Kirosia has ordered a Zune HD, please show pics and say nice things to comfort him
Dec 24, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #61 of 108
Yeah, I'm not really not liking the volume and general playback interface. Just a little too much work.

I converted a couple videos using xvid4psp (really old version), and the quality is pretty good thanks to the oled screen.

Dec 25, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #62 of 108
I got my noreve case and Its pretty good. The best case I have ever had so far for any device. thumbs up

Dec 25, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #63 of 108
Don't care for cases, most seem to be for show or just make the zune harder to use.

Dec 25, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #64 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm not really not liking the volume and general playback interface. Just a little too much work.

I don't seem to mind it so much...but until you get used to it, it can be a bit too detailed...I only use one of the three ways to change track/volume..but the choice is nice..

Personally though, I prefer it to the ipod interface, and am always using the "add to playlist" option...

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #65 of 108
Just got my own Zune HD. It's thinner, lighter, and smaller than I have imagined. I gotta say, the interface is absolutely perfect. The internet works nicely, apps are good for time wasting, and everything is working great. The OLED screen is even better in real life. All the videos I've watched look fantastic and as of now, I'm converting all my old videos to see how it looks.

Still, I'm a bit disappointed to hear that the sound isn't as good as the 3rd gen iPod Touch. It's about the same as my Sansa clip. There's also the limited codec support, but it's not a huge deal breaker for me.

In short, I love this little thing. It's my first "real" DAP (I've had 2 Sansa e200s rockboxed, and a sansa clip in my life) and besides those two minor issues, and the fact that it has to use a software, it's truly a great player.

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #66 of 108
hows gapless playback on the HD, because on the zune 120 its botched.

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #68 of 108
I think that i get a flicker when exiting apps and movies...the zune hd is definitely a great little device. There are a lot of home grown apps being created for it and some of them are actually pretty good...I just cant wait to see what will be coming in the future for this device...'

When you say the UI is unresponsive at times what do you mean?

Dec 25, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #69 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by abellaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that i get a flicker when exiting apps and movies...the zune hd is definitely a great little device. There are a lot of home grown apps being created for it and some of them are actually pretty good...I just cant wait to see what will be coming in the future for this device...'

I get unresponsiveness....going from artist-> album-> add to now playing -> album -> other artist-> album -> home button -> now playing..

generally happens to me if i switch from one thing to the other really quickly...it's like a frame drop...not that annoying, but I can understand why...since I go from one item to next quite a lot....

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #70 of 108
Quote:

Kirosia, can we get picks of the pretty red?

I'll try to put up some pics tomorrow, when it's brighter. Here's the design I chose though (it was a penny):

Zune3.jpg

Quote:

What Hobo said, and it seems like the sensitivity isn't constant. Sometimes it'll take a light touch to active an item, other times more.

I'm still trying to decide to between a case or a screen protector. I was gonna get a Martin Fields, but apparently it scratches up easily.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #71 of 108
Green Zune in Sandy Vintage Noreve Case -

Sorry the pics are from my iPhone. For a leather flip case, it is surprisingly thin and you can take off the pin in the back and add one for a clip. They are a little pricy, but there aren't many great options. I won a 100 buck gift certificate to Noreve so I will be using that to buy a case for my iPhone + the upgraded metal clip.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #72 of 108
I do like the looks the black leather noreve, but it's not very functional and $50+ is just too much.

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #73 of 108
what do you mean functional?

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #74 of 108
I mean I'd have to open the case up every time I wanted to access the player, including changing the volume.

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:52 PM Post #75 of 108
Kirosia,

You need to head over to Incipio for the best fitting cases. I have the Dermashot silicone-type case. It's much sturdier and not as stretchy as the regular silicone. Fits like a glove! I also tried the Feather case but that was with the Blackberry Storm. The hard-case looked incredibly nice but was vulnerable to drops as it damages the hard case. Their warranty is nothing short of amazing. I have replaced the Feather case for my storm on multiple occasions. All I had to do was ship them the RMA'd case and they ship out a brand new one. I even switched from the Feather case to the Silicone case. Nw I have the Dermashot cases for both my Storm and my Zune HD. But yah, your best bet for cases is from Incipio. Do not spend $50 for an inaccessible case. Just not worth it. O_o

Here's the link to Incipio cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back