Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Mar 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #13,174 of 16,931
What would be something good for electronic music, rap, hip hop, pop, generally popular/new songs?
I suffer from extreme buyers remorse, so I have yet to buy anything hi-fi in my time on the forum (less than 2 months). I can't event get a comfortable fit with IEM's, but then I bought a cheap pair of Sony 'phones and they had the hybrids on them... Needless to say, I loved the fit and kept the tips after they broke (dog...).
I've heard good things about the 8320's, GR06's, and R04's (regular/basic edition)
If you didn't really understand the music genres, my soundcloud is -
https://soundcloud.com/sebsg

Although, I have been posting much more electronic than vocals recently, but I still want something good for vocals
Another thing is, can someone explain the terms for soundstage? (Width, depth, height, etc)
From what I understand, another thing I want is depth in soundstage.

Budget? Less than $50 USD

Your Soon to be Head-Fi'er,
Sebs

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #13,175 of 16,931

I only had a short audition with it and brought just my Meelec A161P and VSonic GR07 for comparisons, nothing in the $50 price range. I thought it sounded pretty good but not as good as either of those. 

XBA-1 costs like 20-25 bucks in amazon, sir! (includes the shipping). I love XBA-1...I am exalted with its combination of non-fatiguing,comfort, and isolation, when applied with V-moda medium tips.

Mar 9, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #13,176 of 16,931
  Joker, just want to say thanks for all your dedication.
This thread is probably the no.1 reference when it comes to buying IEMs all over the internet.
We appreciate your work man!

Thank you, glad the thread has been useful!

XBA-1 costs like 20-25 bucks in amazon, sir! (includes the shipping). I love XBA-1...I am exalted with its combination of non-fatiguing,comfort, and isolation, when applied with V-moda medium tips.

Yeah, that's an impressively low price. Don't know of any cheaper BAs except maybe the Knowles SR-based Altec Lansing ones when they're on sale. 

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #13,177 of 16,931
Are two pin connectors durable or is an mmcx connector preferable? I am concerned that they don't have a locking mechanism and may detach with sudden movement, I am not fond if the Roxanne's proprietary connector as it is harder to get aftermarket cables, if there are any. What are your thoughts?

Mar 9, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #13,178 of 16,931
  Yeah, that's an impressively low price. Don't know of any cheaper BAs except maybe the Knowles SR-based Altec Lansing ones when they're on sale. 

she 9850 was on sale here for $17 , i grabbed one .

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #13,183 of 16,931
I also quite enjoyed SHE9700, I went on a little obsession with them for a few days. Like anything head-fi related though it was short lived.

Well, I honestly enjoyed the she9850 for quite a long period and I had a lot more expensive iems at the time. It was my gym iem for close to a year and the only reason I still don't own it is because I lent it to a friend and he lost it as usual. Anyway, she9850 is a pretty decent single BA iem - mid-centric, warm and sweet sounding with a bit of the shure house sound to it. It does lack some extension on both ends, especially the treble, which rolls off early and makes the sound slightly dark and low on sparkle but I would buy it any day of the week for 17 bucks.

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #13,184 of 16,931
  Well, I honestly enjoyed the she9850 for quite a long period and I had a lot more expensive iems at the time. It was my gym iem for close to a year and the only reason I still don't own it is because I lent it to a friend and he lost it as usual. Anyway, she9850 is a pretty decent single BA iem - mid-centric, warm and sweet sounding with a bit of the shure house sound to it. It does lack some extension on both ends, especially the treble, which rolls off early and makes the sound slightly dark and low on sparkle but I would buy it any day of the week for 17 bucks.

exactly , bass is nice , everything is fine but its just not refined , the ue 600 is more refined . better then pl50 though . comes with a nice carry pouch , cable is s a bit noisy though and it comes with a cable clip . these are my two .

Mar 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #13,185 of 16,931

exactly , bass is nice , everything is fine but its just not refined , the ue 600 is more refined . better then pl50 though . comes with a nice carry pouch , cable is s a bit noisy though and it comes with a cable clip . these are my two .

I remember mine came with a metal slide case and also comply t100 was included in the package 

Definitely preferred the sound with comply tips or shure olives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back