Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Jan 19, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #4,516 of 4,841

Why do you find that strange? EU tax is not applicable to buyers outside of the EU.

Non-EU buyers are likely to be taxed at the applicable rate to their own country, when the CIEMs cross the border into their country.

It is the percentage mate, the discount is a lot less than what it should be.

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #4,517 of 4,841
  Fair enough. Obviously, it is still a 5-way, but I was anticipating that the price increase might be indicative of some doubling of some (not all) of the drivers (maybe the tweeters, for example)

Well last time I spoke with Grzegorz (2009?) he was big oponent of dual drivers, so I guess it won't happen

Jan 19, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #4,518 of 4,841

I am still working out the details, and will make an announcement when the time is right.  Also, your interest is noted!

Ah, so the price has now been posted (and discussion ensued).

I'm interested in tour too (if possible)
biggrin.gif

Are you getting 5way Ultimate? I'm very interested in them although due to their price I will wait until some legitmate impressions are posted.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #4,520 of 4,841
  Be the ultimate, with the SE5-Way Ultimate and the AK240... ultimate.

Yes, exactly the same thought crossed my mind, but I decided not to mention the very coincidental choice of word
biggrin.gif

It's not that A&K 'own' the word - it's more that they've tarnished it with Freudian overtones for the rest of the industry, so whenever I see another manufacturer use it, it now makes me cringe.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #4,521 of 4,841

Yes, exactly the same thought crossed my mind, but I decided not to mention the very coincidental choice of word
biggrin.gif

It's not that A&K 'own' the word - it's more that they've tarnished it with Freudian overtones for the rest of the industry, so whenever I see another manufacturer use it, it now makes me cringe.

Same here, thanks to the AK I also hate that word.

Hey what up my ultimate is more ultimate than yours
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #4,522 of 4,841
  Well last time I spoke with Grzegorz (2009?) he was big oponent of dual drivers, so I guess it won't happen

Actually, now that you mention it, I recall him telling me very much the same thing, but I'd forgotten he'd discussed it with me (it was a few years ago for me, too).

So I guess we're all now wondering what difference there is between SE5 and SE5U, to justify the > € 300 price difference:

SE5   = € 1369 / € 1219
SE5U = € 1699 / € 1599

So come on Grzegorz, we all know you're watching this thread - spill the beans & let us all know what makes the SE5U more 'ultimate' than the 'reference' SE5!
biggrin.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #4,523 of 4,841
  Same here, thanks to the AK I also hate that word.

Hey what up my ultimate is more ultimate than yours
beerchug.gif

Yeah, I've often wondered how it is possible for A&K to have more than one member of staff on their exhibition booth. I mean, how can it be possible for more than one AK240 owner to 'Be The Ultimate'..?

When two AK240 owners meet, doesn't the paradox cause a destabilisation of the space-time continuum and spontaneously create a black hole, or parallel universe, or something?
rolleyes.gif

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #4,525 of 4,841

It is the percentage mate, the discount is a lot less than what it should be.

Why I hoped he was expanding his distribution to more countries like the US. It apparently wasn't as cost or time effective before. Perhaps this charge makes it so. He's certainly justified to charge what he deems appropriate for his efforts.

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #4,526 of 4,841
Yeah but now we also have EarWerkz Penta - 5way 5 bore

Sometimes I wonder ...I should probably make 25 driver 12 bore, 12 way. cause you know adding one at the time ...it's just not enough anymore

LOL!

Jan 19, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #4,527 of 4,841
  Yeah but now we also have EarWerkz Penta - 5way 5 bore

Sometimes I wonder ...I should probably make 25 driver 12 bore, 12 way. cause you know adding one at the time ...it's just not enough anymore

LOL!

Why manufacturers tend to make ciem designs usually less than 4 or 3. 5 bores is very rare only SE5way and Penta have it as far as I know.

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #4,530 of 4,841
Curious about this new model and wonder if the signature will change.
As far as VAT is concerned, when I ordered last September I ended up paying VAT twice. This double pricing is a step in the right direction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back