Kirosia has ordered a Zune HD, please show pics and say nice things to comfort him
Dec 22, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #47 of 108
Get it yet?

I'm seriously thinking about getting a 32GB one from Amazon. ($269 - $30 gift card
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #49 of 108
As a zune hd owner i would really like to hear what you think of this dap. I really like it but i have been a zune fanboy for the last year or two. Play around with the UI and let me know what you think for me it is one of the major selling points of the zune hd

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #50 of 108
I'm not really the person to listen to, I've been using an iaudio u2 for the past couple years. (And only a 5G ipod before that) I've never owned a touch screen player, so I wouldn't have anything to which I could compare the UI.

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #51 of 108
Well i think any impression is interesting, granted you may not be the most knowledgeable person about touch screen devices. But you thoughts or opinions are still valid in my eyes. I have never owned another touch screen device, though i have used the iphone and itouch extensively.

On another note what do you think of the zune software??

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #52 of 108
No idea, I haven't downloaded it yet. I did used to have itunes awhile back... and it did not play friendly with XP.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #53 of 108
bestskinsever.com is the best place to get screen protectors, same quality as zagg without the ludicrous markup. have used it on an iphone and 2 blackberries in the last 2 years

Dec 24, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #54 of 108
Oh, I've never been able to put those type of protectors on properly. If I get one, I'll probably get a martin fields. The shipping is expensive, but what the hell.

And my zune is probably not coming today.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #55 of 108
So far I'm enjoying the Zune software, though I have occasional issues with stuff not syncing - requiring a second drag 'n drop to the device. Still working on figuring out playlists on the device (some smart playlists just do not want to sync, some do - why is that?). As far as touch devices go... The screen is more responsive than my mytouch 3g. "different" than the 3GS and itouch 2g (don't know how to describe it, just different - I think the apple is better quality software and the zune is better quality hardware [just talking about the screen and touch interface responsiveness here])

Haven't bothered with a case or screen protector yet (though I did buy some screen protectors off amazon when I got the DAP).

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #56 of 108
Check your Sync settings and...

Smart Playlists are Sync groups. Sync groups works like so:
Zune Insider

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #57 of 108
Got my zune. The device is beautiful, though I do appear to have some stuck/dead pixels (red or black, I think). Not incredibly noticeable, I had to search hard on a white background to see them initially. Anyone have a link to one of dem dere videos thad flashes numerous colors to try and fix them? Also, doe MS have a policy on dead pixels? Truth, I'll probably keep it since they're nowhere near as bad as my PSP.

Initial impressions:

SQ - round notes than my iaudio2, though the soundstage isn't great

UI - Looks pretty, can be a bit unresponsive at times

Software - I like it better than itunes already. Is there any way to search for a specific picture?

My fingers can't scratch this thing right?

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #58 of 108
Congrats, Kirosia! Your fingers cannot scratch the screen, unless you carried through on that plan of yours to embed diamonds in your fingerprints.

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #59 of 108
Hmm, I get flicker sometimes i.e. when pressing the home button.

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #60 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I get flicker sometimes i.e. when pressing the home button.

I get flicker sometimes too =/ notice it when there's animation or a video...also flickers when listening to an UNKLE song and moving to another track (due to the light background)......but I don't see it in natural light...only under false light, Also, my eyes are very very sensitive to flicker...

I have no other complaints...apart from the lack of a volume rocker...love the UI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back