JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #9,091 of 10,743
I ordered a bottle of Eargene and Miracell Skin Relief lotion from a hearing aid products supplier via Amazon, so we'll see how those help. In the mean time Caleb at JH Audio came back to me advising it should be a simple adjustment to correct this problem by rounding off and tapering the tips ever so slightly, which could be done under the fit warranty.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #9,094 of 10,743
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!

you just need to brush your ears 3times a day.

seriously just be careful not to get lotion into your iems. we've got someone on a french forum who just killed a driver like that.

Feb 22, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #9,096 of 10,743
If you're not in a hurry. Ted at Cablepro is building me a long crystal copper litz cable to try on mt FP JH13s. It's from a particular souce he likes and he's even careful about solder type. He doesn't use standard or silver solder on copper as he's got something better. Hyper Litz has the best phase character, the absolute widest bandwidth, most surface area, least strand interaction( theorehtically as good as solid core) and commonality of strand load (when wound correctly). Each strand is also individually insulated against oxygen so it will retain it's performance, smooth surface and shiney copper color forever. 100 or so strands in each 25ish ga wire in the braid will also be very flexable. A lot of what a fine stranded Litz is capable of is theorehtical overkill for this purpose but it should be in that price bracket and I couldn't think of a better way to do a cable. Probably be a few weeks but it should fit that price range and I'll report on how it works here.

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #9,097 of 10,743
Heungwing,

I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #9,099 of 10,743
Well I persevered with the Miracell lotion for a week or so, but in the end I've reluctantly conceded they're simply just a bit to big and so have to go back for a fit adjustment. 
frown.gif

Sad times as I was really enjoying the sound!

Mar 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #9,101 of 10,743
Quote:
A lot of what a fine stranded Litz is capable of is theorehtical overkill for this purpose but it should be in that price bracket and I couldn't think of a better way to do a cable.

Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....

Quote:
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.

Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #9,103 of 10,743
Quote:

Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....

Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.

Glad i saw these two quotes, I ordered a new portable amp and needed a custom mini to mini.   Ordered a cable today after I pelted them with questions first and sure enough, Chritian was right on it, answered all quickly so i ordered.  I am curious to see the final product too.  Here's the link again..   http://www.plussoundaudio.com/

Mar 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #9,104 of 10,743
Quote:
Finally got a reply from Gary from JH Audio. No real response to the 4 emails I sent with no reply. It sounds like apparently they didn't get them, so I forwarded him the emails that I had sent before. 

In any case, apparently my order is going to ship soon. 
So I guess they didn't get the email where I asked for my money back either!

Ah well, will get the IEM's at least, and will see what their service is like after that. 

So far, am not very impressed. Perhaps they only really want to look after local clients, and not international ones. 

Gary is the worst person to speak to. Got my bad experience to communicate with him. He is rude and his answers/comments were abrupt and useless.
Brittany, the co-owner of JHAudio was more helpful and considerate.

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #9,105 of 10,743
how much will you guys paid for a used JH13PRO with complete accesories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back