Koss Portapro Thread
Dec 30, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #1,141 of 1,312
Got me some sweet Japanese yaxi pads! Comfortable, thick (twice as thick) but harder to find a good position on ear. I think around the back edge of ear flush with earpad is ok.
Anyone have measurements for these? I do feel more distance but I don't think it lost any of that sweet bass or mid. I really like PP sound signature and was afraid they would become to boring/flat with new pads.
Finally no itchy pads! Maybe I had to raise the volume a little bit?
btw - what is the smalles, least problematic amp possible? I want to raise the volume from ps4 dualshock just a tiny bit
XXKL8c5.jpg

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #1,142 of 1,312
Does anyone know if the drivers from the Porta Pro have a different sound signature over the KPH30i? I've been messing with several pairs that I purchased to tinker with and modify. I was able to pop out the drivers and was thinking of throwing in a pair of Porta Pro drivers in it since it's pretty much a direct swap. Also going to try swapping in a pair of KSC75 drivers in.

Jan 19, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #1,144 of 1,312
Does anyone know if the drivers from the Porta Pro have a different sound signature over the KPH30i? I've been messing with several pairs that I purchased to tinker with and modify. I was able to pop out the drivers and was thinking of throwing in a pair of Porta Pro drivers in it since it's pretty much a direct swap. Also going to try swapping in a pair of KSC75 drivers in.

They all use the same drivers. You can find the measurements for all and overlaid on another forum. In fact the designer of the porta pro is a member on unsaid forum.

Right now Im listening to my new Symphones v9 (modded) and they sound a lot like my Porta Pros.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #1,145 of 1,312
I've been looking around for just the classic PP with straight plug (I prefer it aesthetically).

Is there any place online where I can get one that is legit? Cause it seems that the ones on eBay are fakes...

Feb 29, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #1,146 of 1,312
Yes, the KPH30i are not quite as good sounding as the Porta Pro.

Mar 6, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #1,148 of 1,312
These are still one of the best pair of headphones on the market :laughing:

uc
For sure. With Yaxi pads, I use them daily for both music and gaming.

Mar 16, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #1,151 of 1,312
Yes. Porta Pros share their drivers with the KSC 75.

Got me some sweet Japanese yaxi pads! Comfortable, thick (twice as thick) but harder to find a good position on ear. I think around the back edge of ear flush with earpad is ok.
Anyone have measurements for these? I do feel more distance but I don't think it lost any of that sweet bass or mid. I really like PP sound signature and was afraid they would become to boring/flat with new pads.
Finally no itchy pads! Maybe I had to raise the volume a little bit?
btw - what is the smalles, least problematic amp possible? I want to raise the volume from ps4 dualshock just a tiny bit
XXKL8c5.jpg
My friend measured them on the KSC75...same driver. The Yaxis reduce the volume by 4-5 dB, and more so in the midrange, which adds to the recessed sound signature. We are presently writing our analysis up on our blog.

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #1,154 of 1,312
KSC75 uses a titanium coated diaphragm along with KTX Pro 1. Porta Pro, KPH30i, and KSC35 do not. Otherwise it is the same.

I stand corrected. I was thinking of KSC35 not 75.

Just a shout-out to awesomeness. My pair from July 2012 still pounding it out with no breakdowns! Long live Koss.......

I think Ive had mine pre 2010 . No problems except pads disintegrated long ago so switched to HD414 earpads which I prefer. And now my HD414 pads are gone so I decided to honor my longest tenured headphones with the Yaxi 5-pair set with poster. Ill be ordering Porta Pros from MD next black friday as xmas gifts and including a pair of Yaxi pads each.

Apr 11, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #1,155 of 1,312
I stand corrected. I was thinking of KSC35 not 75.

I think Ive had mine pre 2010 . No problems except pads disintegrated long ago so switched to HD414 earpads which I prefer. And now my HD414 pads are gone so I decided to honor my longest tenured headphones with the Yaxi 5-pair set with poster. Ill be ordering Porta Pros from MD next black friday as xmas gifts and including a pair of Yaxi pads each.
You’re gonna love the Yaxi pads! Only adds to the experience - no subtraction, and way more durable than OEM pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back