Kirosia has ordered a Zune HD, please show pics and say nice things to comfort him
Dec 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #76 of 108
docked w/ DAC1
IMG_1272.jpg

on the mini^3
IMG_1277.jpg

the video is good enough on hdmi out. i think it could hold about 18 dvds...

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #77 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceekay84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kirosia,

You need to head over to Incipio for the best fitting cases. I have the Dermashot silicone-type case. It's much sturdier and not as stretchy as the regular silicone. Fits like a glove! I also tried the Feather case but that was with the Blackberry Storm. The hard-case looked incredibly nice but was vulnerable to drops as it damages the hard case. Their warranty is nothing short of amazing. I have replaced the Feather case for my storm on multiple occasions. All I had to do was ship them the RMA'd case and they ship out a brand new one. I even switched from the Feather case to the Silicone case. Nw I have the Dermashot cases for both my Storm and my Zune HD. But yah, your best bet for cases is from Incipio. Do not spend $50 for an inaccessible case. Just not worth it. O_o

Here's the link to Incipio cases.

I've been looking at the incipios, but they don't protect the screen. And I read the included screen protector strip is very poor.

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #78 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh4db536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
docked w/ DAC1
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/jh4db536/OtherFi/IMG_1272.jpg[IMG]
on the mini^3
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/jh4db536/OtherFi/IMG_1277.jpg[IMG]

the video is good enough on hdmi out. i think it could hold about 18 dvds...[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Sexy beast

Dec 26, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #79 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking at the incipios, but they don't protect the screen. And I read the included screen protector strip is very poor.

Then you're out of luck. lol

Dec 26, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #80 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by ceekay84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then you're out of luck. lol

Pretty much. Guess I'll have to take my changes with a regular screen protector or an invisible shield. Otherwise the Zune is never gonna leave my bedroom.

Anyone have a zagg on the HD?

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #81 of 108
Quote:

Pretty much. Guess I'll have to take my changes with a regular screen protector or an invisible shield. Otherwise the Zune is never gonna leave my bedroom.

Anyone have a zagg on the HD?

I do, but I don't really feel that it needs it. more for some peace of mind and I don't want the etching on the back to get mussed up.

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #82 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by xantus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do, but I don't really feel that it needs it. more for some peace of mind and I don't want the etching on the back to get mussed up.

How about the screen? Does it affect visibility noticeably, or did installation cause problems? (I'm really afraid the application liquid will get into the screen)

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #83 of 108
fingerprints are just as visible on the zagg as they are on the glass. for screen visibility, if you install it cleanly, invisibleshield is pretty invisible. if you are worried, be safe and don't turn it on until it's dry. doesn't seem to change the touch sensitivity at all, still responds to a very light touch.

most reports of screen failure seem to be cracking due to crushing/dropping. something the zagg won't really do anything for. the glass is very robust and I doubt it will get scratched by your usual pocket contents. most people don't put 200$+ devices in the same pockets as rusty nails
tongue.gif

I would get something solid to put it inside when it's not in use. seems more likely to get damaged by clunking around in a bag than in your pocket.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #84 of 108
Good to hear, I just ordered the zagg. And I actually did drop my zune, but it was from my bed to the floor. Don't see any noticeable blemishes, although if it's the back it's not as big a deal. I still may get a hard case down the road...

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #85 of 108
Good decision on the invisible shield, whatever may the reason be (a peace of mind, protection of your investment, etc...). You may also consider finding a sleeve/case to hold it whenever you're not using the touchscreen. I made an ugly one myself with a koozie:

Top:
PICT0015.jpg

Bottom:
PICT0007.jpg

Dec 29, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #86 of 108
^^ Looks good. it can give the overpriced Incipio junk a run for the money.
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #88 of 108
If I get a case, it'll probably have the screen uncovered.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #89 of 108
Quote:

If I get a case, it'll probably have the screen uncovered.

Yeah. Double layers will make the screen less responsive.

Dec 30, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #90 of 108
In the end i just went with a silicone rubber case and i just keep in a cloth bag when i am not using it. But from my personal usage the screen has been pretty robust i havent scratched mine yet. I wouldnt say i have been any more careful with my zune hd then any other dap i have had.

As far as dropping the way the headphone jack kind of locks has saved me many a time. So i think that was a smart idea from the zune team.

For the unresponsiveness i think i know what you guys are referring too. But i use my zune very simply so i really dont have those kinds of problems. I pretty much choose an album jump on the bus and when i get to work turn it off...i use the internet but right now the only wi fi hot spot i am in regularly is at home.

But i think i will play around with it and see what i find out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back