MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Oct 23, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #286 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by joos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how much better these sounds with good amp and source. I just tried these with 414 pads, but I didn’t like it. 414 pads are lot more comfortable than bowls, but bowls sounds much better.

They sound wonderful with a good amp and source. And I didn't like the 414 pads either. I do love the flats though.

A_Sr.

Oct 24, 2007 at 2:36 PM Post #287 of 512
I'm using mine at the moment with a NAD C542 cdp and Millet Max amp with 12FK6 tubes...
even with bowls this combo is warm enough, very detailed and layered.

I'm one of the lucky few to find bowls comfortable so no worries there.

Burning in the amp I just spent a night listening to album after album after album... until I noticed the birds were singing and the world had already awaken behind my curtains
tongue.gif

Nov 27, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #289 of 512
I am about to find out about MS-2 love. I just ordered a pair today. My wallet thanked me once again.
eek.gif
I was going to order MS-1's! I probably still will.
frown.gif

cheers
Simon

Nov 27, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #291 of 512
For all the ex-MS1 owners and current MS2i owners:

How much improvement did you notice? Are there any other options that will improve on the areas that the MS1 excels in w/o forking out $300? (Goldring DR-150 is one from what I understand).

Jan 10, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #292 of 512
I have finally started getting a few hours on my MS-2's. I have been using them mainly with an SR-71 and an iPod Classic as an on-the-go setup. What a great combination and a great set of headphones. The MS-2's I am finding are great rock cans, but not so flash on classical. This maybe a complete lack of burn-in as I only have 20 or 30 hours on them. I will find out with time I suppose.

I am finding the MS-2's are very lively and dynamic with a good soundstage, very much a toe-tapping sound. The soundstage isn't up to the GS1k's, but then I haven't heard anything else that is. The bowls are very comfortable and despite what I have read elsewhere I do not find them heavy.

Anyway, just a few thoughts in my very non-audiophile terms. Nice cans.

cheers
Simon
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #293 of 512
Just joined the MS-2 club (old style, haven't left Team Out Of Production yet) and I think I need to get me some flats because the highs are a bit excessive. Might need to look at my source though, who knows.

Jan 26, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #294 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by vandread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, i know it seem to be ridiciolus. I already have MS-Pro and quiet pleasant with a sound. But to read so many threads who appraise MS-2/i so much make me wonder n think it is worthed if now i pull a trigger to get MS-2i? ...

Err... your MSPro are better than MS2i in every aspect. If the MS2i are excellent, then your MSPro are super excellent. However, if you insist on getting a pair of MS2i's, maybe we could do a trade. My MS2i for your MSPro
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #296 of 512
I must say, the ms2i is the most transparent headphone I've heard. It's sound changes MUCH MUCH more then the beyers depending on the recording.

With Iron Maiden early recordings, they have mostly midbass, small soundstage, very thin sound in general but very raw guitarr sound and over all very cold sound, still awsome though. But when playing latest Dream Theater, the soundstage is large with very good instrumental separation and 3d imaging, the bass is VERY hard hitting, deep and full, with very detailed but still not fatiguing hights, beautiful and detailed midrange. And this is the MS2i, I can't even begin to wonder how good the HP2 must be
smily_headphones1.gif

Just a random appreciation for the ms2i
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #297 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by phyrefly /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For all the ex-MS1 owners and current MS2i owners:

How much improvement did you notice? Are there any other options that will improve on the areas that the MS1 excels in w/o forking out $300? (Goldring DR-150 is one from what I understand).

Hey, yo... I just got the MS2i. If you can wait a week or so, I can tell you more about the differences between the two. I've had my MS1 for over a year now.

Jan 28, 2008 at 11:47 PM Post #298 of 512
I broke the connector of my sr60s and used that as an excuse to buy me the ms2! Got it last week but finally picked up an 1/4th-1/8th adapter today... I'm pretty happy. I was really digging the presentation case that the high end grado's came with, so I also spent $70 bucks on having a custom wooden box/case (with my name engraved on it) made for it.
As for the sr60 I ended up adding new connectors and did the mono-interconnects mod. Pics when I get the case.

Feb 15, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #300 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dept_of_Alchemy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Selling mine... *sniff sniff*

SEE SIG!

EDIT: SOLD in hours! Stop sending PMs!
smily_headphones1.gif

Best 2 second decision I ever made in my life

Holy Cow These Are Amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back