MADE IN THE USA - Any advise
Oct 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #16 of 29
Grado (I don't know about IEMs, and iGrado aren't), Koss (not all, but the ESP are, and the higher-up dynamics are (PRO4 and kin)), Woo Audio, CI Audio, PS Audio (afaik universally), Boulder Amps, Aude'z'e, Schiit, Kimber, Cardas (iirc), Wilson, MartinLogan (iirc - headphones likely aren't but idk), McIntosh, MacCormack (iirc), Magnepan, and probably some others that aren't coming to mind (there's probably a ton more speaker companies that I'm not thinking of).

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #20 of 29
Think my post was sent a couple of times..... sorry ALL

Not SPAM..... sincerely looking for advise here.

I may have clicked the post a couple of times because it didnt show first (or even second time) that it posted.....

Only realized it posted more than once when I saw an email.

this is my first posting on the forum and love the response so  far..... been keeping me busy with my research..... keep the advise coming.....

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #22 of 29
with a Lavry source to top it off, you'd have an excellent rig indeed! 

I actually had a DA11-->GilmoreLiteLE-->LCD-2 rig, and it was the second best headphone system I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT)

Quote:
If you're going with an all-USA rig:

Amps: Headamp (solid state) or Eddie Current (tubes)
Headphones: Audeze

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #23 of 29
The DA11 is a pretty good source for the price range :)  I would personally recommend the Wyred4Sound DAC-2 in the low-$1000 range, followed by the PerfectWave DAC II and Berkeley Alpha.

I would recommend in investing in a good amp and pair of headphones before spending too much on a source, though.  A used AMB gamma2 is a great place to start, can be found between $150-200 on the marketplace, and has a respectable headphone out.

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:
with a Lavry source to top it off, you'd have an excellent rig indeed! 

I actually had a DA11-->GilmoreLiteLE-->LCD-2 rig, and it was the second best headphone system I've ever owned (and I've owned a LOT)

so gilmore lite can drive lcd-2 to its glory ? I have Glite lying around collecting dust, but thats the only dynamic amp i own and not looking to sell it. just want to make good use of it

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #26 of 29
I felt that the LCD-2/GLite combo was a little too dry sounding. One of the trademarks of the LCD-2's is it's "wet" and "thick" sound signature and I felt that the GLite took too much away from that. But then again, some may find that more balanced and less coloured, so YMMV.

Apr 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:
 PS Audio (afaik universally), 

The less expensive PS Audio products, including the GCHA, are/were made in China. So are all their cables.
If it's made in Boulder, like the Perfect Wave Series, they'll mention it in the product description and print "assembled in Boulder" on the back.
If it doesn't say where it's made, PS Audio likely outsourced/imported it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back