Koss Portapro Thread
Dec 30, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #1,307 of 1,312
Does anybody know which version of the Porta Pro (or even Sporta Pro) has the most robust (stock) cables? It's definitely not the Limited Edition Gold/Black Porta Pro.
It's the Porta Pro from Drop.

https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-x-kos...nes?searchId=606ec00661f61a9ee7aa1ebaa525eac3
AI7B4520_copy_new_20170803112827.jpg

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #1,310 of 1,312
Hello, I have a question for owners of both sporta pro and porta pro. I bought the sporta pro, however the headband is just short enough that it can't sit comfortably on my head without creating a pressure point on top, and if I move it up a little bit then it doesn't sit right on my ear and it changes the sound.

I have heard that the headband of the sporta is shorter than the porta pro. Is this true? I can return sporta pro and take porta pro instead, I just want to confirm this before I do it, because I couldn't find any more comments on the headband length.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #1,311 of 1,312
Hello, I have a question for owners of both sporta pro and porta pro. I bought the sporta pro, however the headband is just short enough that it can't sit comfortably on my head without creating a pressure point on top, and if I move it up a little bit then it doesn't sit right on my ear and it changes the sound.

I have heard that the headband of the sporta is shorter than the porta pro. Is this true? I can return sporta pro and take porta pro instead, I just want to confirm this before I do it, because I couldn't find any more comments on the headband length.
I tried both and kept the Porta Pro since I was able to wear it over my hat due to fitting larger. I wanna say they were the same length but the Porta Pro headband is more flexible which is why I think this is the case. This is with thicker Yaxi Pads as well.

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #1,312 of 1,312
Well, today I tried the porta pros and while it felt slightly more comfortable and less clamping, I can't say that the headband was much longer. Also while the temple pads on sportas were lightly touching my head, on portas they didn't touch at all, I could almost fit a whole finger in there and I tried all the comfort settings. I think the main difference is just the different clamping between them and that the headband is almost the same length if not exactly the same.

I ended up going for kph30i, the headband is just more convenient and comfortable. The pads are worse but it's not a deal breaker. They do clamp a little, but I think the clamp is actually on par with the sportas. I just wish there were sporta/porta pads on these, those are just so plush and soft, kph30 are rather basic. Are there any recommendations for pads that aren't yaxi? because the only option for those is to get them from japan which would cost at least 30$.

Also my kph30i don't sound darker than sportas like some people say they do. The sound is definitely cleaner and more neutral than sporta. Maybe the sportas are the darkest because of their bigger clamping pressure than on porta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back