Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Nov 25, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #4,742 of 4,841
@Tupac : still just listening to SE5 ultimate and Ak380? Try the Paw Gold on the SE5 if you can. Sig is different from the AK sound but so good.

I am only listening to SE5 original with AK380. No IEM or CIEM I have heard so far surpasses it for my ears.  

But yeah, I do listen to ult on balanced output. I have heard good things about Paw Gold with its reference/analytical sound. 

Also AK380 is very versatile with its EQ. If one's hearing is sensitive/accurate enough, it can really make some of your favourite CIEMs into your perfect CIEMs. :p

Nov 25, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #4,743 of 4,841
@Malifact, an overpriced dual driver silicone custom impossible to sell?
biggrin.gif

Well, I’ve just spent the last hour reading about the Savant and no offence against anybody who owns it, but I will be spending my money elsewhere.

My preference for a custom is actually filled acrylic, but the only companies that have that option are Earsonics, FitEar and Rhines Customs (I think).

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #4,748 of 4,841
My only try was the Encore but I can't keep it my ears more than 5mn before wanting to switch back to my DUNU2000J.
I tried quite few demo CIEMs but failed to be impressed by any, for example the K10 was just bland to me. The only exception is a model from Acousticwerks, but that was a while ago and I am not even sure which model it was..something with a 5 in it, I think.
The Encore fit is perfect but I would lie if I said they are more comfortable that some iems such as the 846, they are both equally comfortable...as I have perfect ears. 
biggrin.gif

The Oriolus is the only demo that pleasantly surprised me recently but that was very short and at a meet....

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #4,749 of 4,841

The Lime Aether also sound like a an interesting all-rounder.

I can second that. Got the chance to finally audition it last weekend and it's extremely good. I also talked to Emil in depth about its design and it's tuning is really really well made. Resolution of those is great it renders layer after layer and then few layers more.

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #4,751 of 4,841
Yes, I might give CIEM a final go. At the moment I am between gambling all my chips on the Zeus or playing a less risky game with the Perfect Seal AR6. The Lime Aether also sound like a an interesting all-rounder.
my Zeus is done, I'm just waiting for the tracking, gonna be either fedex or DHL. Shouldn't take more than 3 days. You're more than welcomed to try em if you come across the Channel. Mine is custom though, but I got straight canals.
But yeah no way I'm getting em before BF :xf_eek:

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #4,752 of 4,841
Tupac, why original over ultimate?

More neutral and linear sounding. More air and transparency in the treble, making everything smoother (not in terms of warmth) and more liquid. 

And still, it's a SE5 sounding SE5. :)

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #4,753 of 4,841
Does anybody own or has demoed the Lime Ears Aether? What type of sound signature does it have (any other CIEMs or universals it is similar to)? Besides the Headfonia review, there doesn't seem to be a lot of opinions or reviews online.

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #4,754 of 4,841
More neutral and linear sounding. More air and transparency in the treble, making everything smoother (not in terms of warmth) and more liquid. 

And still, it's a SE5 sounding SE5. :)

I thought the ultimate gave more air in upper mid and treble? I had thought from impressions the ultimate would have been the more neutral of the two?

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #4,755 of 4,841
I thought the ultimate gave more air in upper mid and treble? I had thought from impressions the ultimate would have been the more neutral of the two?

Sorry for the confusion. When I say "original" I didn't mean "SE5 ref", there are I believe several different versions/variations of SE5 before the official announcement of ref. 

Sorry to bring up a irrelevant discussion here, because it's not purchasable anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back