Koss Portapro Thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #1,021 of 1,311
Odd, I am not sure which headphones you are recommending here.

It seems some of what I wrote was not quoted but it was djpro100 and dt440 which I referred to as 440s afterwards. This is not to confuse with shure 440s (which I had and also liked) but the two I mentioned I said I preferred more than the 35s/75s . I have 35s/75s on sportapro headband and ur40. Hope that clears it up.

Apr 20, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #1,022 of 1,311
It's difficult to find competition for portapro especially with this form factor and price (even twice expensive)
Especially when You think of it as headphone for movies,soundtracks and gaming. for use in home.
It's rich and bassy. Not exactly clear. More of a fun headphone but also open and not straining on the ears. Comfortable.

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #1,025 of 1,311
  I agree and disagree.

For one - I only use them in home.
for 2 - they poorly (not at all) isolate so are great for biking and walking but terrible for bus/train

3 after what, 12 years the point is moot.

May 8, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #1,026 of 1,311
Just got the beige versions, as my first time hearing and owning these. They sound like crap. Makes everything sound like it's playing through a radio and muffled. Can't believe people think these sound good. Bass replaces all frequencies. No clarity in anything. Wanted these and now I'd rather (k)toss them.

May 23, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #1,027 of 1,311
Guys I've heard rumors that manufacturer for porta pro changed or something and they are of different quality.

Is it true? Do we have to buy 10 pairs and hide for apocalypse ?

May 23, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,028 of 1,311
Guys I've heard rumors that manufacturer for porta pro changed or something and they are of different quality.

Is it true? Do we have to buy 10 pairs and hide for apocalypse ?
Likely just a rumor. As far as I know, they continue to be manufactured in America, as they have been since inception. Would like to know where the rumor came from!

May 23, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #1,029 of 1,311
Would like to know where the rumor came from!
Source of rumor is one of Youtube comments under some porta pro review. I don't remember which one... so likely just bull.

Anyway - I love porta pro and continue to look for similar headphones or closed alike.

btw. Do new limited colors have braided cable like some porta pro had ?

edit: Actually I might five famus JVC S400 a try (edit nevermind. not available anywhere here)

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #1,032 of 1,311
Hey portapro fans

I gave mine to a friend which is KTC version recently it developed a snag. Only the voices are very distant rest seem ok, when I press the 'play' button on the remote and keep it pressed it plays normal but as soon as I leave it the voices go distant again. Has anyone faced this problem? Do I have to replace the whole cable or is there a remedy? My friend uses it with his iphone so the remote might be useful to him hence looking to preserve it.

Jul 5, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #1,034 of 1,311
Today's Wayback Wednesday article is all about the amazing PortaPro
http://www.headfonia.com/wayback-wednesday-koss-portapro/

Nice. I think it's really fantastic headphone. I have one and I wonder if I really should buy another pair or two to future proof myself, because of recent rumors regarding it's lower audio quality (As I said before, someone said that in some yt comment lol).
The review mentions akg k26p, which I would love to have now... shame it's impossible to find.

And people - give porta pro a chance. It really does not sound as it looks. My friends are always super weirded our and surprised how full pp sounds, as it looks tinny and crappy. I mean it looks amazing but it does not like if it was supposed to sound great... if You know what I mean

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #1,035 of 1,311
For anyone that's swapped out the head band for ear clips, as I didn't have a KSC75 available I used Yuin. How's the comfort on the Koss clips? The Yuin's ok, but honestly I'd probably be better off using the headband. I'm still not entirely convinced mine are real PPs as it cost $23.50 shipped, but it's got a fun sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back