If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be?
Mar 21, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #32 of 44
e-Q7 for me. Probably the best all around IEM I've had so far.

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #33 of 44
Fischer audio Eterna. Or Sm3. Extremely hard....and then there's the new Atrio. Fischer audio Eterna.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #34 of 44

Quote:
e-Q7 for me. Probably the best all around IEM I've had so far.

Really? I thought the er4's were the ultimate for you!

Quote:
Fischer audio Eterna. Or Sm3. Extremely hard....and then there's the new Atrio. Fischer audio Eterna.

Wow the eterna ranks that highly with you! Thats impressive considering the other IEM's you have tried.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #37 of 44

Quote:
Really? I thought the er4's were the ultimate for you!

Wow the eterna ranks that highly with you! Thats impressive considering the other IEM's you have tried.

Great sound, isolation, good build quality, superb fit. They pretty much go everywhere with me. Eq down the warmness a tiny bit and they proceed to be perfect. Same as the Sm3 but for slightly different reasons. These are the only phones that make me not worry about customs. Their ultra comfy past it by miles. They sorta kinda adapt to the ears shape.

Dec 24, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #40 of 44
HI!
If you could only keep one single IEM/headphone of your whole collection, which one would you keep, and why?

Personally, from the phones I own at the moment (SM3, RE-252, IE8, Radiopaq Jazz, HD-555) I think I would keep the SM3, because they offer the best balance between isolation, sound quality and comfort. I like my IE8, but only enjoy them during bedtime, low volume listening. They don't get much more eartime than this. Moreover, isolation is poor so it's not very good for commute.
The HD555 are simply outclassed by all my other phones (except the Radiopaq I bought as a backup). And finally, I really love the RE-252 on my Musiland DAC, and I think I like them even more than my SM3 at home. But outside (on commute), I find isolation could be better and they somewhat lack bass in noisy environment. So I would pick the SM3 as a general purpose IEM.

And you?
smily_headphones1.gif
For me, as of today… it would have to be my U12T. It took a lot to get me to finally get this IEM but now that I am here, I just can’t see myself leaving .

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #41 of 44
I only have one at the moment so I think I have made the decision for myself
FiR Audio XE6

Wow didn’t notice it was such an old thread , lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back