Loudest Bass IEM
Nov 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #17 of 37
Quote:
Personally owning both Atrio and VB once upon a time (back in my basshead days) I much preffered the VB. I felt they were better value for money. Bass reaches lower with more rumble and overall I found the SQ signature more enjoyable. VB can be little sibilant art first, they need about 50 hours burn in. But considering the cheaper price tag and IMO better sub-bass rumble, VB I would take first. I didn't like the Atrio design, it's plastic and feels like something you win in a kinda surprise egg. So VB would be my choice, plus it has the changeable bass ports, so if you decide one day you don't to be basshead that week you can tone bass down. VB reminded me of two little mini air compressors pumping air in my ears, at high volumes they would begin trying to shake their way out of my ear canals (seriously when amped the earpieces would shake).
cool.gif
I bruised my eardrum one evening abusing them.
redface.gif

Pay less, get more, makes sense to me.

+1

VB has much better sub bass, and almost zero bleed, absolutely unbelievable IEM for basshead...IF just in case that the bass is not loud enough still, I would recommend the following
  • Go to the doctor and get your ears checked out...or
  • Buy yourself Digizoid Zo, paired with Hippo VB should be a bass nirvana for you 
    L3000.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #18 of 37
The Hippo VB is a bassheads dream and if they don't have enough for you then you must have hearing damage.  They also are a good IEM in other areas as well with nice detail good highs and a good over all soundstage.

Nov 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #22 of 37
+1 for Hippo VB.

Reviews:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-263-iems-compared-1964ears-1964-v3-added-11-04-12#post_6492051 (Hippo VB is 2C12) I'm a basshead as well, but I am fairly picky about how companies go about the bass response. Most of the cheaper bass-centric IEM's boost upper bass (50-100hz) to make it seem like they have a lot of bass. The VB has ample bass, but it has response down into the mid/lower 20Hz range but doesn't bleed into the midrange like others and isn't boosted like crazy in the upper bass region. Best sounding bass and lowest bass response I've heard in an IEM. I found that the 2-dot bass ports had the best sound as well.

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:
For the absolute MOST midbass I would suggest the TFTA 1XB as well. The most midbass possible in an iem without further amping or eqing or using the digizoid ZO2.

Hippo VB gives you 3 plates to tune the bass, the 'low' bass plate gives you ample mid-bass, the 'medium' bass plate gives you an awesome sub-bass, with no absolutely no bleed whatsoever, the 'high' bass plate gives you both mid-bass AND sub-bass, and all that for about $75

Quote:
+1 for Hippo VB.

Reviews:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-263-iems-compared-1964ears-1964-v3-added-11-04-12#post_6492051 (Hippo VB is 2C12) I'm a basshead as well, but I am fairly picky about how companies go about the bass response. Most of the cheaper bass-centric IEM's boost upper bass (50-100hz) to make it seem like they have a lot of bass. The VB has ample bass, but it has response down into the mid/lower 20Hz range but doesn't bleed into the midrange like others and isn't boosted like crazy in the upper bass region. Best sounding bass and lowest bass response I've heard in an IEM. I found that the 2-dot bass ports had the best sound as well.

It depends on what they listen too, sub-bass are good for hiphop & RnB, whereas mid-bass are good for EDM

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #25 of 37
+1 for Hippo VB.

Reviews:

2 dot plates all the way! I had the best results with those. Amping with something like E11 was great fun with Hippo VB, although there was still tons of sub-bass with my Sony MP3 player. Using E11 was like feeding the monster. (gives you alot of power in a small convenient portable package) I remember some of the sub-bass rumble was totally insane. They go low and hold decay, you actually feel da bass. 100% car sub woofer style!

Sub woofer for an in ear solution for sure.! Might pick another pair up just for kicks. BOOM!

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #26 of 37
Thank you everybody for all of your extremely helpful posts, but I have decided to go with the Hippo VB's due to their bass ports. 
I still have yet to buy them and wanted to know the difference between Jaben.net and Jaben.com, .net offering a GoVibe Mini DAC

So once again I'd like to thank everybody for their contributions to this thread.

If anyone has information on the difference between those sites, it would be fantastic help, and any information on the GoVibe Mini DAC would also come in handy.

Thanks!

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:
Thank you everybody for all of your extremely helpful posts, but I have decided to go with the Hippo VB's due to their bass ports. 
I still have yet to buy them and wanted to know the difference between Jaben.net and Jaben.com, .net offering a GoVibe Mini DAC

So once again I'd like to thank everybody for their contributions to this thread.

If anyone has information on the difference between those sites, it would be fantastic help, and any information on the GoVibe Mini DAC would also come in handy.

Thanks!

Way to go mate, I am sure that you won't be dissapointed...

Let us know what you think about Hippo VB once purchased - all Jaben's site are the same I think, AFAIK the online store is accessible through jaben.net

Nov 18, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #30 of 37
Hate to say this, but it's the truth-- if you want bass, Beats Tour will thump your head off.  Not much nuance, but if it's bass you seek...

Haha, I remember the beats tours I had, the bass was pretty good granted. :p Not $200 AUS good though. I was pretty impressed with the sub-bass though. lol.

Now, you better leave, before people come running with the anti beats pitch forks! lol :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back