Lookin for sub $50 headphones
Sep 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #31 of 43
Technical Pro HPT990 (Takstar Hi2050), come with decent Velour ear pads.
They are semi-open headphones and cost $44.99 at J&R.

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #32 of 43
Also i dont want clip ons or on ears or whatever purple angel said. I want over ear headphones and the panasonics sound great (not literally, ive never heard them) i have no idea how good the koss headphones are, but just based on the fact that they are clip ons, i dont want them

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #34 of 43
well beats do sound pretty much like the how the atomics were described, unfortunately dr dre does not approve of your under 50 budget
and also please take the posts here with some salt (including this one) 
well you have only gone as far as a few skull candies so im not surprised of your remark, 
so it appears you like through the roof bass i would guess?

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #35 of 43
well beats do sound pretty much like the how the atomics were described, unfortunately dr dre does not approve of your under 50 budget

and also please take the posts here with some salt (including this one) 

well you have only gone as far as a few skull candies so im not surprised of your remark, 

so it appears you like through the roof bass i would guess?

Yes i bought those two or 3 pairs of SCs before i discovered the internet and headfi

Sep 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:
Also i dont want clip ons or on ears or whatever purple angel said. I want over ear headphones and the panasonics sound great (not literally, ive never heard them) i have no idea how good the koss headphones are, but just based on the fact that they are clip ons, i dont want them

The Technical Pro HPT990 are over ear headphones.

Sep 21, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #38 of 43
Quote:
You said they are partial ears

I think you may have misunderstood.  He said that they were semi-open, meaning that the ear cups are not fully closed.  It's still a full sized headphone, it just leaks a fair bit of sound and has a wider soundstage compared to a closed backed headphone.

These articles may help you if you are unfamiliar with terms regarding audio.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/glossary-of-terms

http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

That aside, I would recommend the Panasonics as well.  The Sony XB500 isn't a bad choice either.

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #39 of 43
thank you but i have one more question, is it meant to be like that or does it just have bad isolation?

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #40 of 43
Quote:
thank you but i have one more question, is it meant to be like that or does it just have bad isolation?

Semi-open (&open) headphones are not designed for isolation, but semi-open & open usually gives better audio quality (but there are some good sounded closed headphones).
So the only reason you would really buy closed headphones is to block your headphones noise from others around you or to block outside noise from bothering you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back