[Impression] FiiO E10
Jan 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #751 of 1,324

Quote:
I am very sorry about that, but it is the only solution we can find because we are not the designer of TE7022 or WM8740. The reason why E17 will have not such problem, it is because the TE7022 output SPDIF signal to WM8804 first, and them WM8804 output the IIS to WM8740.

of course, this small bugs can be solved at the same way but it will add the cost. in fact, the first user who report such bugs is use E10 to music edit but not for listening.

BTW, We will try to do our best to make a perfect products, but please give us time to do that, and thanks for report any bugs or mistake, we will fix it if we can. And I hope you can understand that sometimes it is just small bugs or sometimes it is just few case in 10 thousand users.

we had sold out more than 500,000 units in last year. of course, it is not a reason to make any mistake , so you can contact our sales agents or contact us directly if our products is not suitable for you can we are apologize to any of our user that feel disappoint .

So, just for clarification, over USB there wouldn't be any cut-off with the E17?

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #752 of 1,324
Myself and a couple of other users mentioned the pause issue a few times way back in the thread to no avail, glad to finally get an answer to this problem.

After returning my E10 due to the jack issue I was waiting for the February revision, now I'm thinking of going for the HUD-MX1 instead.

Has anyone had the chance to do a direct comparison of these units, and what are your thoughts?

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #753 of 1,324
Mike from Headfonia recommended it over E17. Fiio products are average - they benefit from lower price and vast functionality and although they are using decent components,  bad quality control is an issue. BTW I also waiting for replacement/repair my E10 but I'll keep it as a DAC for LittleDot Mk III I've recently ordered.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #754 of 1,324

Quote:
Myself and a couple of other users mentioned the pause issue a few times way back in the thread to no avail, glad to finally get an answer to this problem.

After returning my E10 due to the jack issue I was waiting for the February revision, now I'm thinking of going for the HUD-MX1 instead.

Has anyone had the chance to do a direct comparison of these units, and what are your thoughts?

According to Mike(Headfonia) the MX-1 overs a more spacious sound with better instrument seperation.  You do lose a bit of that mid-range fullness that the E10 has.

Jan 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #755 of 1,324

Quote:
The cut-off is only noticeable if the first 0.7ms of audio contain sound information rather than silence, which isn't the case for most tracks. Furthermore, audio players that support gapless playback don't open a new audio stream for every track but prebuffer the next track in their playlist so that they basically send one continuous bitstream to the E10--only the first song played would be affected. Still, things like system alert sounds, certain songs, non-gapless players can be subject to the issue. That aside, the WM8740 chip the E10 uses is a great-sounding DAC and the E10 is an aesthetically well-designed device; I wish the functional quality was of the same level.

I've noticed it with iTunes on Mac, If I listen to gapless tracks from beginning the prebuffer will hide the problem, but if I start the track from almost the end the gapless will be interruped with the cut-off.

Now the you mentioned system allert sound, I've noticed that my allert system sound very funny, now I know why…

For me it's not a real problem and i have to say I realy like the E10, no jack problem here

ciao
Davide

Jan 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #756 of 1,324
I do not have any issue with the E10 . I have to say for less than $100.00 , I really enjoy the E10. I listen mostly to Spotify premium ( off-line mode) and I do not experience and gap from the beginning of any tracks and the same with CDs. Mylaptop is the Sony Viao.

Frankly, I do not expect these Fiio's devices last a long time. If they do last over a year or so, I am okay with the money that I 've spent on the Made in China gadgets. So far , the only issue I have is the E7 when docking with the E9, one of my E7 works perfect and the other E7 has sound only in one channel. I will have to send the E7 back for a replacement. Other than that, FiiO guys , keep on doing a good job. Champaign for beer budget, simply cannot beat that.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #757 of 1,324

Quote:

Bought the MX1 as my first dac/amp and think if you don't have a lot of experience you will be very happy with it. Heck, a lot of people with heaps of experience are happy with it and the E10/17. Certainly appears to be better quality control on the Audinst though but this has been discussed extensively and put down to the volume of units put out by Fiio. 

I was originally planning on getting an E10/17 to compare it with and keep the one i preferred. Will now probably just spend that money on new cans as i am very happy with the performance of the MX1 and will likely see a bigger change getting new headphones. The MX1 and K240 MkII is very nice but i guess it comes down to your sound signature preference which is hugely subjective.

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #759 of 1,324
I skimmed though the 50 pages, but I would like an answer to this question ....

This is quoted from another review E10, I can't even link it since its from a Ex Headf'ier :)

"The big players like Apple have locked up the best manufacturing in China and the smaller companies, like FiiO, are often having to really struggle to maintain quality at a decent price"

Maintaining quality is the important part here. Hence the reason customers are having problems with the products that are made in China, I'm not singling out FiiO has they are not the only one having quality control issues.

If E10 is a killer, as said in the OPs review, how come a lot of people are having problems ?

