[Impression] FiiO E10
Jul 29, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #1,201 of 1,324
Hi, first post here.

After reading this forum for quite some time I finally decided to go with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro with the FiiO e10 for my desktop. The sound of these is simply amazing, so thanks for your helpful posts! 
regular_smile .gif

But there is one problem that was already mentioned. The e10 seems to go into idle when nothing is playing, so there's a delay of a few split seconds before you can hear the sound. I find it most noticeable with the windows sounds (the sound for changing directories in the explorer is completely gone). Also, for example if you listen to the Mario theme on youtube, it's extremely choppy. But if I have music on while doing something, everything is perfectly fine. I already tried disabling the option for usb idle in the energy options, that didn't help.

So my main question is: Would a powered usb hub fix the problem? Or is there no way to fix it

Jul 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #1,202 of 1,324
Hi, first post here.

After reading this forum for quite some time I finally decided to go with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro with the FiiO e10 for my desktop. The sound of these is simply amazing, so thanks for your helpful posts! 
regular_smile%20.gif

But there is one problem that was already mentioned. The e10 seems to go into idle when nothing is playing, so there's a delay of a few split seconds before you can hear the sound. I find it most noticeable with the windows sounds (the sound for changing directories in the explorer is completely gone). Also, for example if you listen to the Mario theme on youtube, it's extremely choppy. But if I have music on while doing something, everything is perfectly fine. I already tried disabling the option for usb idle in the energy options, that didn't help.

So my main question is: Would a powered usb hub fix the problem? Or is there no way to fix it

Nice, I have the same "rig"! Had you tried conecting it to a 3.0 Usb?

Jul 30, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #1,204 of 1,324
Quote:
Yes, I tried every port on my PC, it's the always exactly the same.

Try this:

Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Device Manager - Universal Serial Bus Controllers

Look for 'USB Root Hub' right click and Properties

Select 'Power Management' tab

Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

You need to do this for all hubs if more than one appear.

Jul 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #1,205 of 1,324
I checked it, but this option you mentioned was already disabled for every single hub, so still no luck. I guess my only option at this point is buying a self powered hub. I just hope it actually fixes my problem. 

Aug 11, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #1,208 of 1,324
Great review- thanks for all the hard work!

Mine should be here Wednesday.  Just looking to power iGrados and Sennheiser PX-100II's out of our PC's.  Looking forward to my fist Fiio experience.

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #1,209 of 1,324
Help needed!!!

The Fiio E10 has four 100uf electrolytic smd caps on its circuit board. Can anyone please tell me what each leg of those caps is connected to?

If anyone has the schematics for the E10 it will be extremely helpful too.

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #1,213 of 1,324
Hi,

Is this normal when I set bitrate at 24bit/96000hz all sounds starts somehow "fading in" or something... I really can't explain, it's like a lag. But when it's on 16 bit, everything's fine. Should I be worried? I'm a total noob, I know. Just want to make sure if everything's ok.

And WTH is this??!:
http://i.imgur.com/K4JagIO.jpg

It was ticked only on 48khz when I first plugged in, so I left it. (it lets you tick the other ones too)

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,215 of 1,324
  I checked it, but this option you mentioned was already disabled for every single hub, so still no luck. I guess my only option at this point is buying a self powered hub. I just hope it actually fixes my problem. 

Is your model the newest revision (with "Olympus" on the case)? I was thinking of picking one of these up, since discussion earlier in this thread made it sound like the delay issue had been resolved with v3, but now I'm worried that the issue is still present even on the latest version. Can anyone else with a recent purchase of the newest version chime in on the delay effect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back