Little Dot MKIII Tube Rolling
Jun 18, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #1,036 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought so
smily_headphones1.gif
Btw, got a weird tube with the 6Zh1P-EVs, 3C18P (I think). Any info on that tube? Btw2, what does NOS mean?
tongue.gif

New Old Stock = NOS

Made a long time ago, but are still new (unused).

Jun 18, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #1,038 of 3,408
Ok, thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #1,039 of 3,408
anyone here uses hd600s with these? can someone recommend me some good sounding tubes for use with the hd600s?

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #1,040 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by windrider /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone here uses hd600s with these? can someone recommend me some good sounding tubes for use with the hd600s?

Can't go wrong with a pair of Mullard 8161. The "Russians" aren't bad either.

Jun 19, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #1,041 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't go wrong with a pair of Mullard 8161. The "Russians" aren't bad either.

The Mullard M8161's are definitely one of the best EF92 tubes around, for a slightly 'harder' sound the UE EF92's are pretty good as well.
redface.gif

- DoA

Jun 19, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #1,042 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by windrider /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any driver tubes that work great for the HD-650, will also work great for the HD-600. I've verified this many of times now, so you have a bunch of tubes to pick from.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Russians (6ZH1P-EV) are a must have (fun for everyone), several of the EF92 flavors are a moral imperative (M8161, 6CQ6) and several of the Sylvania's (5654/6AK5 black plates, round getters) will rock your boat, if you can find them.
smily_headphones1.gif
Amperex EF92 Bugle Boys, if you can fine them, are a real treat. I still get goose bumps every time I listen to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't gone with any 403B's yet, so someone else will have to chime in on those.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #1,043 of 3,408
I really liked my Western Electric 403A/ 6AK5's while they were burning in. In fact, at about the 8 hour mark, I put on my headphones and listened to my favorite band (Screaming Trees. Grunge), and about three tracks in I put down my book and listened for a second and my jaw dropped. The mids were amazing. Anyways, I kept burning them in, and now the mids are less emphasized, and I'm bummed.

Love my Mullard EF92's, though.

Jun 19, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #1,044 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really liked my Western Electric 403A/ 6AK5's while they were burning in. In fact, at about the 8 hour mark, I put on my headphones and listened to my favorite band (Screaming Trees. Grunge), and about three tracks in I put down my book and listened for a second and my jaw dropped. The mids were amazing. Anyways, I kept burning them in, and now the mids are less emphasized, and I'm bummed.

Love my Mullard EF92's, though.

I've had some 6AK5's do the same thing too.
smily_headphones1.gif
The GE Mobile Radio 5654's are pretty good and pop up on eBay sometimes. Much better than the regular GE's.

Jun 19, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #1,045 of 3,408
Just received a pair of matched Mullard M8100 NOS earlier today. Threw them into the MKIV and was instantly impressed by the immediate improvement in bass quality on my AudioEngine A2s over the stock tubes (with no tube burn in of course). My feet are vibrating! I love these A2s! Wish I had the space for the A5s.

Oddly, I haven't really detected the improvement in bass on my ATH A900s yet. One thing for certain is that I much prefer my A2s over my A900s.

I think its time for a closed can upgrade in the next few months.

Jun 19, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #1,047 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penchum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any driver tubes that work great for the HD-650, will also work great for the HD-600. I've verified this many of times now, so you have a bunch of tubes to pick from.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Russians (6ZH1P-EV) are a must have (fun for everyone), several of the EF92 flavors are a moral imperative (M8161, 6CQ6) and several of the Sylvania's (5654/6AK5 black plates, round getters) will rock your boat, if you can find them.
smily_headphones1.gif
Amperex EF92 Bugle Boys, if you can fine them, are a real treat. I still get goose bumps every time I listen to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't gone with any 403B's yet, so someone else will have to chime in on those.
smily_headphones1.gif

Tung Sol 403B's are very good. They have a strong, refined quality of bass with a hint of sparkle in the high end. Add the rare Amperex PQ E95F to that list of stellar tubes Pench mentions as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Peete.

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #1,049 of 3,408
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridacnid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E95F?

What I've heard they are HEAVEN.
smily_headphones1.gif

But now to some serious business. I ordered RUSS TUBES 6N6P-I = ECC89 = E182CC Lot of 10. NEW! RARE from a seller, who has 100% positive feedback. Or actually I lost the auction but got a second chance offer from the seller, and I bought it. I paid it on Jun-06-08. Well I waited for a week, nothing. After the week I sent email to the seller, no response. After that I sent him message thru ebay, no response. karkas4 is his ebay account. With that amount of positive feedbacks I really was sure that no one could be cheated or anything. Well I was wrong. eBay My World - karkas4 here's straight link to his ebay site.

So if anyone have ordered from that seller, who had what he ordered, I'd be glad to hear it. Because I am quite sure I am not getting what I ordered. And if karkas4 is reading this thread, please contact me. It is not a big amount of money, but I just can't stand these kind of deals.

Peace out.

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #1,050 of 3,408
And now something that actually fits to this thread:

Russian 6ZH1P-EV.

At first they sounded like heaven. After burn-in of ~50 hours. They became kinda harsh sounded. Don't know if that it was of placebo effect wearing of, or actually the tubes changing sound, but really after the first hours, I really can't say I enjoy these tubes as I enjoyd them at first.

Even so. I can say these beat the stock tubes by far on every aspect. And still I think everyone should get a pair, cause they are so bloody cheap.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now after a LONG break, I had time to listen to my homesystem of Magnat Quantum 503, with Audiopro B136 subwoofer. Tho the signal doesn't go thru Beresford to the hometheater amplifier, but still. I can say that, I can't even imagine stereo system/surround system that could even get close to anything that headphones give. I was kinda sure, sure, before, but now I am so sure. I kinda really hate to listen music thru those Magnats (even they are a respected brand and compared to many, many, expensive, ones). Only thing I am missing is the bass output that my subwoofer gives, but I kinda know it is a deal with 325i's bass output.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dunno even if this belongs to this thread. But I am at the moment so happy of my headphone-set that I must tell it to you.

E: if someone wants to know more about differences, tell me and Ill write.
smily_headphones1.gif

Peace out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back