Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Jun 28, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #331 of 16,931

Quote:
Earphones that end in a 'Z' should be banished to Siberia.

Try them... I don't think the main concern with IEMs is their name :p

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #332 of 16,931
Quote:
ahh been waiting to read this for some time

Well, I hope delivered. I really think the Classicals are pretty unique at the price point. For me they are what the Head-Direct RE2 should have been. But that treble might be too intense for some. The Jazz are more mainstream in sound and probably more likable for the average Joe (not the average_joe).

Quote:
What an amazing job you are doing with this thread joker. Really, thanks alot!

Btw, do you plan on reviewing any of the IEMs from Playaz/XEars? I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on them. IMO they are amazing IEMs for their price and i don't think they get the love they deserve here in head-fi :)

There's one on the horizon (tentatively) but no promises on timing. As you can see, my backlog is growing faster than the review at this point.

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #334 of 16,931
Quote:

did you ever hear the other ones?  (Pop, Rock and Full Range)

Nope - I only got the Jazz and Classicals based on your recommendations. To be honest, getting them over here is a huge pain. The shipping for the Classicals cost me 80% as much as the earphones themselves, plus Fedex International refused to leave the package without a signature, meaning I had to go pick it up after hours. 

Certainly this has something to do with their (lack of) popularity - Head-Fi is a global community but only European head-fiers (and even then, not all) have easy access to the 'Paqs. 

Jun 29, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #336 of 16,931
Can't wait to read what you think about the Eterna as well. I ordered a pair back on the 18th of the v1's from the authorized ebay seller and I'm still waiting on them
frown.gif
Really, really hope they show up by Friday since I have 5hrs of bus rides to take and no iem's right now due to my Coppers being shipped out for the dead left ear piece. Come on Eterna's! Show up already!

Jun 29, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #337 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:

did you ever hear the other ones?  (Pop, Rock and Full Range)

Nope - I only got the Jazz and Classicals based on your recommendations. To be honest, getting them over here is a huge pain. The shipping for the Classicals cost me 80% as much as the earphones themselves, plus Fedex International refused to leave the package without a signature, meaning I had to go pick it up after hours. 

Certainly this has something to do with their (lack of) popularity - Head-Fi is a global community but only European head-fiers (and even then, not all) have easy access to the 'Paqs. 

yeah your not loosing out really not hearing the others

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #338 of 16,931
Quote:
Great new updates, waiting for your thoughts on Eterna. Are you reviewing the original or rev2?

I am reviewing the rev2 specifically but I have both revisions for comparison purposes. So far I think the differences between them have been somewhat exaggerated.

Also, I was just browsing Fischer's site to find that they are releasing a higher-end IEM (the Genesis) with a signature that is 'the logical extension of the Eterna's' later in the year. 

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #339 of 16,931
The Genesis looks good. Like the Phonak shape but with some metal and more rounded. They may be my first Fischer phones when it comes along.

Jun 29, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #340 of 16,931
I'm going to guess thats a dynamic driver phone? I'm hoping in not buying any more phones after the DBA 02 but if something interesting comes up :)

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #341 of 16,931
Quote:
I'm going to guess thats a dynamic driver phone? I'm hoping in not buying any more phones after the DBA 02 but if something interesting comes up :)

Yep, from what I can gather it's dynamic. Personally I'm more interested in the new Falcon model. Looks a bit like a Klipsch S2 but it's marketed as having 'heavy-duty construction'.

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #342 of 16,931

Quote:
Quote:

Yep, from what I can gather it's dynamic. Personally I'm more interested in the new Falcon model. Looks a bit like a Klipsch S2 but it's marketed as having 'heavy-duty construction'.

Looks hot.  Forget about over the ears though.  Didn't Klipsch have issues w/ that kind of stress relief cracking?

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #343 of 16,931

Quote:
Looks hot.  Forget about over the ears though.  Didn't Klipsch have issues w/ that kind of stress relief cracking?

I managed to wear the Klipsch S2 over-the-ear, just not during physical activity. The strain relief on those was pretty hard so I wouldn't have been surprised if it cracked after a while, but I am intrigued by what FA means by 'heavy duty construction'. They specifically refer to a special-weave cable sheath and heavy-duty 3.5mm plug. 

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #344 of 16,931
I think that was an issue with the X10 or X5 kind of design where the housing is really too small

Jun 30, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #345 of 16,931

Quote:

I managed to wear the Klipsch S2 over-the-ear, just not during physical activity. The strain relief on those was pretty hard so I wouldn't have been surprised if it cracked after a while, but I am intrigued by what FA means by 'heavy duty construction'. They specifically refer to a special-weave cable sheath and heavy-duty 3.5mm plug. 

The sheath appears to be a carbon/kevlar weave.  Any chance you might get some Zagg buds to review?  I found out that they use Invisible shield on their cables which would default them to the most durable cables on the market bar none.  Not considering stress reliefs, etc. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back