Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Nov 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #11,971 of 16,931
  Hey! For just a little difference (about 10 euros), it would be a better buy the Vsonic VC1000 or the GR07 MK2?
I was kind of sold with the VC1000 but then I found some GR07 MK2 in discount, so now I'm still undecided.
Which one has better soundstage? Which one has better detail? Which is more bright and/or have a better refined treble? And, is sibilance still an issue with the MK2?

Thanks in advance,
Nexodon

I have a similar question, I'm going for the Vsonic since they are a great fit for me in the performance and value. But not sure which one to get. 
I'm between the GR07 MK2 and the GR07 Bass Edition. I read the reviews and the similarities, also the impressions of them on other sites.
I mostly listen to Rock, Rap, Industrial and ocassionally Salsa and Latin music, so I lean more to the "fun" of the Bass Edition.
Which would you recommend? 
My plan is to pair them with an Fiio X3.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #11,972 of 16,931

I have a similar question, I'm going for the Vsonic since they are a great fit for me in the performance and value. But not sure which one to get. 
I'm between the GR07 MK2 and the GR07 Bass Edition. I read the reviews and the similarities, also the impressions of them on other sites.
I mostly listen to Rock, Rap, Industrial and ocassionally Salsa and Latin music, so I lean more to the "fun" of the Bass Edition.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Gr07 Bass Edition will suit more to your music preference.

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #11,973 of 16,931
I have a question about the Music One's. How would their sound signature compare with that of the EPH-100's. I've had these and really loved the sound but they hurt after 15 minutes of use.

Also would the Music One be a (albeit minor) upgrade to the EPH-100. Or are there other (better) IEM's that don't need the deep insertion that boast the same sound signature as the EPH-100?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #11,974 of 16,931
  Amazing, thanks for all this valuable information!

beerchug.gif

Hey! For just a little difference (about 10 euros), it would be a better buy the Vsonic VC1000 or the GR07 MK2?
I was kind of sold with the VC1000 but then I found some GR07 MK2 in discount, so now I'm still undecided.
Which one has better soundstage? Which one has better detail? Which is more bright and/or have a better refined treble? And, is sibilance still an issue with the MK2?

Thanks in advance,
Nexodon

I don't have a GR07 mkII but my GR07 Bass Edition (which is based on the mkII) has more refined treble than my original GR07. Still not as good at avoiding sibilance VC1000, though. Can't really split them on soundstaging and detail - both are very good. The VC1000 is a little thinner so it can be perceived as having more detail but realistically it won't make much difference at that level.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

They aren't that different. If you're leaning towards the Bass Edition, go for it.

I have a question about the Music One's. How would their sound signature compare with that of the EPH-100's. I've had these and really loved the sound but they hurt after 15 minutes of use.

Also would the Music One be a (albeit minor) upgrade to the EPH-100. Or are there other (better) IEM's that don't need the deep insertion that boast the same sound signature as the EPH-100?

Thanks in advance!

They are much flatter and more neutral than the EPH-100. Coming from the Yamahas you'll notice much lower bass quantity and better balance through the midrange and treble, as well as a slightly thinner note presentation. If you're looking for accuracy they definitely are an upgrade to the Yamahas. Bigger question is whether that type of sound will appeal to you as much as the EPH-100. To be honest I'm not aware of any shallow-fit earphones that sound like the EPH-100 in that price range. The Senn IE800 comes to mind but it's quite a bit more expensive. The JVC FX700, too, but it's a smaller step up and a thicker, more v-shaped-sound. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #11,977 of 16,931
  Hi Joker!
Curious to what are your favourite earphones for EDM (trance, house, trouse, d'n'b, etc.)?

Customs aside, probably the EPH-100 from Yamaha (for value, at least). I also very much liked the Phonak PFE232 and Ultrasone IQ. 

Art Music One is a extremely intriguing headphone you have reviewed. I would like to know how the Music One compares to FXT-90 in terms of the whole sound signature, soundstage, naturalness, and realism of the sound.

Same as with the EPH-100 comparison above, the Music One is much flatter and more neutral. Coming from the JVCs there will be less mid-bass and less treble sparkle/energy, with better accuracy throughout. Personally I think this type of sound is more natural but it'll come down to what you prefer. The soundstage oft the Music One is a little wider/more out-of-the-head but otherwise will be similar as the JVCs already have good depth. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #11,978 of 16,931
 They are much flatter and more neutral than the EPH-100. Coming from the Yamahas you'll notice much lower bass quantity and better balance through the midrange and treble, as well as a slightly thinner note presentation. If you're looking for accuracy they definitely are an upgrade to the Yamahas. Bigger question is whether that type of sound will appeal to you as much as the EPH-100. To be honest I'm not aware of any shallow-fit earphones that sound like the EPH-100 in that price range. The Senn IE800 comes to mind but it's quite a bit more expensive. The JVC FX700, too, but it's a smaller step up and a thicker, more v-shaped-sound. 

