Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Feb 12, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #15,541 of 16,931
What about simply durable? i really just listen to podcasts. I would like a right angle plug too. Thanks. Headfiers are amazingly helpful as always.

Just durable? You can try the S0, nice cable, metal body too.

Feb 12, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #15,542 of 16,931
I have a question, @ljokerl , What are the best universals, in the best soundstage, the largest soundstage, to have bass, best details, and best treble extension?.. Simple, i want just the best that can be universals, considering these factors.

What about simply durable? i really just listen to podcasts. I would like a right angle plug too. Thanks. Headfiers are amazingly helpful as always.

how do you think that you wear them mostly? 
Like @suman134 said, s0 are very sturdy, also SS are sturdy... 
Sennheiser ocx685i are more durable.. sennheiser cx3.00 are pretty hard to break... pioneer se e721 should be good too...

i use mye ie8 for working out... they are durable, but cost aroun 300$...

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #15,545 of 16,931
  I have a question, @ljokerl , What are the best universals, in the best soundstage, the largest soundstage, to have bass, best details, and best treble extension?.. Simple, i want just the best that can be universals, considering these factors.

skerry , i am starting to believe you are simply trolling us , asking the same questions again and again and again 2 months now
tongue.gif

just buy one TOTL iem , and if you don't like it sell it , buy another one - repeat the procedure

there is no such thing as 'the best' - there is only 'the one you like more' and this you will find out by buying/trying out iems

start buying pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Feb 12, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #15,546 of 16,931

skerry , i am starting to believe you are simply trolling us , asking the same questions again and again and again 2 months now
tongue.gif

just buy one TOTL iem , and if you don't like it sell it , buy another one - repeat the procedure

there is no such thing as 'the best' - there is only 'the one you like more' and this you will find out by buying/trying out iems

I agree...

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #15,547 of 16,931

tongue.gif

Kind of like wash, rinse, repeat.....

Feb 12, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #15,548 of 16,931
well... i asked a different question every single time... but oh well... i was searching for a different signature every single time i was asking for help... because i am still discovering what type of signature i like.. 

why would you answer not nice to a person that asks a question more than one time?

most people feel the need for assurance in what they do.. i just like to read and hear people's thoughts... i am going to buy, if i keep my mind like this, probably all the universal flagships, ultrasone iq, ie800 and k3003, i am wondering if there is an universal version of a custom, or something that i cannot fiind in romania that is better than these ones

sorry for being so persistent, and i apologize for being anoying and asking the same things over and over again... 

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #15,549 of 16,931
  well... i asked a different question every single time... but oh well... i was searching for a different signature every single time i was asking for help... because i am still discovering what type of signature i like.. 

why would you answer not nice to a person that asks a question more than one time?

most people feel the need for assurance in what they do.. i just like to read and hear people's thoughts... i am going to buy, if i keep my mind like this, probably all the universal flagships, ultrasone iq, ie800 and k3003, i am wondering if there is an universal version of a custom, or something that i cannot fiind in romania that is better than these ones

sorry for being so persistent, and i apologize for being anoying and asking the same things over and over again... 

Just get the JVC-FX850 and save the rest of your money for college or something. Jumping on these giants is not always good.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #15,552 of 16,931
A seller I know claimed the Ex1000 and fx850 have the same signature, the ex1k has better soundfield while the fx850 is more fun

I own the JVC and heard a friends ex1000. The JVC ha so much more low end impact. Soundstage is indeed a bit bigger on the sony. Sound signature wise I am not so sure of calling them the same. The JVC is definitively fun and refined but I might give the Sony the detail advantage but sonic memory over a few weeks is not really reliable....after hearing the Sony I am not tempted to replace the JVC with them. Hope that helps.

Feb 13, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #15,553 of 16,931
  Any plans to test the FX850?

Not at this time.

How about the Shure 846?

Have it, hate the size. Hurts my ears after 30 mins or so. Don't think I can be fair evaluating the sound of it for that reason so I haven't used it much.

Philips O'Neill Tread 
wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestion but it is over my budget unfortunately. I''ll just wait and see what Joker thinks will be a cheaper togo 334 alternative with around the same performance.

Hmm... maybe EarSonics SM3 or even SM2? Although the TG334 does not sound like what you were asking for previously - it doesn't exactly have treble sparkle - the opposite, actually. 

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #15,554 of 16,931
Help for Skerry:
I just received my FX850's this morning. Only played them a little while but highly recommend them if you love big sounds, with deep and luscious timbre on string and wind instruments. Seem to envelop you in warm tones.
There seems enough detail too on the mids and highs...and the soundstage and separation is plenty good enough for me. The closest i've heard to a headphone in an IEM. At the moment I haven't noticed any difference in size of soundstage between these and the Havi's. In fact the 850s for me sound bigger just because they seem to envelop you more. They're very male v more female sounding Havi's. Yes they're coloured. But hey so what if you enjoy them. Just a bit of b/g hiss using my C5/X3 pairing which is mildly irritating. So far so good at least. Good value but not heard the ie8, 800's and all the big boys etc to compare.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #15,555 of 16,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back