Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Oct 1, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #4,321 of 16,931

Quote:
I don't think there's an official price for the Crystal but figures I've seen indicate $120-130. The Golden Crystal would need to be significantly better to compete with other top-tiers. Love the form factor, though, and I think the GC has an L-plug which is my (very minor) quibble about the Crystal.

Is there a USA dealer for the Golden Crystals?

Oct 2, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #4,324 of 16,931
Oct 2, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #4,325 of 16,931

Quote:
@joker, I just want to say "Thank You!" for this thread.  I refer to it several times a week.  It's an absolutely amazing resource.

Awesome, glad the thread comes in handy so often

Quote:
ljokerl, have you heard the Brainwavz B2's? If you have, how do they compare to the GR07s? They both seem to be in the same, high-middle range, so it seems natural to compare them. If not, has anyone else heard both that would like to comment?

I've only heard the pre-production B2. For all intents and purposes the final version should score very similarly to the DBA-02 evaluated in this thread. Yes, they are natural competitors with the GR07 - I would recommend the B2/DBA-02 if you're looking to maximize resolution and speed and the GR07 if you'd rather have a slightly less analytical signature with more bass.

Quote:
Is there a USA dealer for the Golden Crystals?

None that I know of. Not sure about the price, either. I seem to remember ~$250 but I could be off the mark on that.

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #4,326 of 16,931
Well Frogbeats has the Golden Crystal for about 200$ with shipping. Interesting how they're found in the "studio-monitor" section of their site, you could also hope a coupon in the future. 

Oct 2, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #4,327 of 16,931
I'll keep an eye on frogbeats for sales and hopefully any possible reviews/impressions to pop up around here.  I really like the idea of an IEM that small and if the sound can compete with the Monster Trumpets without the ridiculous looks, I'm in.

Oct 2, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #4,331 of 16,931

Quote:

I don't think there's an official price for the Crystal but figures I've seen indicate $120-130. The Golden Crystal would need to be significantly better to compete with other top-tiers. Love the form factor, though, and I think the GC has an L-plug which is my (very minor) quibble about the Crystal.

they do

(yay my #500 post)

Oct 2, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #4,332 of 16,931

Quote:
@joker

having the pl50 , do you consider the a151 a decent/major upgrade in SQ, keeping a good fit/comfort and maybe more isolation?

No, not a major upgrade. I think the A151 is tuned a little bit better in many ways and it doesn't have that overly creamy, stuffy midrange of the PL50 but otherwise it's just not a big step up. The isolation is better but it's not as small as a PL50 so it may be less comfortable.

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #4,334 of 16,931

Quote:

Quote:
@joker

having the pl50 , do you consider the a151 a decent/major upgrade in SQ, keeping a good fit/comfort and maybe more isolation?

No, not a major upgrade. I think the A151 is tuned a little bit better in many ways and it doesn't have that overly creamy, stuffy midrange of the PL50 but otherwise it's just not a big step up. The isolation is better but it's not as small as a PL50 so it may be less comfortable.

how about treble, any more sparkle?

Oct 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #4,335 of 16,931

Quote:
ljokerl,
Congratulation by great work!
Your reviews help me very.
Thank you!

beerchug.gif

Quote:
how about treble, any more sparkle?

No. From the A151 review:

Quote: