Koss Portapro Thread
Sep 26, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,052 of 1,312
I've just noticed something... I received Oculus rift vr over week ago and it's totally using porta pro driver. Seriously. No wonder people are satisfied with rift sound. And I confirm it does sound good although although the foam is thicker.

You can totally see it through the little grate of the shroud. what is interesting me is that foam and padding have nice feeling to ear and would do as great mod to porta pro. Anyone tried it?
oculus-rift-earphonecu-1500x1000.jpg

4real? That is crazy cool. It would pull in many into this world of madness :D

Sep 27, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #1,053 of 1,312
Wow these sound great for the price. Playing some metal through fiio x5iii with these. Wow

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #1,054 of 1,312
Just received the Massdrop Porta Pro X. Very initial impressions felt a little veiled using iDSD Black Label, but I've also been listening to Cypherus Audio's Campfred 2 a lot lately, so I can see where I'd get that impression.

Dec 20, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #1,056 of 1,312
My chi-fi IEMs broke relatively shortly after purchase, so I went ahead and got some PortaPros. Disappointed that I missed out on the Massdrop deal, because the inline mic and thicker cable/y-joint is definitely preferred. And the sleek all-black look is cool.

But, Amazon has them on sale for 28 dollars here. So I picked up a pair.

Jan 15, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #1,057 of 1,312
Jan 26, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #1,058 of 1,312
Koss Porta Pro was my first better headphone, and I was experimenting with them a lot with kramer mod and various earpad mods. I loved the way they sounded, but I eventually bought more expensive and better headphones and forgot porta pros. Last year I interested in porta pros again and I bought black edition from local shop. I did kramer mod and made better earpads aswell, but I were quite underwhelmed how they sounded. I of course thought that I simply had "outgrew" of them because I have listened so much higher end phones. But I definitely remembered they should've sounded better than that. Anyway I put them aside for quite long time, until recently I thought maybe I should apply some proper burn-in, and yesterday night I still wasn't pleased with their sound, and I picked up my beyer dt150 and listened them couple hours´and left portas playing on my desk with over my preferred volume level. After I stopped listening my beyers and was about to go to sleep, I checked out how portas sound now. What a surprise, sound was improved pretty much now. Bass had calmed down, became more precise and mids and treble were a lot better, refined and clear. Soundstage feels more airy. Feels like now my porta pros sound like they did back in my early headphone days! I never ever have noticed such effect in burning-in headphones.

May 1, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #1,059 of 1,312
Today, Koss introduced the Koss Porta Pro Wireless! With BT 4.1 and AptX.... :)

https://www.koss.com/headphones/wireless-headphones/porta-pro-wireless

• Wireless Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones
  • Bluetooth 4.1 with apt-X
  • 12+ Hour Battery Life (recharageable)
  • In-Line Controls (Play/Pause, Start/Stop, Volume, Answer/End, etc.)
  • Integrated Microphone
  • Comfort Zone setting on temporal pad
  • Collapsible design for compact storage

wireless-bluetooth-headphones-porta_pro-koss-hero.jpg

May 1, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #1,061 of 1,312

• Integrated Microphone

NO WAY !!!!!!
Holy crap this is exactly what I wanted. Wonder if these would work with PC and Ps4. Any ideas?

Waiting for proper review. if these sound like real deal then we might have the best headphone ever

May 1, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #1,063 of 1,312

• Integrated Microphone
I assume lifetime warranty as well? These are a steal then.

EDIT: NOPE. One year warranty.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #1,065 of 1,312
I assume lifetime warranty as well? These are a steal then.

EDIT: NOPE. One year warranty.

I think one year, that's standard for all Koss headphones with a battery -- so that's not really new. I have a pair of Koss BT540i over-ear wireless headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back