MS-2 (MS-2i) appreciation thread
Sep 18, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #271 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned both the 225 and MS2i and did lengthy A/B comparisons for several days. Using bowl pads for both, the MS2i definately has more bass, actually a little too much in my system (Ack Dac D/A converter, GS-1 amp).

.....heh heh heh, I'm looking at the slightly cooler Glite, so I should be ok.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #272 of 512
I tried placing my bowls on top of the flats on the ms2i. This made the drivers come further from the ears, making a "tube". I can imagine the liberators sounding something like this.

Anyone who has both flats and bowls should try this, as this completely changes how the ms2's sound. The highs are more pronounced, so harsh recordings or sibilant recordings will sound very harsh. But good recordings are very listenable.

The soundstage might be a little bigger, can't really tell, as it changes character. Everything sounds really airy. The vocals are surrounded by air.

The sound signature is a little like a dt990, but without the much larger soundstage.

EDIT: It is not as big of a ground shaker as the taped bowls, more of a try for fun.

EDIT 2: bowls on flats, not bowls on bowls.

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #273 of 512
In the last few weeks I've received almost 30 new blues CD from a fellow Head-Fier. Thanks Rick, for the second batch! This is lots of fun and just as addictive as these MS2i, but to get to the point about pads; I've had these cans welded to my ears much of the last few weeks to the exclusion of much of anything else(yeah; I'm retired and can do that sort of thing!)but these phones with bowls are just as comfy as a warm bed on a cold night. It just takes a bit of break-in time to get there!

So for those who want to go with just straight bowls; take heart, they do get better with time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #274 of 512
Hey, you lucky MS2(i) owners!
I was looking at the MS2i as future (end of the year) complementary cans. At the moment I use a K701 with a Darkvoice 332 so the MS2i would cover the hard rock/thrash metal department better than the K701.
The only problem I have is that when I don't like them I can't really give them back because of Alessandro's strange return policy.
Do you think I could trade them with someone at the FS-forum for a HD650 or do these two headphones have a big difference in value?

Oct 7, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #275 of 512
MS2 is a good counterpart for a K701. A trade against a HD650 might works.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #276 of 512
Ok thanks because I really love my AKGs but I find myself not listening to thrash/death metal anymore because they can't handle that kind of music as good as other music. So I need a counterpart. Do you think that MS2i can handle fast bass drum/guitar riffs?(e.g. Anthrax, Slayer, Exodus, Cannibal Corpse...)

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #277 of 512
Built for that.
tongue.gif
The MS2 is anything but a good allrounder though. That is the job of the MS1.

The MS2 will shine everywhere where your K701s are weakish - and the other way round. Same story as my DT880 and my MS2, every mood & genre should be covered. 75% DT880 and 25% MS2 for me in long terms.

Oct 7, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #278 of 512
I still have to think about it a bit (300$ is a big amount of money for me, I'm a 17 year old student) but I think I'm gonna get them. If I order them I could only hope that I like them because everything else would be ...painful.

Oct 17, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #280 of 512
Okay, i know it seem to be ridiciolus. I already have MS-Pro and quiet pleasant with a sound. But to read so many threads who appraise MS-2/i so much make me wonder n think it is worthed if now i pull a trigger to get MS-2i?

Seriously, in a past day i have MS-1 (love it so much, regret to sell it
frown.gif
) and SR-225 (didn't really like it), so i'm already experience with plastic n wood, but what about aluminium? How's it sound mean to be? perhaps better than MS-Pro in some genre of music?

For info, i'm usually hear jazz, majority accoustic guitar, vocal etc ; sometimes blues, swing, country, classic. and a little hip-hop, rock, metal. (sort in order)

Did i goes to wrong direction with MS-2i?

Somebody please help me........ almost can't resist it.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:20 AM Post #281 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by vandread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, i know it seem to be ridiciolus. I already have MS-Pro and quiet pleasant with a sound. But to read so many threads who appraise MS-2/i so much make me wonder n think it is worthed if now i pull a trigger to get MS-2i?

Seriously, in a past day i have MS-1 (love it so much, regret to sell it
frown.gif
) and SR-225 (didn't really like it), so i'm already experience with plastic n wood, but what about aluminium? How's it sound mean to be? perhaps better than MS-Pro in some genre of music?

For info, i'm usually hear jazz, majority accoustic guitar, vocal etc ; sometimes blues, swing, country, classic. and a little hip-hop, rock, metal. (sort in order)

Did i goes to wrong direction with MS-2i?

Somebody please help me........ almost can't resist it.

I don't see much point (unless you are into collecting Grados of different housing materials). I would send the MS-Pro for an upgrade cable if I were you.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #282 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see much point (unless you are into collecting Grados of different housing materials). I would send the MS-Pro for an upgrade cable if I were you.

i see........... what a relieved..... thx zorander
rs1smile.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #284 of 512
Quote:

Originally Posted by joos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had my MS2i’s now 7 days and i think i love these more and more every day.

X2 @405 days!
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #285 of 512
I wonder how much better these sounds with good amp and source. I just tried these with 414 pads, but I didn’t like it. 414 pads are lot more comfortable than bowls, but bowls sounds much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back