Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
May 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #10,276 of 16,931
Quote:

I've never had mine break from hitting the floor, they are just so light. On the other hand, the wire breaks so easily its not even funny.

Edit: Is their anyway to check if a pair of IEMs are being discontinued? I can't find them on Vsonic's website, and there is only 1 left in stock on amazon...

May 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #10,277 of 16,931
Are IEMS supposed to hurt your ears after you take them out? The M9s I currently have are very pianful to my ears, they put a ton of pressure on the ear canal walls, and afterwards my ears end up feeling like they are constantly being pricked by a needle. I only use them because I have to have isolation.

May 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #10,278 of 16,931
I've never had mine break from hitting the floor, they are just so light. On the other hand, the wire breaks so easily its not even funny.

Edit: Is their anyway to check if a pair of IEMs are being discontinued? I can't find them on Vsonic's website, and there is only 1 left in stock on amazon...

Never had them break on me either due to being dropped, but if they did I wouldn't exactly be shocked. Tiny, delicate parts, adhesives, thin wires, anything could get jarred loose on a pinpoint impact.

The VC02 is a relatively new product and VSonic isn't the best at updating their website =/

Are IEMS supposed to hurt your ears after you take them out? The M9s I currently have are very pianful to my ears, they put a ton of pressure on the ear canal walls, and afterwards my ears end up feeling like they are constantly being pricked by a needle. I only use them because I have to have isolation.

Is this your first time using IEM's? If so your ears should get used to the pressure a bit more. But the I slept on my arm feeling is a bit weird because that might mean lack of blood flow until you remove them... Maybe use a smaller tip? Or a smaller nozzle IEM? Dunno but it's a start.

May 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #10,279 of 16,931
Quote:
Never had them break on me either due to being dropped, but if they did I wouldn't exactly be shocked. Tiny, delicate parts, adhesives, thin wires, anything could get jarred loose on a pinpoint impact.

The VC02 is a relatively new product and VSonic isn't the best at updating their website =/
Is this your first time using IEM's? If so your ears should get used to the pressure a bit more. But the I slept on my arm feeling is a bit weird because that might mean lack of blood flow until you remove them... Maybe use a smaller tip? Or a smaller nozzle IEM? Dunno but it's a start.

I guess they could break, then, it just always feels like the IEMs are too light weight to even be pushed by falling, as if they are feathers.

I don't think I described the feeling well enough, Its a lot more like pain then it is like having an arm fall asleep. It makes me feel like I damaged my hearing, which makes no sense, because I can just wear them with no sound playing and it does this. I don't know if its because of a huge difference in pressure or what... I also am wondering if I can even wear deep insertion IEMs, my ears don't feel like they would let the IEMs go in that far, like my ears are blocked off past that point. And I'm not new to IEMs, either. While, yes, the M9s were my first pair, I've had them for over a year now, and  I'm easily used to the feeling. I think it has something more to with the insertion and removal process of the IEMs, messing with my eardrums because of pressure. Maybe I just don't know how to wear IEMs. Though the way I maximize pressure increases isolation a ton, almost doubles it I'd say. Even at normal pressures, these things still cause pain, though.

The reason I want new earbuds is because I lost one of the tips to the E9, and those were the only tips that could isolate even moderately without adding tons of pressure. Without those, I have to use the other tips in very unconvential, painful manners, and those isolate even less then the stock tips. I don't know whether the M9s are just painful to my ears, or my search for overly powerful isolation is the one killing my ears.

Maybe I should just go with an Etymotic, instead. I don't know if the VC02 will isolate enough that I will not end up forcing it to isolate through bad-for-the-ear insertion.

May 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #10,280 of 16,931
I'm not sure I'm helping you by telling you this what with it making your ears fall asleep but you can get replacement tips for the M9 shipped pretty cheap on the meelectronics website.

I feel like you might want to look into customs, which would be a much larger expenditure unfortunately. Great isolation and probably little to no pressure on the ear canal.

May 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #10,281 of 16,931
Quote:
I'm not sure I'm helping you by telling you this what with it making your ears fall asleep but you can get replacement tips for the M9 shipped pretty cheap on the meelectronics website.

I feel like you might want to look into customs, which would be a much larger expenditure unfortunately. Great isolation and probably little to no pressure on the ear canal.