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #760 of 1,324

Quote:
I skimmed though the 50 pages, but I would like an answer to this question ....

This is quoted from another review E10, I can't even link it since its from a Ex Headf'ier :)

"The big players like Apple have locked up the best manufacturing in China and the smaller companies, like FiiO, are often having to really struggle to maintain quality at a decent price"

Maintaining quality is the important part here. Hence the reason customers are having problems with the products that are made in China, I'm not singling out FiiO has they are not the only one having quality control issues.

If E10 is a killer, as said in the OPs review, how come a lot of people are having problems ?

The problems are, as a whole, not terribly serious and don't effect that many people.  There are a few problems with the headphone jack coming loose, but people have had those replaced with no problems and Fiio is releasing a new version with an improved jack next month.  Just treat it gently and it should be fine though.  The brief cutoff issue is designed in (not the result of poor QC), and very few people have noticed it.  They have a solution for it in the E17, but my guess is that it would increase the price of the E10 too much to add it in.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #761 of 1,324
To my knowledge, FiiO has sold well over 10k units of E10 last year alone. Even if there is 100 users reporting issue (and so far I haven't see that many, at least in Head-fi), it is still just 1% faulty rate. Unfortunately, most people only see the number '100', but not the '1%' . You can go out as ask most electronic manufacturers about their faulty rate, I'll bet it is well over 1% (just check Apple's or Sandisk's forum). Of course, even at 1% rate, it is still 100% faulty for that 100 unlucky user, and 100 complaints on the internet are A LOT. I can't blame people for starting to question the build quality, but people never see pass the number for the meaning behinds it. To make it worst, we never quite see enough posting form those 9900. It is all going downhill from that point onward.

E10 has became my main desktop DAC for my PC since I got it 4 months ago. I have had no problem with either the headphone jack or noticed any cutoff issue (I don't even know about it until someone mentioned it here). I am just happen to be one of the 9900 users, why shouldn't I think it is a killer product?

p/s: just to get the fact straight, most manufacturers that do OEM works for Apple in China are no China companies. They are Taiwan company that have factories in China because the cost of labor has became too expensive in Taiwan since late 90's. Most of them don't even sell their product directly in China. A good example will be Foxconn.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #762 of 1,324
I have had no problems with my E10 except with the JVC FXT90 IEM (the fault of the IEM than of the UDAC/amp). Playing the W4 through it now as I type and it sounds glorious!!

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #763 of 1,324

Quote:
To my knowledge, FiiO has sold well over 10k units of E10 last year alone. Even if there is 100 users reporting issue (and so far I haven't see that many, at least in Head-fi), it is still just 1% faulty rate. Unfortunately, most people only see the number '100', but not the '1%' . You can go out as ask most electronic manufacturers about their faulty rate, I'll bet it is well over 1% (just check Apple's or Sandisk's forum). Of course, even at 1% rate, it is still 100% faulty for that 100 unlucky user, and 100 complaints on the internet are A LOT. I can't blame people for starting to question the build quality, but people never see pass the number for the meaning behinds it. To make it worst, we never quite see enough posting form those 9900. It is all going downhill from that point onward.

E10 has became my main desktop DAC for my PC since I got it 4 months ago. I have had no problem with either the headphone jack or noticed any cutoff issue (I don't even know about it until someone mentioned it here). I am just happen to be one of the 9900 users, why shouldn't I think it is a killer product?

p/s: just to get the fact straight, most manufacturers that do OEM works for Apple in China are no China companies. They are Taiwan company that have factories in China because the cost of labor has became too expensive in Taiwan since late 90's. Most of them don't even sell their product directly in China. A good example will be Foxconn.

I bought all my Fiio's piece ( D3/E6/E7/E9/E10) from B & H and I did not experience any of the symptoms described. I did get paranoid after reading a few complaints but so far so good, no complaints at all.

Clieos, I owned 2 E7s and I use one E7 hooked straight to the RCA output of my CDP. It's sound great BUT I did hear a little short " tick" at the beginning of the track after a silent from previous track. It does not interfere with the SQ of music, but I am curious to know why. It does not happen on some CDs though .

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #764 of 1,324
If you are using the AUX-in (fed by CD's RCA), E7 will be in analog mode (purely as an amp). It shouldn't tick or pop on its own. It is most likely from the CD player.switching from one data stream to another. I notice the same on some DAP as well, but generally is is very fade.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #765 of 1,324

Quote:
If you are using the AUX-in (fed by CD's RCA), E7 will be in analog mode (purely as an amp). It shouldn't tick or pop on its own. It is most likely from the CD player.switching from one data stream to another. I notice the same on some DAP as well, but generally is is very fade.

Okay, I need a bit help here. I have one of the E7 dock on the E9 using USB port of my HP One touch. I have an extra E7 that I want to use as a DAC and an amp BUT I want to use my CDP as a source. What's " L" cable to i need? or it cannot be done that way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back