Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread
Apr 5, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #421 of 1,273
Anybody compare this to NAD m51. I think the NAD is in higher price range, but I am familiar with that dac so any comparison would be very  useful for me -- something i could wrap my head around,

Apr 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #423 of 1,273
Quote:
Some pics of the new bedside rig. V200 and X-Sabre go very well with each other. 

The V200 and X-Sabre sound good together? It would either be the X-Sabre or the V800. Eagerly awaiting P86's comparison.

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #425 of 1,273
Give me a a week or so, plus I don't know how appropriate my observations will be since I'm only pushing very sensitive cans like the denons/fostex out of this set up. I really want to get a pair of HD800's and compare it to my Schiit stack. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #426 of 1,273
Absolutely no disrespect whatsoever jronan2, but I think that we're all waiting for the comparative review by project86.

Cheers,

Andy. 
Quote:
Give me a a week or so, plus I don't know how appropriate my observations will be since I'm only pushing very sensitive cans like the denons/fostex out of this set up. I really want to get a pair of HD800's and compare it to my Schiit stack. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #427 of 1,273
Quote:
Absolutely no disrespect whatsoever jronan2, but I think that we're all waiting for the comparative review by project86.

Cheers,

Andy. 

That's ok, I'm more concerned with reading his than reading my own. 

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #428 of 1,273
Me bad  
size]
 Just kidding! 

Quote:

That's ok, I'm more concerned with reading his than reading my own. 

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #429 of 1,273
Quote:

Cheers,

Andy. 

I realize you later added the perfunctory, "just kidding!" bit, but really??  What was the point of this?  Did you find it satisfying to dismiss a member (a member who happens to own the products for which this thread was started) without any consideration to what he could offer to this thread?  I assume you're reading this thread because you're interested in this DAC, a DAC I also happen to own, so why in the world would you NOT want to hear what he has to say?  Actually, let me revise.  If you're not interested in what he has to say about this DAC, then that's obviously fine, but what purpose does it serve to publicly tell him that his input is less valuable than someone else's?  I'm not trying to police member behavior, cuz really, who am I?  I would seriously like to know the point of your post.

I, for one, look forward to his impressions.

Apr 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #430 of 1,273
I didn't summararily dismiss anyone and you've clearly misconstrued my post, as it was intended to empathise the anticipation surrounding the forthcoming project86 review. You've read far more into the post than was ever there.

Andy.

I realize you later added the perfunctory, "just kidding!" bit, but really??  What was the point of this?  Did you find it satisfying to dismiss a member (a member who happens to own the products for which this thread was started) without any consideration to what he could offer to this thread?  I assume you're reading this thread because you're interested in this DAC, a DAC I also happen to own, so why in the world would you NOT want to hear what he has to say?  Actually, let me revise.  If you're not interested in what he has to say about this DAC, then that's obviously fine, but what purpose does it serve to publicly tell him that his input is less valuable than someone else's?  I'm not trying to police member behavior, cuz really, who am I?  I would seriously like to know the point of your post.

I, for one, look forward to his impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back