[Impression] FiiO E10
Dec 21, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #589 of 1,324

Quote:
Just got the E10

There is a rattling sound when I shake it, like something is loose inside it, is this normal??

I just shake my E10 and hear the same... something loose, but it sounds great, no problems detected so far with my 2nd E10.

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #591 of 1,324

Quote:
Had my E10 since the end of October.  Today I noticed the noisy headphone jack.  Too late for an exchange (purchased through Amazon from Sound Around)?  This sucks, because I really like this amp.

We can contact FiiO I suppose for warranty, I wonder what the process is?

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #592 of 1,324
I have a question for you guys who have issues with looseness...are you all running down the street with your laptop or pc strapped to your back while you are using the E10?  I ask that because I do notice some looseness but if it is sitting safely on my desk or table, my cats head or on my xgfs back, it is perfectly fine. 

Are people experiencing serious looseness ( gigiddy ) because I really don't have that much toggle on my E10.  There is a little bit, but no where near enough to complain over.  What am I missing?

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #593 of 1,324

Quote:

Are people experiencing serious looseness ( gigiddy ) because I really don't have that much toggle on my E10.  There is a little bit, but no where near enough to complain over.  What am I missing?

If you move your headphone cable while inserted on the HO even on "normal" units, a small movement will happen, but the sound will be the same (no problem at all)

But on defective units, you connect your headphones, start enjoying music, and let's say, you move you head, or your body position, or even the cable a little, you will suffer from the sympthoms already described. In my case even from the moment I connected the headphone plug, I had to play with it like 1-2 minutes to be able to hear without any problems and find the sweet spot.

If yours doesn't suffer from any distortion whatever you do, then you are lucky :) You got one of the good ones (accordingly to fiao the 99% or so)

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:38 PM Post #594 of 1,324
Wow, I feel bad for those who had the problem.  I can shift my headphones plug around in circles as well as back and forth with no hint of any distortion or typical busted input jack sounds.  :[ 

*salutes 

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #595 of 1,324
Quote:
I have a question for you guys who have issues with looseness...are you all running down the street with your laptop or pc strapped to your back while you are using the E10?  I ask that because I do notice some looseness but if it is sitting safely on my desk or table, my cats head or on my xgfs back, it is perfectly fine. 

In many cases the "looseness" appears to be causing this to happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R600xGw-O8s

As you can see there is minimal movement in the jack, I know this because I had the exact same problem.

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #596 of 1,324
Warning I think i rambled a bit.

No sleep one take and yes I mispronounced some names and its a crappy encode.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #598 of 1,324

Quote:
Warning I think i rambled a bit.

No sleep one take and yes I mispronounced some names and its a crappy encode.

Thanks for the review!

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #599 of 1,324
I just noticed something I'm using mumble for voice chat and if I have no audio playing and someone starts talking the first word has a fade-in like the first part of the word is un-amplified 

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #600 of 1,324
Quote:
I just noticed something I'm using mumble for voice chat and if I have no audio playing and someone starts talking the first word has a fade-in like the first part of the word is un-amplified 

This is an issue that I and someone else found too. I think somebody said it was possibly due to the E10 not being asynchronous but there hasn't been a definate explanation.

Again, the issue seems to be that when any new audio source is played there is a tiny fade in/lag/audio dropout/however you want to desribe it at the very beginning.

Can somebody help explain why this is? I tried reading about asynchronicity but I don't think I understood it enough to figure out how that would cause the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back