JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #9,051 of 10,743
Quote:
JH13 bass is less than TF10 and UM3X by about 15-20%.  JH16 is about 15-20% more but very well done.

This is a year ago, but JH13 has much better quality bass than UM3X. With the appropriate source and amping, JH13's bass can sound very full-bodied and satisfying, while still retaining its strengths i.e. speed, details and clarity - haven't tried that with UM3X though.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #9,054 of 10,743
I've had the Comply soft wraps for about a week now. I highly recommend them! For me, the sound improvement is obvious. Till now, under certain conditions (sitting still in a quiet, dark room, just listening) there's nothing that sounds better to me than my 13's (namely, my HD 650's, HE 500's, K 702's). But, I always struggled recapture that experience while on the go - walking, on the bus, or exercising. With the Comply wraps, the sound is always awesome. It keeps the bad sounds out, and the good sounds in. Unless you're certain you've gotten a perfect fit, give it a try! 

Jan 17, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #9,055 of 10,743
i recently discovered that I left my JH-13s on an airplane when i was flying back from my recent trip home for christmas :frowning2: both flights i never put them in the seatback pocket, but on the very last flight, which was just a tiny puddle jumper from NJ to Dayton i did cuase i was super tired, and now i cant find them. So im thinking that i must have left them there...after 3 years ive been parted with my JH-13s :'(

I did put in a thing on the united website though in hopes that they find them for me, but im not particularly hopeful

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #9,056 of 10,743
Quote:
I think that's debatable.  JH13 sorely lacks mid-bass which makes it sound a bit strange.  UM3X bass sounds more correct to me.

I got my JH13s yesterday and they sound absolutely lush on my Hisound 3rd Anniversary. Less so on my Ipod touch 3g. Pretty much take on what's running them so far except for a touch extra sub bass. Smooth top without etch on either. Haven't amped them yet. They fit comfy with a perfect seal but I'm sending them back to trim a bit of length from the left ear to get a perfect sonic match. We agreed it was the fix for these critical ears. It's the nature of customs and why I had no interest in buying over international borders. If I had, I may have tried to sovlve it myself by thickening the base for a hair less insertion. Should be up and running again in a week.
bigsmile_face.gif

I'll have impressions in a couple weeks after they're back and have some hours.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #9,057 of 10,743
Quote:
i recently discovered that I left my JH-13s on an airplane when i was flying back from my recent trip home for christmas :frowning2: both flights i never put them in the seatback pocket, but on the very last flight, which was just a tiny puddle jumper from NJ to Dayton i did cuase i was super tired, and now i cant find them. So im thinking that i must have left them there...after 3 years ive been parted with my JH-13s :'(

I did put in a thing on the united website though in hopes that they find them for me, but im not particularly hopeful

Damn....that's a real bugger.  Sorry to hear this.  I really hope United comes through for you.  Perhaps being custom a cleaner or other passenger will realise and hand them in.  Try to be persistent with United if you can bear it.  Of course, there is always the new Freqphase????

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #9,058 of 10,743
Quote:

We know that you subliminally lost them so you could rationalize buying the freqphase version (wink, wink)....

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #9,059 of 10,743
Quote:
We know that you subliminally lost them so you could rationalize buying the freqphase version (wink, wink)....

Quote:
Damn....that's a real bugger.  Sorry to hear this.  I really hope United comes through for you.  Perhaps being custom a cleaner or other passenger will realise and hand them in.  Try to be persistent with United if you can bear it.  Of course, there is always the new Freqphase????

If only that were true. The only problem is that the new ones wont have signed album art on them from Circa Survive :<

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #9,060 of 10,743

Oh boy big loss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back