Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Dec 16, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #4,771 of 4,841
Excellent review as usual, they could be interesting compared to the Music Two

Thank you mon ami. 
beerchug.gif
  Yeah I wish I could make this comparison. That would be interesting.. 

Dec 21, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #4,772 of 4,841
This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. I know you can get custom sleeves for universal IEMs, but is it also possible to have them made for acrylic CIEMs? For example, if you wanted to improve the seal without a reshell. I'm not thinking of Comply Soft Wraps.

Dec 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #4,773 of 4,841
  This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. I know you can get custom sleeves for universal IEMs, but is it also possible to have them made for acrylic CIEMs? For example, if you wanted to improve the seal without a reshell. I'm not thinking of Comply Soft Wraps.

You'd probably have problems keeping them on, due to not having a narrower stem to slip them snugly onto. It would almost have to fit like a second skin, so I doubt you could do it.  You'd be better off using Fotoplast and an ultraviolet light if you need a minor adjustment without sending in for a refit.

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #4,774 of 4,841
Can anyone recommend me some custom iem's? I like good bass, forward and airy vocals,a large soundstage, good imaging, clarity and instrument separation. This will be my first pair of customs. Examples of universals I like most are the CKR9, IM02, FAD Heaven VI and CK100. Budget will be 600-800 USD. Currently I'm looking at the UM Mage, Rooth Ls4, JH 5 and UE 5 Pro. Are these suitable for me or anything else that you think will suit me even better? 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #4,775 of 4,841
  Can anyone recommend me some custom iem's? I like good bass, forward and airy vocals,a large soundstage, good imaging, clarity and instrument separation. This will be my first pair of customs. Examples of universals I like most are the CKR9, IM02, FAD Heaven VI and CK100. Budget will be 600-800 USD. Currently I'm looking at the UM Mage, Rooth Ls4, JH 5 and UE 5 Pro. Are these suitable for me or anything else that you think will suit me even better? 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

You wrote that the CK100 is one of the universals you like. Are you looking for that type of bass in your CIEM or more? The reason I ask is I owned the CK100 and found it light on bass. Or are you looking for something more similar to the IM02 in the bass region?

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #4,776 of 4,841

You wrote that the CK100 is one of the universals you like. Are you looking for that type of bass in your CIEM or more? The reason I ask is I owned the CK100 and found it light on bass. Or are you looking for something more similar to the IM02 in the bass region?

I like it for the vocals and imaging the most. Because it sounds 3d and you can pin point where the vocalist and instruments are. But what i'm looking is more like the CKR9 and Heaven VI bass.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #4,778 of 4,841
They're similar but to me the em32 is better in terms of space recreation and extension. Nevertheless the Velvet have nicer trebles because they're not made to reveal recordings are well or not, as the em32. Imaging, lush mids and impact are almost the same yes and they're similar but to me the em32 is more engaging and give me more pleasure almost every time :wink:

Hum and the velvet can't have the same signature as the em32, I tried and I failed ^^

Are you saying that the Velvet have lush mids?
Just asking...because I know they have a V/U shape sig. and my only restraint to buy them for the moment is related to the recessed mids due to this signature.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #4,779 of 4,841
Are you saying that the Velvet have lush mids?
Just asking...because I know they have a V/U shape sig. and my only restraint to buy them for the moment is related to the recessed mids due to this signature.

They are recessed a bit yeah but it is not like you can't hear mids. Also mid tonality is on the lush side if I recall correctly. Just be sure that you want a bone shaking bass cuz they have it.

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #4,780 of 4,841
They are recessed a bit yeah but it is not like you can't hear mids. Also mid tonality is on the lush side if I recall correctly. Just be sure that you want a bone shaking bass cuz they have it.

I have nothing againgst a "bone shaking bass" if it is of a high quality and not covering the other frequencies across the entire spectrum.

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #4,782 of 4,841
I have nothing againgst a "bone shaking bass" if it is of a high quality and not covering the other frequencies across the entire spectrum.

Well, with that amount of bass, there will be always bleeding into other frequencies but the question here remains, how much of this bleeding you can accept? I like bass and I found the bleeding "tolerable" but it doesn't mean everyone will think this way.

If your budget extends to SEM9, you might wanna go for it instead of Velvet. I, recently had a chance to demo it, I was quite impressed to be honest. It is like Velvet but with pinpoint twerks here and there. The overall result was incredible, to my ears. There was a wonderful review from a wonderful person, it hit the home page of head-fi, maybe you can check it, if the budget is not a problem for you.

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #4,784 of 4,841
Hello, I have a question about getting some customs reshelled. The company I am using has said that I can either have a “normal” acrylic reshell, or they can fill the acrylic shells with silicone for an extra charge. I asked the company what would be the effect of the silicone filling on the sound and they only responded that it would increase the isolation from outside noise. But I thought it would also affect the sound. Am I correct and what could be the possible effects? I asked the company, but they gave me a very vague response. I would like the extra isolation, but not if it will affect the sound in a negative way. Thank you in advance for any opinions.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #4,785 of 4,841
Considering they can fill the shell with silicone, it means your monitors don't have any dynamic driver, in that case, I would put my vote on "no effect on sound" however I am not a manufacturer and my technical knowledge can be lacking, so don't take my word for truth.

If I were in your shoes though, I would also go for silicone filling, it makes them more durable and isolation improves quite vastly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back