JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #9,077 of 10,743
I listen to different stuff all day so for me, I'm sure mine changed a bit but it's not one of these prolonged things. I don't run things in while listening and use my knowns as reference so it's not a getting acustomed to thing for me. I can perfectly understand it not being apparent before you're already accustomed. I finally looked mine over for review sake and found one bubble. You can see it low left in the 1st shot. A non issue for me.

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #9,078 of 10,743
Quote:

I know some may find this gross...but have you maybe tried licking the earpieces before putting them in? a tad bit of saliva would probably lubricate the insertion as well as anything you could buy to do the job. and youd always have it with you :D

Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #9,079 of 10,743
I'm probably a little more paranoid than most, but I haven't had as much as a cold in 7 years. To re-insert my triple-flange tips I carry two little (Sansa Clip + size) bottles of both hand sanitizer and water. I dab a little sanitizer on first and then a little water on my fingers and moisten the tips.

I carry them in the pocket with my keys and not the side with my phone (DAP) in case it leaks (which it never has in 8 years). They are the mini travel side sanitizer bottles (one of which is used for water).

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #9,081 of 10,743
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!

That's a fair point. Hadn't really thought of that. I wouldn't worry about it, but I could see someone else not wanting to for that reason

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #9,084 of 10,743
Quote:

I know some may find this gross...but have you maybe tried licking the earpieces before putting them in? a tad bit of saliva would probably lubricate the insertion as well as anything you could buy to do the job. and youd always have it with you :D

I've been doing that for years. When I had my silicone T1s, they were a real B****d to get in (apparently I have very dry ears) and if I didn't have my lubricant gel with me, I'd use a bit of spit to wet the T1s. I also have some silicone noise protectors from ACS for motorcycle riding and to insert them I roll them around my mouth to wet them first.
I have even been know to wet my acrylic IEMs if my ears are particularly dry.

I've never had any issues doing this...however, I do tend to brush my teeth at least 3 times a day.

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #9,085 of 10,743
Quote:

What do those new FreqPhase waveguides look like anyways? Jude keeps saying how they look different, and it does look different in these pictures --- looks like an inner tube as well? I can't really tell from here.

Beats me. They are my only customs.

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #9,086 of 10,743
OK, I took a good look but it's kinda hard to see through mine. The drivers aren't placed in the most convenient places and look to be set for specific relative distances. There is also a mechanical position guide for the tubes coming into the tip. Only one acoustic filter. I don't see much crossover and there may be a good size coil glued to the case. Can't say for sure. It's surprising that these are less efficient than before as there doesn't seem to be much in there to be absorbing energy.

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #9,087 of 10,743
Hey, I'm new to this whole audiophile thing. I've been using CIEMs mainly for a stage monitor but now I'm currently using my Iphone 4s as my source with an EQ (like Equ or Accudio), to give my CIEM to adapt it a little more to my signature. But now I'm looking to get the CLAS db paired with the Headstage Arrow 3g or the alo rx mkII. Can I still use my  EQ software with this external DAC and amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back