" issue. :)
I try to find earphones for my metalhead girlfriend. The problem is she have to small ear canal, someting about 4 mm in most thin part. So "common" earphones just don't fit. Can you, please, give me advice about specific models (with decent bass) which she can use?
Thank you in advance! :)

Unfortunately not all small IEMs come with small eartips. Klipsch Image X10s come to mind as something very friendly towards small ears / ear canals and with very solid bass. If you're in the US you can get them for $190 or so. 

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #14,563 of 16,931

The wooden IEMs I've tried since the AM-800 have all been rather bad (Meze 11 Deco, Accidentally Extraordinary Bamboo, Tekfusion Ecoofers). The AM-800 and Thinksound MS01 are still the best ones I've tried under $100.

Thanks Joker, that was promising to hear!

I am very convinced with the sound signature and the looks of my AM800's. Best looking wooden IEM, by far!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back