I could also spray paint my HD280s like I've been planning and start taking those everywhere (seeing as I'm getting some new higher end headphones anyways). I have lots of possibilities, and I don't have to figure this out for a while, so I'll check into it. I'm upgrading my M9s anyways, I don't like the sound signature in the first place.

I will get some customs maybe 10 years from now, but not yet. Though, actually... I should have the funds to get customs this summer, maybe... I'll actually see if that's a possibility.

edit: ugh... I just tried putting on my M9s again, with no sound, and no trying to make it isolate. Whenever I take them out, it just hurts my ears. How do you make it not hurt so much?!

May 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #10,282 of 16,931
This is probably not what you want to hear but if smaller tips don't help, maybe see an ENT doctor?

May 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #10,283 of 16,931
Quote:
This is probably not what you want to hear but if smaller tips don't help, maybe see an ENT doctor?

Actually the tips that are on right now are even bigger then the originals XD
I don't have any small tips, sadly, so I can't check for this.
Also, the pain does seem the be caused by the giant decrease in pressure when I take them out. it really pulls on the ear drums. Anyway to not have that happen?

Edit: Do the VC02s come with small tips? That would probably make it so I can actually use them... Maybe my ear canals are thinner then most peoples?

May 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #10,284 of 16,931
Maybe, if possible, try compressing the tip on one side to break the seal before pulling it out?

The VC02 should come with a relative ton of tips.

May 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #10,285 of 16,931
Quote:
Maybe, if possible, try compressing the tip on one side to break the seal before pulling it out?

The VC02 should come with a relative ton of tips.

While I can't seem to break the seal in that way, breaking the seal at all does seem to help a ton. But not fully, because these tips right now are just way too big and cause way too much pressure in all directions...

Yeah, I just checked them here, how are these only a 3 on accessories, they come with so much!

May 13, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #10,287 of 16,931
Quote:
I guess they could break, then, it just always feels like the IEMs are too light weight to even be pushed by falling, as if they are feathers.

I don't think I described the feeling well enough, Its a lot more like pain then it is like having an arm fall asleep. It makes me feel like I damaged my hearing, which makes no sense, because I can just wear them with no sound playing and it does this. I don't know if its because of a huge difference in pressure or what... I also am wondering if I can even wear deep insertion IEMs, my ears don't feel like they would let the IEMs go in that far, like my ears are blocked off past that point. And I'm not new to IEMs, either. While, yes, the M9s were my first pair, I've had them for over a year now, and  I'm easily used to the feeling. I think it has something more to with the insertion and removal process of the IEMs, messing with my eardrums because of pressure. Maybe I just don't know how to wear IEMs. Though the way I maximize pressure increases isolation a ton, almost doubles it I'd say. Even at normal pressures, these things still cause pain, though.

The reason I want new earbuds is because I lost one of the tips to the E9, and those were the only tips that could isolate even moderately without adding tons of pressure. Without those, I have to use the other tips in very unconvential, painful manners, and those isolate even less then the stock tips. I don't know whether the M9s are just painful to my ears, or my search for overly powerful isolation is the one killing my ears.

Maybe I should just go with an Etymotic, instead. I don't know if the VC02 will isolate enough that I will not end up forcing it to isolate through bad-for-the-ear insertion.

I'm quite sure that vc02's (ety like isolation depends on your tips) can give you great isolation with good comfort. Just choose the right tips, you'll have a good number of tips you can choose from. Deep insertion is also very comfortable with the vc02's I'm not having any problems at all and I'm very happy with its isolation. :)

May 13, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #10,288 of 16,931
Quote:
Actually the tips that are on right now are even bigger then the originals XD
I don't have any small tips, sadly, so I can't check for this.
Also, the pain does seem the be caused by the giant decrease in pressure when I take them out. it really pulls on the ear drums. Anyway to not have that happen?

Edit: Do the VC02s come with small tips? That would probably make it so I can actually use them... Maybe my ear canals are thinner then most peoples?

VC02's comes with the smallest tips I've seen in an iem package haha maybe that would fit you. 

May 13, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #10,290 of 16,931
Quote:
Okay,i will get the vc02s then!
Do they really come with all those colorful tips?

Mine did but VSonic have changed their accessory sets in the past without notice. You may want to confirm with the listing or even the seller, depending on where you are buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back