IE8 vs. Monster Turbine Pro Copper/Gold/MD for "Techno"
Jun 4, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #136 of 199
I hate to keep reiterating the obvious but a graph is but one page in a book.  You still need to read the whole book to get the full story.

Jun 4, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #137 of 199

Quote:
Comply tips don't give the best sound (they occlude the treble). Don't use them! The white foam supertips are much better.

This is true, treble disappears with Comply tips. However, they are by far the most comfortable to sleep with though, thats pretty much the only time I use them (but almost every night). I can move around as much as I want and any way I want, they will not go too deep or come out.

With other eartips, laying on the pillow feels like getting molested (especially with triple flange, which are the best in every other area IMO) and it changes the sound because the tips are bending in your ears.

But, then again, these are my personal experiences.

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #138 of 199
Those are fascinating graphs...I was really wondering what I was missing out on with Coppers and SM3, but as I listen to the IE8 more and more I am happy with them.  I really like them with electronic music.  I turn up the treble, though!

Quote:
I just noticed that according the HeadRoom, the IE8s with the bass knob turned all the way up perform very similarly to the turbine pro coppers.  I know that graphs don't tell the whole story, but I though it was interesting at least.  It isn't possible that monster licenses the driver from Sennheiser, is it?

Jun 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #140 of 199
yeah i know graphs are not everything but i have already tried the coppers and golds so its copper > golds for bass for me.
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #142 of 199

Quote:
Those are fascinating graphs...I was really wondering what I was missing out on with Coppers and SM3, but as I listen to the IE8 more and more I am happy with them.  I really like them with electronic music.  I turn up the treble, though!

Your missing out on quite a lot,  The coppers really are a step or two up on the evolutionary scale to the ie8 and the SM3 are on a whole different plain of existtance to the ie8 ,imho 
popcorn.gif

Jun 5, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #143 of 199
Got the coppers 5 days ago. They were used and already had a few hundred hours of burn in. I now have the IE8, MTPG, and MTPC. I have been listening to the copper and the IE8 recently, and while the coppers are a nice step up form the gold, it still can't touch the IE8 in terms of sq.

Jun 5, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #144 of 199

Quote:
Got the coppers 5 days ago. They were used and already had a few hundred hours of burn in. I now have the IE8, MTPG, and MTPC. I have been listening to the copper and the IE8 recently, and while the coppers are a nice step up form the gold, it still can't touch the IE8 in terms of sq.

You love your ie8s! I bet you'd like it more than the sm3, too. Maybe over customs!

Many people thought the golds were equal or better than the ie8 and the coppers were clearly better, but everyone's ears are different.

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #145 of 199

Quote:
You love your ie8s! I bet you'd like it more than the sm3, too. Maybe over customs!

Many people thought the golds were equal or better than the ie8 and the coppers were clearly better, but everyone's ears are different.

Whenever I see a comment that puts the Golds and Coppers in similar proximity I just know they have to be inserting the tips too deep or having fit issues.  I had a similar experience till I read about how sensitive the Coppers were to insertion depth and tip choice.  Once I was able to pull them further out of my canal while maintaining a seal they really distanced themselves.  Or you could be right and his ears just dont match up to the Coppers.  

Jun 6, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #146 of 199
I tried the IE8 too together with the MTPC and MTPG. my own subjective verdict is MTPC >IE8 > MTPG
smile_phones.gif

Jun 6, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #147 of 199

Quote:

My contention is when people say that the coppers or golds blow the IE8 out of the water. That's not what my ears tell me. I'll admit that the coppers are a very enjoyable listen as well and I think that they have a slight improvement in clarity,bass and not as warm sounding compared to the IE8. All other aspects to me are a toss up and I prefer the IE8's overall sound presentation.

Jun 6, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #149 of 199
Some peeps say the IE8 blow the Golds and Coppers out of the water, fair's fair. Can't wait to get my Golds, gonna compare them big time to the IE8.

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #150 of 199

Quote:

And you just love your coppers too!  Don't you kitty?

You know the song "love the one you're with"? It's a kinda terrible song, really, when applied to people. But, I'm happy with the coppers, and unlike the song, they match what I want. They aren't the best universal out there, probably. And they certainly aren't for everyone. I think they could use a just a little more transparency and spaciousness. Also, my i5th gen pod doesn't quite have the juice to run them at low listening volume, so I'm looking at a ibasso t3--that fits my "money I don't need to spend" budget" better than a $400+ earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back