Good thing then I'm willing to spend more. I was think off about 400 euros. Which would not get me close enough to the Sennheiser IE-800 but are there more IEM's in that price bracket that can get me this sound. Maybe a JVC FXZ-200. Thing is I really fell in love with the sound of the EPH-100 but that awful fit.

The much lower bass quantify of the MusicOne would be a turn off. I'm not a basshead (at least I think so) but I do like some impact. A more neutral sounding IEM is not a problem. But I do not like analytical, there should be a hint of warmthness and smoothness.

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #11,981 of 16,931
I was wondering what's the best sounding (balanced/ natural with slight bass and nice treble - no extreme bass boost) IEM that has very LOW on isolation that is below $125? Is it the semi-open Philips Fidelio S2 that's currently $100? Any of the "sport/exercise" headphones (Sennheiser/Adidas OCX 685i)? Something else? I'd like it with a mic, but it's not critical.

I work in a lab on graveyard shift and I need to still be aware of equipment alarms and my coworker calling for me, so I need to be alert. I could play my music over the computer speakers but I would like to keep my music with me for calls or when I go to the different rooms.

For reference, my favorite IEM is the GR07BE but its isolation is good. Recently I've rediscovered my Monoprice 9927 with a double flange tip and a microfiber cloth over the nozzle that I enjoy. The isolation is poor, which I'm looking for.

Thanks

Nov 4, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #11,982 of 16,931
You could also consider earbuds or open cans. If I were in a lab or similar I'd want to hear as much as possible. A Yuin PK3 is practically free and it sounds decent, the openness is very nice and it's a real treat to listen to in quiet environments. My recommendation is that you try a cheaper earbud, if the nonexistent isolation is too little for you, then a semi-open iem could work.

Nov 4, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #11,983 of 16,931
Joker, 

I'm still unsure of what to get between the SM64 or W4, the W4 are cheaper though. I'm still not sure if they will fit me though since I like forward vocals. The iem's I have currently all have very forward vocals/mids (CK100, E-Q7, RE262). The reason why I returned the UE900 was because ithe vocals was too distant and hollow. Also which of the two have bigger soundstages and how does it compare to the E-Q7?

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #11,985 of 16,931
  Joker, have you ever used silver cable to IE8 and notice sound difference?
I'm trying to keep my ie8 for maybe another year before moving to CIEM. JH13 or UM Miracle your opinion? I want airy large soundstage, like IE8, but less bass and more balanced sound.
Also, Any thoughts for UM 3DD?
http://www.uniquemelodyshop.com/unique-melody-customs/unique-melody-3dd/

The IE8 I had was a loan from another Head-Fier. Never tried any aftermarket cables with it.

I think both the JH13 or Miracle would be good for a more balanced sound with good imaging. The JH13 has more mid-bass so it would be less of a shock coming from the IE8. Never tried the 3DD.

belated congrats on the 300! keep up the great work! :D

Thank you
beerchug.gif
!

I was wondering what's the best sounding (balanced/ natural with slight bass and nice treble - no extreme bass boost) IEM that has very LOW on isolation that is below $125? Is it the semi-open Philips Fidelio S2 that's currently $100? Any of the "sport/exercise" headphones (Sennheiser/Adidas OCX 685i)? Something else? I'd like it with a mic, but it's not critical.

I work in a lab on graveyard shift and I need to still be aware of equipment alarms and my coworker calling for me, so I need to be alert. I could play my music over the computer speakers but I would like to keep my music with me for calls or when I go to the different rooms.

For reference, my favorite IEM is the GR07BE but its isolation is good. Recently I've rediscovered my Monoprice 9927 with a double flange tip and a microfiber cloth over the nozzle that I enjoy. The isolation is poor, which I'm looking for.

Thanks

I don't think the S2 is that low on isolation, unfortunately - it seems to isolate better than my Sony MDR-7550, for example. 

If I were you I'd grab a pair of these: http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Dual-Drive-Earbuds-iPhone-Devices/dp/B004F4W8G6 . They use the same housing as the Radius DDM2. Isolation is poor, they are cheap, and they have a mic, but they still sound quite good.

Joker, 

I'm still unsure of what to get between the SM64 or W4, the W4 are cheaper though. I'm still not sure if they will fit me though since I like forward vocals. The iem's I have currently all have very forward vocals/mids (CK100, E-Q7, RE262). The reason why I returned the UE900 was because ithe vocals was too distant and hollow. Also which of the two have bigger soundstages and how does it compare to the E-Q7?

The SM64 has more bass than midrange. The W4 still has some mid-bass emphasis but on the whole I think it's more mid-forward than the SM64 and would suit your better. Both have good soundstage size, no complaints. The e-Q7 didn't sound as spacious to me.

Which would you say are the best for classical music, still Etys? Thanks :)

If you like the Ety-neutral sonic balance then yes, Etys are great and still at the top of their game.

In general, even with the same genres people look for different things in their earphones so it really depends more on the type of sound you enjoy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back