Massdrop PLUS Universal IEM
Jul 8, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #616 of 877
As I understand it (haven’t put the time into A/Bing for proof) copper has a warmer sound with a more rolled-off treble, silver has a brighter sound with a rolled-off bass and silver-plated copper is supposed to be somewhere in between. Other people should feel free to correct me if I’m wrong though.

Still working on tip selection myself too. One of my ear canals is bigger than the other one to the point that I tend to require two different tip sizes for a good seal (buying Spiral Dots will kick my wallet in the plums). So I’m betting best results with a small in one ear and a medium in the other (MS and M in the Spiral Dot range, apparently.)

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #617 of 877
Would these be an upgrade from FLC8S ? Or to get to next IEM level from FLC8S I should really be looking at at the $1K+ range?

Jul 14, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #618 of 877
Would these be an upgrade from FLC8S ? Or to get to next IEM level from FLC8S I should really be looking at at the $1K+ range?

They have a diferent sound signature.Much more relaxed in a sort of an Audeze LCD2...

Perhaps you should look at the Dunus DK3001s or IMR R1s.

Jul 15, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #619 of 877
They have a diferent sound signature.Much more relaxed in a sort of an Audeze LCD2...

Perhaps you should look at the Dunus DK3001s or IMR R1s.

I am not sure I am that much in love with FLC8S - are they considered "not relaxed" ?

Jul 15, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #621 of 877
We need a list of cables that work (in one place). It's too random as is. Not cables that 'should' work, but cables that work well and are in use.

list (thanks)

1) brevity cable from null audio
2) SGAudiohive Florea SPC (the one you can see in most of my photos)
3) Venture Electronics Copper Cable (the one with the black and red braid, not that that denotes anything specific)
4) Effect Audio Ares II (@Colors was using this, and very much enjoyed it.)

does it matter if it's SQUARE or ROUND ( IEM side ) as long as it's 0.78mm?

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #622 of 877
Hello,

I just got these about 2 weeks ago, and I'm enjoying the sound. However, I'd like a cable with Bluetooth capabilities. The dream would be for a Bluetooth cable that's also capable of being wired, but that's not as important. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #623 of 877
Hello,

I just got these about 2 weeks ago, and I'm enjoying the sound. However, I'd like a cable with Bluetooth capabilities. The dream would be for a Bluetooth cable that's also capable of being wired, but that's not as important. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Plussoundaudio could make the Bluetooth cable but it would be about the same price as the MD+.

Jul 15, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #624 of 877
does it matter if it's SQUARE or ROUND ( IEM side ) as long as it's 0.78mm?

0.78mm and Square stem with a groove like the following image that I've replaced with.

718L0Ia5RAL._SL1000_.jpg

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #625 of 877
Hello,

Thanks!

I'm using Radsone EarStudio ES100 which is a 24 bit bluetooth receiver with headphone amp and works as USB DAC.
It works great for both functions and its output impedance is less than 1 ohm and fits for MDP.
I think this kind of device seems to be an alternative way to bluetooth earphones or cables so far but very smart way for IEM freaks.

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #626 of 877
I'm using Radsone EarStudio ES100 which is a 24 bit bluetooth receiver with headphone amp and works as USB DAC.
It works great for both functions and its output impedance is less than 1 ohm and fits for MDP.
I think this kind of device seems to be an alternative way to bluetooth earphones or cables so far but very smart way for IEM freaks.

Unfortunately, I've tried the adapter route; I currently have the Fiios BTR1. For myself, I find adapters just too big and unwieldy, even though they certainly seem more cost reasonable than the Plussoundaudios. Are there any other cheaper options?

If no, is there a Plussoundaudio cable that can be plugged in as well? I didn't see anything like that on their website.

Thanks!

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #627 of 877
0.78mm and Square stem with a groove like the following image that I've replaced with.

718L0Ia5RAL._SL1000_.jpg

Link to this cable, please? It looks awesome!!

Jul 16, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #628 of 877
I am not sure I am that much in love with FLC8S - are they considered "not relaxed" ?
Mainly depending on which filters are used I would consider them indeed more on the detailed side.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #629 of 877
Link to this cable, please? It looks awesome!!

I bought it from Amazon.jp. Link is as follows but it is only for Japan, I think.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0799F41QX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This should be the same cable that I purchased. Select a 2pin cable.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/***...108.1000016.1.69dbfa5cTyKVs5&isOrigTitle=true
If you might fail the link above, search in AliExpress.com for the title "**** Upgrade Tin Plated Copper Silver Cable 2.5/3.5/4.4 Balanced Cable With MMCX/2pin Jack For LZ A5 QT2 HQ5 HQ6".

Jul 16, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #630 of 877
is there a Plussoundaudio cable that can be plugged in as well? I didn't see anything like that on their website.

Thanks!
I think it’s either the EXO BT or a wired cable. They don’t currently make one that has both the Bluetooth hardware and an analog connection. I thought Null had a BT cable in their lineup but it looks like I was wrong.

EDIT1: Lear make one for the JDM and it’s a tad cheaper than the Plussound if cost is a factor. It’s a bit hard to tell if it had the required notch on the connector though. https://www.amazon.com/LEAR-2Pin【Cable-Bluetooth-compatible-connector】【Japan/dp/B0722JDMP5

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back