JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 7, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #9,016 of 10,743
I have the stock cable but it's collecting dust after I bought the silver dragon.
I covered the difference in sound couple of pages ago but more importantly it doesn't tangle like a mess like the stock one which was a big issue for me.
Definatly worth the price sonically and aesthetically.

On another note,I just sold my lcd2 r2. Yes it had a remarkable bass and were amazing with piano but that's it. It's a step down from jh13 in everything else especially imaging,resolution and soundstage. It didn't have depth or height,only width.not to mention its weight. I could never forget the headphone and just concentrate on the music like my jh13 or my previous headphones.

Next step.hd800 since I am critical to soundstage and want a headphone that does it exceptionally. If that doesn't cut it for me,then I'll save for stax.

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #9,017 of 10,743
i have a problem now with my jh13. the cable entry at the right piece is falling off. its very loose. if i hold the cable from its end and wiggle the right piece few times,it falls. pretty significant problem. i replaced my dragon cable with the stock one and it still happens. anyone encountered that? i never pl;ay with the cable or replace it frequently,only when my silver dragon came and i replaced it.the last thing i want to do is send it to jh.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #9,019 of 10,743
^^ not sure I understand what you mean by "pinch it again". What exactly should I pinch?
I think the problem is in the iem itself. The holes are looser not sure why.

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #9,021 of 10,743
So I have to send them to jh? No way.im going to live with that problem instead of sending it to bunch of people who care only for money and not their customers.

Dec 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #9,022 of 10,743
No one said to return them. If they were mine, I'd get a thin needle and try to wedge the free edge of the female connector closed a bit to make it a smaller cylinder. It's probably not a coincidence that this cropped up after switching cables. Like I said, I think these connectors are the same for many makes.

I think folks are abit too hard on custom companies and often want too much attention. Obviously not always but when they are busy, it will take longer to turn things around. You setup a business to not get too dormant during slow periods but when things get busy, it becomes harder to keep up, at least in western economies. Having to hold hands just makes the wait worse for everyone. It's also the nature of the beast to have fit issues when you source your impressions from literally hundreds of sources. The bigger you are, the more folks with reported issues even if the % is the same to smaller companies.

In another thread somebody said he made his own impessions because the custom maker will ultimately be responsable for the fit. Penny wise (almost literally in this case) and dollar foolish. Custom makers also have lots to deal with and if the client isn't a professional they are often an anal zealot..... like me. LOL These may be premium products due to price and performance but they're premium tools, not treasures. When I see guys picking their ciem company based on artwork or minor finish considerations, I wonder what's most mportant to them. Whatever that is, is great bit for me, as long as they look acceptable, fit, and sound like what I bought, I'm good.

I orderd grey with black caps with their alternate JH logos because it was free and I can easily recognize sides.
bigsmile_face.gif
The name on them is my first and phone # for siname. I'll at least have a shot at getting them back if I lose them.

Dec 16, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #9,023 of 10,743
In the Heir Tzar thread the Wizard has stated that the female connector used in UE, Heir, JH, Westone and probably others is the same. And yes they can get loose with cable changing. That is one reason why Etymotics do market the fact that you can change cable on the ER4

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #9,024 of 10,743
Mine have become quite loose over the years, probably due to trying different cables. I have resorted to bending the pins on the cable and using a bit of glue, not ideal as they eventually come loose again. I really should send them back for a makeover/repair but can't face being without them!

If I were middoo1990 and in the states and my 13's < 2 yrs old, I would get in touch with JHA

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #9,025 of 10,743
Goodvibes.thanks for your help.
Regarding getting attention, you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You couldn't be more wrong. I won't discuss my problems with jh because I wrote some of them earlier in the thread and there are some things I refrained from saying. And yes jh audio is unprofessional and money grabbers(to put it in a nice way). And stop giving BS excuses on behalf of them when you clearly didn't have a problem with them.

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #9,026 of 10,743
Yep, JH Audio after service sucks.

I just get my JH13 back from my 8th repair. I had some imbalance issue and fit issues and JH Audio messed up a lot with my several repairs (cosmetic issues added, didn't do what I asked for).
This time the imbalance issue is finally gone, but they do the left canal longer than the right so I still have some discomfort.
I wrote in the repair form that they have ti do the left canal shorter thant the right canal, I wrote in several mails the exact same thing and spend like one hour on the phone to explain the same thing.....and they ended up to do the exact contrary. How ****ed up is this?

I will have to send them back my IEM for the 9th time...great!!

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #9,027 of 10,743
Middo, I never said that you specifically were wrong or demanding nor that JH would always be right. No offense intended.

Marshall. Willing to do them 9 times means that they are trying and I'm sure some ears are tough to fit. Perhaps the reason the difference in length has to do with correcting your balance issue. I'm sure it's extrememly frustrating.

Not that it relates to JH but check the last page of the UMG group buy thread. There will always be a certain % of issues. Your's is obviously an extreme case. Good luck.

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #9,028 of 10,743
Quote:
Middo, I never said that you specifically were wrong or that JH would always be right. No offense intended.

Marshall. Willing to do them 9 times means that they are trying and I'm sure some ears are tough to fit. Perhaps the reason the difference in length has to do with correcting your balance issue. I'm sure it's extremely frustrating.

Man I sure hope I dodge the bullet when I get my 8As... :frowning2: Just reading all this negativity about fit issues is not making me very comfortable....
rolleyes.gif

Crossing my fingers that my experience with my Custom TF10s helped me to dodge the bullet this time (changed how I did my ear impressions this time around)....

Dec 17, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #9,030 of 10,743
lol I think I did mine similar. I used my index finger sideways to hold open the front of my jaw. Last time I used my index finger and my middle finger so my mouth was very wide open lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back