Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for review links & information)
Apr 28, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #2,731 of 4,841
Quote:

Ah, no, you slightly misinterpreted what I said - I didn't mean silicone itself is more prone to sweat damage; I mean silicone CIEMs are (in my experience with the SE-5, at least) more prone to give rise to sweating in the ear, and, by virtue of the increased sweating in the ear, thus more liable to lead to potential sweat problems in the CIEM tubing or BAs.

I experience significantly more sweating when wearing SE-5 than when wearing acrylic CIEMs (UM Miracle, FS MG6 Pro etc.)

Ah, yes, my misunderstanding.  From what I understood, the inner ear does not sweat.  Interesting and thanks for the info, you learn something new every day!  I will have to try for myself at some point.

Quote:
Thanks for all wise thoughts!

Botox treatment of my ear channels it is then :wink:

http://www.botoxseveresweating.com/

It appears so!

Quote:
Joe, this has probably been asked before but, what are your favorite CIEMs? Do you have one that you use most of the time, or are there a few that you like to use?

I listen to what I am reviewing.  Do I have some preferences for when I don't have something to review?  It has been so long, but I want one of the highest performers in my collection.  None have the same sound signature, so that is good, and grabbing any one particular top-tier CIEM will bring great results.

May 4, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #2,733 of 4,841
Quote:
So, I've been gone for a few months now.. Did anyone manage to listen to some Stage 93s yet?

Welcome back!  There are no reviews on head-fi of any Stage 93 products that I know of.  I hope to get an opportunity at some point and am curious myself.

May 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #2,735 of 4,841
Quote:
Well what are you waiting for ! Do your kids really need new shoes !?

It's not the shoes, its the biting off more than I can chew...

May 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #2,737 of 4,841
Quote:
Sure I understand, I was kidding
smily_headphones1.gif
I only have 2 customs ans three universals and cannot listen.to them all.

Sorry, I should have put a 
biggrin.gif
 in there as I was kidding also.  Trust me, I want EVERYTHING for review, but I review in the very little free time I have at night.  At this point, for me, it is not about getting something I would enjoy, because when I get a product, I listen to it for review purposes, and when I am done, I store it until the next comparison I need to do.  But, I am fortunate that most CIEMs are very good, musical, and I can enjoy the listening.

beerchug.gif

May 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #2,738 of 4,841
Since this has become sort of the de facto thread for all things CIEM related, I'll add this here in case anyone is interested. We just did a large custom IEM roundup over at InnerFidelity. Here is a link. I see some areas where our opinions differ from Average Joe, but in most cases I'd say we see (or hear!) things very similarly.

By the way, after working on that project, I have that much more respect for Joe and his work on this thread. It's really time consuming, and he's put in a ton of effort. I've done my share of individual CIEM reviews around here but doing it all in one spot with comparisons and everything is even more difficult. So thumbs up to Joe!

May 5, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #2,739 of 4,841
Great reviews guys. Where you differ the most I would think is in the ES5...Joe seemed less enthusiastic.
Since this has become sort of the de facto thread for all things CIEM related, I'll add this here in case anyone is interested. We just did a large custom IEM roundup over at InnerFidelity. Here is a link. I see some areas where our opinions differ from Average Joe, but in most cases I'd say we see (or hear!) things very similarly.

By the way, after working on that project, I have that much more respect for Joe and his work on this thread. It's really time consuming, and he's put in a ton of effort. I've done my share of individual CIEM reviews around here but doing it all in one spot with comparisons and everything is even more difficult. So thumbs up to Joe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back