Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jul 17, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #3,556 of 16,931
I love my 866B, not only is it comfortable to boot in my dainty ears :wink:  but it had a nice sound to it despite the somewhat bloated bass.  On a budget, I think its a real winner of a set and my bud of choice currently for the on the go needs.

Jul 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #3,557 of 16,931
@Inks
Thanks, I had to think for a bit as to why I asked, beside it being a logical question: I'm trying to find my gf an upgrade to the nuforce ne-6m that she loves and i think the DDM would have fit issues for her. She likes my GR07's but would prefer a slightly more rumble in the bass. After you described them, I kind of want them now haha. You have any hunches about them dropping in price internationally any time soon?

Jul 17, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #3,558 of 16,931

Quote:
I'm not a huge fan of the DT770/250 to be honest and I've never heard the D4 but depending on your balance preferences I'd look at the Fischer DBA-02, HiFiMan RE252, VSonic GR07, and Sony EX600. If you don't need isolation the Yuin OK1 may be worth a look as well.

Hi Joker,
  Thank you for the recommendations!

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #3,559 of 16,931

Quote:
So the Yuin OK1 is still a contender for the highest transparency and nakedness in an IEM?

I think so

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #3,562 of 16,931

Quote:

P.S. music_4321 seems to think the Sony MDR-7550 has the most accurate midrange of the new Sony trio, I realise it's above the budget of user musedesign, just putting it out there.

Quote:

Quote:

P.S. music_4321 seems to think the Sony MDR-7550 has the most accurate midrange of the new Sony trio, I realise it's above the budget of user musedesign, just putting it out there.

Did he say accurate?  I thought it was best and preferred qualifying that he liked it a bit forward?

Quote:
He wrote:

"The 7550s are possibly the most truly neutral IEMs I've heard, more so than the W4s & EX1000s, or at least they have a more convincing, realistic neutrality."
"-- Mids -- FANTASTIC! - I frankly did not expect them to be just this good. Just the right balance and proper real presence, not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed - just bloody PERFECT!!"

Sonove:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsonove.angry.jp%2Fsony_MDR_EX800ST.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
"-- Mids -- FANTASTIC! - I frankly did not expect them to be just this good. Just the right balance and proper real presence, not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed - just bloody PERFEFECT!!

See bolded.  =)

There was another post where I said: "Either the mids may be ever so slightly recessed on the EX1000s or the 7550s mid-range (except upper mids) is ever so slightly forward". All my comments quoted above came from my impressions without doing a direct comparison between the EX1000 & 7550 (a couple of times I did say "from memory" as my EX1000s were away for nearly 3 weeks).

What I meant then was that I found the mids to be even more neutral than the EX1000's mids. When I said "not (overly) forward and/or thick, nor slightly recessed" I meant they're the most neutral/flat/accurate mids I've heard - I do NOT think they're forward. "Overly" is in brackets because since the 7550s are meant for stage use, I thought they might turn out to have more forward mids a la ES3X, but they actually didn't.

Today I got my EX1000s back and confirmed my comments re the 7550's mids, but found the EX1000's mids (which I already liked A LOT) to be even closer to the 7550's than I first thought, but the latter still had the edge by a VERY small margin in the mid-range.

Having said that, the EX1000 is the best IEM I've heard to date - the 7550 is a close second.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #3,563 of 16,931
The EX800s mids would be more forward as it has less treble and bass response. Too bad the 7550s lack the dynamic range of the EX1000s fwir. 

Jul 18, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #3,564 of 16,931

Quote:
The EX800s mids would be more forward as it has less treble and bass response. 

Not so sure I agree with that.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #3,565 of 16,931

Quote:
what exactrly you mean by transparency and nakedness ?

The ability of the earphone itself to 'disappear', so to speak, and provide as realistic a listening experience as possible. It hinges on clarity, detail, resolution, texture, etc. 'Veiled' sound would be the exact opposite. 

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #3,567 of 16,931
Been thinking about upgrading my Eterna v1 and have pretty much decided on RE262 or VSonic GR07. From sound signature perspective I can't really say which one I'd like more so it comes down to comfort. One of the biggest gripes with the Eternas for me is that they are too bulky to sleep with. Is either of those small enough/have the shape so that they don't become uncomfortable when having the ear against the pillow? Other suggestions are welcome too.

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #3,568 of 16,931
The thing about the 262 is that are power hunger. joker states that 262 drains j3 battery in 8 hours!
eek.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #3,569 of 16,931

Quote:
thanks
and wow, that seems a great thing.
so than means they're "lively" as well?

"lively" is often used to refer to a v-shaped response curve these days and the OK1 really doesn't have that.

Quote:
Been thinking about upgrading my Eterna v1 and have pretty much decided on RE262 or VSonic GR07. From sound signature perspective I can't really say which one I'd like more so it comes down to comfort. One of the biggest gripes with the Eternas for me is that they are too bulky to sleep with. Is either of those small enough/have the shape so that they don't become uncomfortable when having the ear against the pillow? Other suggestions are welcome too.

I can lie down in the GR07 just fine - it's definitely slimmer than the Eterna and the swivel nozzle helps. The RE262 - not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back