Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
May 3, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #3,676 of 4,841
  I´d been reading your Custom In-ear Monitor Buyer’s Guide because I´m looking for a CIEM with good quantity and quality bass extension. Here, your recommendation is Audio Earz aud-5X, and I´d like to know about this CIEM vs 1964 V3/Qi. What do you think is better option? 

Also there many others like Lears LE-3B. What do you think has more detail with strong bass response?

Thanks again for this amazing thread.

If you budget allows, you might want to check V8 from 1964 ears.

May 3, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #3,677 of 4,841
 Thanks for reading.  I haven't heard the V3, so all I can do is speculate, but I can't imagine that it would keep up with the bass of the aud-5X.  I also haven't heard the Lear products other than the LCM-5, so I really can't say which is better from a strong bass + detail perspective.  I am impressed with the 5X for the price point, but it isn't perfect.  

Thanks for your answer! Seems like aid-5X is an amazing option. I love your review about it, so I think I could be what I´m looking.

I haven´t read any review about them, but I´ll do. Price is over my budget, but if they are a serious improvement I can try to get them.
THanks!

May 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #3,678 of 4,841

I haven´t read any review about them, but I´ll do. Price is over my budget, but if they are a serious improvement I can try to get them.
THanks!

Not to take away from 1964, but I recommend what I have heard since I know how they sound!  At $800, the options for you increase quite a bit.  For example, the aud-8X, while more balanced, has an amazing level of detail, the much more expensive NT-6 pro has significant deep bass and top-level detail, and the Heir (and Noble) 8-drivers has plenty of bass with a good level of detail. Going back to the $800 price range, there are options such as the Rooth LSX5 and UM Merlin, which use dynamic drivers for plenty of bass with 4 BA drivers that deliver the details.  

IMO, it goes back to what sound signature you are looking for within what price point.  Getting a CIEM is a commitment, so take your time and weigh all your options.

May 4, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #3,682 of 4,841
  Hi, Joe. Have you reviewed noble k10 or JH Roxanne or any products of Fitear (335dw, in particular).

I have not heard any of those three, and have only heard other select products from each manufacturer, so I really can't comment.  I may be able to hear the Roxanne universal at some point in the future, but am not sure I will hear the K10.

That Perfect-Seal Silver looks interesting. It's got the Westone-esque soft canals; together with the low price, it seems like a nice value.

Yes, I was surprised by the low price and like the smaller form factor, if for no other reason, because it is different.  I do think I get less looks in they gym since it sits further in my ear.

Perfect Seal has a storied past, designing and making branded and non-branded CIEMs throughout the years.  I believe the soft canal is the same as the Westone.

May 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #3,684 of 4,841

I have not heard any of those three, and have only heard other select products from each manufacturer, so I really can't comment.  I may be able to hear the Roxanne universal at some point in the future, but am not sure I will hear the K10.

biggrin.gif

May 5, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #3,686 of 4,841
  Im looking at getting my first pair of CIEMs from the classifieds- UE10Pros, and getting them reshelled.  Any thoughts?

-trev

Not a bad thought, and something old and affordable can give a good price/performance ratio.  However, how much better a UE10 Pro will be vs. one of the newer designs would be a question in my mind, and how good are the drivers/what has the used CIEM been through?  BA drivers (all earphone drivers, to be candid) can have issues due to sweat/moisture over time if not properly stored and cared for.  It could be a cheap enough option though.

Nice!  How do they fit within your collection?  Do they replace anything that was previously a top performer for the sound sig?

May 5, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #3,687 of 4,841

Nice!  How do they fit within your collection?  Do they replace anything that was previously a top performer for the sound sig?

Short answer, no~ But I still need to test K10 on the Anedio D2 to confirm. 

Basically, Roxanne is a typical JHA (non-FP) sounding product, but with larger space, better depth and of course tunable bass. Overall it's less neutral than my JH13 FP.

Noble K10 still have some of the heir audio house warm sound too, but it's a great improvement over the 8.a IMO, with better coherence, more linear and neutral with more controlled/punchy bass (it can still sound a a bit less controlled compared to SE5/NT6 sometimes depending on the songs, again I will need to confirm this).

Overall I prefer the more neutral sound of K10 over Roxanne, just my preference. But IMO I don't think "they replace anything that was previously a top performer for the sound sig". 

May 5, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #3,688 of 4,841
  Short answer, no~ But I still need to test K10 on the Anedio D2 to confirm. 

Basically, Roxanne is a typical JHA (non-FP) sounding product, but with larger space, better depth and of course tunable bass. Overall it's less neutral than my JH13 FP.

Noble K10 still have some of the heir audio house warm sound too, but it's a great improvement over the 8.a IMO, with better coherence, more linear and neutral with more controlled/punchy bass (it can still sound a a bit less controlled compared to SE5/NT6 sometimes depending on the songs, again I will need to confirm this).

Overall I prefer the more neutral sound of K10 over Roxanne, just my preference. But IMO I don't think "they replace anything that was previously a top performer for the sound sig". 

SE5way is still the king then? Good
biggrin.gif
We will need your Harmony 8 comparison too though.

May 5, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #3,689 of 4,841

SE5way is still the king then? Good
biggrin.gif
We will need your Harmony 8 comparison too though.

That's where my hope is at right now :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back