Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jul 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #3,256 of 4,841
Pity the price is $99 more than you anticipated, Joe (and soon $259 more than you anticipated). I guess that may be Stage93 taking their cut?

Not saying it's not worth it, just that it looked potentially tempting at $500 (although I would be wary of a CIEM with a soundstage smaller than that of the SE-5, whose soundstage I already consider to be rather small).

Just to clarify, the prices are in Singapore dollars (SGD), and not USD!

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #3,257 of 4,841
Quote:

Ahh, thankyou for the clarification!

xe.com currently converts $599 SGD as  $474 USD  (and $759 SGD = $600 USD), so that makes the DC4 more affordable, after all.

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #3,258 of 4,841
Quote:
It is said that he never leaves the house. He tried once, and then tried to decided which dap amp ciem combo to take with him. After 5 hours he decided to stay home forever.

Actually, how the story goes is: long ago, on a long holiday weekend, I left the house carrying a backpack full of gear with the sole intent of testing isolation, usability, and sound quality "on the go."  After 3 days of flights, trains, and busses, the family finally found me, and with the help of the PA system at max volume and the vent in the i9pro, they got my attention.  Now, I am not allowed to leave the house with my gear, so I just never leave!

Quote:

Yes, the S in front of the $ was to indicate Singapore dollars, however I should have been clearer.  Thank you for the clarification.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #3,260 of 4,841
Jul 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #3,263 of 4,841
I have yet to find a TWFK based in ear including the K3003 hybrid to be to my liking.
The timbre in the mids and highs are not there. No sense of proper note weight which leads to a bit cold and unnatural sound IMO.
Dynamics with thin mids like FXD80 I do not have a problem with as the timbre is still there with instruments.

I'm thinking about JH13Pro or Hidition NT 6 as I really value soundstage, clarity and imaging, but I'm afraid I'm going to get an upgraded TWFK.
Anyone who can set me straight here?

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #3,264 of 4,841
Quote:
I have yet to find a TWFK based in ear including the K3003 hybrid to be to my liking.
The timbre in the mids and highs are not there. No sense of proper note weight which leads to a bit cold and unnatural sound IMO.
Dynamics with thin mids like FXD80 I do not have a problem with as the timbre is still there with instruments.

I'm thinking about JH13Pro or Hidition NT 6 as I really value soundstage, clarity and imaging, but I'm afraid I'm going to get an upgraded TWFK.

Are you asking if the JH13Pro &/or the NT6 utilise TWFKs?

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #3,266 of 4,841
Quote:
AM6 - nice ciems, I'm sure you will not be dissapointed. I have listened the demo-versions of  the every AA's ciems.

Thanks for sharing.  Since you have listened to the entire lineup, did you hear the AM4 the same way I hear mine?  If so, how would you describe the differences of the AM4 and AM6?

Quote:

What ports are you using on the K3003?  Have you read my review of the K3003, which has comparisons?

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #3,267 of 4,841
Quote:

Thanks for sharing.  Since you have listened to the entire lineup, did you hear the AM4 the same way I hear mine?  If so, how would you describe the differences of the AM4 and AM6?

What ports are you using on the K3003?  Have you read my review of the K3003, which has comparisons?

I'm sorry, but I mixed up model "AM4" and "AM6." All what I said earlier about the "AM6" was about the "AM4", the sixth model has a dark sound with a bloated midbass, insufficient mids, with sibilance, I do not like these headphones!

The second model that I liked was the "AM3", it is perfectly reproduces vocals and best suits my taste preferences.

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #3,268 of 4,841
Quote:

Reference. Personally I'm a bit confused after reading yours and Jokers review. They did perhaps not suck but to me the sounded like a Rocket R-50 with a dynamic driver on the bottom. I experienced a coherency issue but my main problem was the typical TWFK sound. I honestly think they should be priced around $300.
Basically I'm looking for a IE800 in custom form. That natural timbre and just effortless mids blew me away in combination of a deep bass boost that didn't effect the midbass.
I would like a larger soundstage and a bit more refinement though.

I'm afraid my ears might be too small for the SE 5-way

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #3,269 of 4,841
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I mixed up model "AM4" and "AM6." All what I said earlier about the "AM6" was about the "AM4", the sixth model has a dark sound with a bloated midbass, insufficient mids, with sibilance, I do not like these headphones!

The second model that I liked was the "AM3", it is perfectly reproduces vocals and best suits my taste preferences.

Pardon me for asking, but what source were you using to listen to the AM6?

Your description sounds to me as though the output stage of your source may have been struggling to control them sufficiently (my UM Miracles sounded awful from a Cowon J3 but fantastic from a DX100, and I mean massively different).

Jul 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #3,270 of 4,841
Quote:

Pardon me for asking, but what source were you using to listen to the AM6?

Your description sounds to me as though the output stage of your source may have been struggling to control them sufficiently (my UM Miracles sounded awful from a Cowon J3 but fantastic from a DX100, and I mean massively different).

It was AK100 with mod and iPhone 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back