MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Jun 27, 2005 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 512

bookkeepers_son

Head-Fier
MS-2 fanboys, now is the time! I still love my K340s, but the head-fi collective wisdom is right, they do need recabling unless you're perfectly happy with an "espresso" kind of sound. I do think I've found my headphones, with the MS-2s. I have them hooked up to a recapped Naim Nait2 (through the ASL adapter), using a Naim CDP, and it was heavenly. It reminded me of the best sound I've ever heard in my life, i.e., Quad ESL-57s, the Senn Orpheus, etc. It's in that league. Seriously! (I owned 57s, heard Orpheus at length.) Clarity without brightness, sharpness but no shriekiness, musical message delivered with no editing. Highly involving. I realize that my amp may noy be head-fi typical, but it's still considered a brilliant amp in many circles.
cool.gif

I dare say that the "classic" MS-2 will become a real classic, in the manner of, ahem, the HP-1000, not only does it sound great, it looks better than the MS-2i. (Tried to post pics of the Naim/MS-2 system, but file too big. Next time.)

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 512
I think this thread deserves to witness the pictorial triumverate of evil - they started the second coming of MS-2 FOTM frenzy last year-

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I think this thread deserves to witness the pictorial triumverate of evil - they started the second coming of MS-2 FOTM frenzy last year-

You B*s*e*d now I want them... Rawr

wink.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmmcheese
You B*s*e*d now I want them... Rawr

wink.gif

i warned you that they were evil! and only 200 bucks used at the going rate!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #5 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
i warned you that they were evil! and only 200 bucks used at the going rate!
evil_smiley.gif

Ah, I think I'm immune to these pics! Satisfied with the MS-1s and won't go to the 2i!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #6 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
Ah, I think I'm immune to these pics! Satisfied with the MS-1s and won't go to the 2i!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

The most effective defense against the assault of FOTM is knowing what you really want! And knowing's half the battle! GO GRADO!

Jun 28, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #7 of 512
2 weeks ago i was gonna sell my rs-1 ..now i am deciding what headphone to BUY!! damn you head-fi!
it is etween the ms-2i and 325i. does anyone have pics of the new ms-2i can? thanks
to all newbies...save yourself..it is too late for me

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #8 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
2 weeks ago i was gonna sell my rs-1 ..now i am deciding what headphone to BUY!! damn you head-fi!
it is etween the ms-2i and 325i. does anyone have pics of the new ms-2i can? thanks

i refuse to post those pics! be happy with your RS-1s man, i'm telling you, get a better source before you get more cans! stop the Curse!

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #9 of 512
*Waiting for mjg
tongue.gif

I have yet to hear the MS-2, but I am happy enough with the MS-1. I actually enjoy them more than the Senns, which says a lot because I'm a Senn guy
smily_headphones1.gif
If the MS-2s are actually better, I doubt my feeble mind would be able to handle the aural goodness.
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #10 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911

Is this a good time to tell you, that I had RS-1 for 4 years, used it for probably 5 hours max total, sold it, no regrets, and have used my MS-2 for more than double those hours now since getting them Thursday?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #11 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
*Waiting for mjg
tongue.gif

I have yet to hear the MS-2, but I am happy enough with the MS-1. I actually enjoy them more than the Senns, which says a lot because I'm a Senn guy
smily_headphones1.gif
If the MS-2s are actually better, I doubt my feeble mind would be able to handle the aural goodness.
tongue.gif

I'm waiting for MJG too, because honestly, his recabled MS-2i was so damn good I coulda lived with them for the rest of my life if I never knew about my current cans. And the price is certainly right. Rut ro...

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #12 of 512
Man, do I love my MS-2i's! They are rock awesome, but alas, with one upgrade comes another. What started with a simple portable rig is now morphing into something bigger and is expanding at an exponetial rate beyond my own control!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
I now need(well, want
biggrin.gif
) a new amp to drive my "fatboys" at home.

Sorry 1911, I dont have many pictures to share with you but I do have one comparing the MS-2i's to my newly modified SR-125's. I'll take some more shots for your viewing pleasure tomorrow!

EDIT: I'd also like to hear from MJG, I'm seriously contimplating that Headphile cable you all've been raving about lately! More money, that's all it wants is MONEY!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #13 of 512
Jun 28, 2005 at 5:45 AM Post #15 of 512
Love mine.... the only can I have heard that does overdriven guitars right. Currently watching "the aviator"... with my MS2 amped by my guzzler G-moy.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back