Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jun 14, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #2,971 of 4,841
Got my UERMs back from refit today. While it is much more comfortable now, I am having some channel imbalance and seal issue with my left side. The center image is shifted to the right :frowning2:. Looks like I'll probably have to send it back from another refit.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #2,972 of 4,841
Quote:
I can take the SE5 out quite fast, but it still takes quite more time than 1plus2, Kaede, SD3 or Miracles. So when at work and constantly interrupted by whiny inferiors, it is better not to use them, unless as a show of scorn towards aforementioned inferiors.

Now, I'm not one to judge, but you might want to be careful calling them "inferiors". Human resources will be all over that *****. I would go with subordinates as an alternative. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #2,973 of 4,841
Just call them "the help" and they'll assume you're talking about your maid and are detached from reality. Maybe then they'll even stop wasting your precious time (had to throw a jab in there somewhere :p).

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #2,975 of 4,841
Quote:
Got my UERMs back from refit today. While it is much more comfortable now, I am having some channel imbalance and seal issue with my left side. The center image is shifted to the right :frowning2:. Looks like I'll probably have to send it back from another refit.

Sorry to hear that, you definitely don't want to leave it with a channel imbalance.  Have you tried using lubrication?  Sometimes just building up a layer on the shell and making it easier to insert can fix the issue, but you do want it right for the long term.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #2,978 of 4,841
Quote:
I just got my NT6PRO. Everything is great, except for some vocal spikes.
Hmmm, maybe because of my AK100.

Congrats! Also if your AK100 is not modded yet, it might be the cause of some peaks, as NT6 Pro probably has a drastic impedance curve characteristics, considering how NT6's is. Maybe it's the time to go RWAK100!

Just kidding. Maybe you should try them with low-impedance sources.

Quote:
Wow, looking forward to read more of your impressions. If I won't be able to get 5 way ref, I might be looking for them despite they are based on the other side of the world.

They are based on just about 20min away from my home, and I'd say they are worth it.

And here I am sitting, considering SE 5-Way. Haha.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #2,980 of 4,841
Quote:

Spoken like a true Head-fier! 
L3000.gif
     LOL!   
beerchug.gif

Well it is true that it will (most likely) sound better if it came from the other side of the earth!

Jokes aside, I find NT6's sub-bass to be somewhat, let's say, hollow? even though the quantity was enough. Maybe this is why people still prefer dynamic drivers, or even go hybrids like UM Merlin, which I also happened to currently have in possession. Still It's fantastic-er than other balanced armature ones.

Even though I love my pair of Merlin (which have made me somewhat of sub-bass-head), NT6 is like a good ol' friend that I have to see once in a while. While Merlin does some jobs better than NT6, NT6 always pulls out top notch sound when Merlin sometimes doesn't. This duo, I'll have to keep for next decades. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #2,981 of 4,841
Quote:
They are based on just about 20min away from my home, and I'd say they are worth it.

And here I am sitting, considering SE 5-Way. Haha.

LOL, you made my day mate 
biggrin.gif
 I have a feeling I will eventually get both of them (5 way and NT6 -probably pro-) but as my student wallet cries, I have to decide which one to achieve first. If 5 way is not possible for me, first thing I will do will be contacting Hidition.

My problem with distance is not in bad way but with ciems sometimes you need to send it back a few times for fixing, refits etc. That's why it can cause some trouble. Otherwise I am cool with it. I actually just learned we have a deal with Korea and Europeans shouldn't pay any extra custom tax on Korean products like Hidition ciems (from NT6 Pro thread). That made me even more closer to Hidition.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #2,982 of 4,841
Quote:

Sorry to hear that, you definitely don't want to leave it with a channel imbalance.  Have you tried using lubrication?  Sometimes just building up a layer on the shell and making it easier to insert can fix the issue, but you do want it right for the long term.

Yep, going to be wearing them on and off this weekend while I wait for a response from UE on Monday. For now, -1% balance on my rockboxed fuze will have to do. Joe, you need to get a UHA-6S mk II for review sometime! Works wonders with the UERM imo, but I don't have any experience with the higher end portable amps and daps. 

General question: when you lie down with CIEMs, do you guys find that you have less bass or more bass? I seem to lose a good amount of bass while lying down.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,983 of 4,841
Quote:
LOL, you made my day mate 
biggrin.gif
 I have a feeling I will eventually get both of them (5 way and NT6 -probably pro-) but as my student wallet cries, I have to decide which one to achieve first. If 5 way is not possible for me, first thing I will do will be contacting Hidition.

My problem with distance is not in bad way but with ciems sometimes you need to send it back a few times for fixing, refits etc. That's why it can cause some trouble. Otherwise I am cool with it. I actually just learned we have a deal with Korea and Europeans shouldn't pay any extra custom tax on Korean products like Hidition ciems (from NT6 Pro thread). That made me even more closer to Hidition.

Yeah, although I don't really know a thing about EU-KR FTA, US-KR FTA allows people to not pay tariffs when the product is objectively made in the country. However that's not the case of VAT, and you'll most likely have to pay that, which is probably 10% or something. However I might be talking out of my bottom, so check it out yourself. Maybe Hidition will undervalue it if you ask them.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #2,984 of 4,841
Quote:

Yeah, although I don't really know a thing about EU-KR FTA, US-KR FTA allows people to not pay tariffs when the product is objectively made in the country. However that's not the case of VAT, and you'll most likely have to pay that, which is probably 10% or something. However I might be talking out of my bottom, so check it out yourself. Maybe Hidition will undervalue it if you ask them.

If I decide to go for Hidition I will search as much as possible about all these custom tax things, VAT and everything else. Also the little tiny hint you gave in a very secure way was awesome 
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,985 of 4,841
Quote:
If I decide to go for Hidition I will search as much as possible about all these custom tax things, VAT and everything else. Also the little tiny hint you gave in a very secure way was awesome 
wink.gif

Shhh. You don't want me to get caught. Right, mate?

Anyway, this tax thingy is literally a pain in the arse since I got to those high-end headphone tier. It is getting harder to keep my budget tight, and their high price doesn't help it either.
Still, this time I think I'll go for full-sized cans (LCD-2 that is), and I'll see for SE 5-way or UM Miracle when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back