Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Nov 19, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #1,591 of 3,643
check out the backbeatpro....sounds more open than the B&O

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,592 of 3,643
Hi,

This is my first post so please forgive any technical error or my ignorance.

I've been using a Parrot Zik 2 during a few months until last week when I discovered one of the sponges was broken (unsticked). Fortunately I was under warranty, so I returned back the headphones.

Now I'm looking for another headphones, and I've read almost any thread in this forum! These are my principal requirements:

* bluetooth
* stylish (like Sennh M2 AEBT, Zik, MDR-1ABT)
* aac over anc (supposing difference worth)
* active noise cancellation
* over-ear
* comfortable (last Zik headphones were almost small, sometimes I felt uncomfortable)
* <400€ (425$)

I'll mainly use them to hear apple music with my iPhone, so aptx & nfc aren't necessary. Tactile control isn't needed because I have an apple watch for that. I'm used to my Zik so small battery live is not a problem at this moment. I'm not an audiophile and I like every music genre, so I don't have any particular requirement about bass, or something like that. If we can avoid these non needed functions may be price would be lower.

I'll try to test any suggestion you give me in order to get the headphones that sound better to my ear.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #1,593 of 3,643
Hi,

This is my first post so please forgive any technical error or my ignorance.

I've been using a Parrot Zik 2 during a few months until last week when I discovered one of the sponges was broken (unsticked). Fortunately I was under warranty, so I returned back the headphones.

Now I'm looking for another headphones, and I've read almost any thread in this forum! These are my principal requirements:

I think of the ones I know, it is still the Parrot Zik that is your best bet, unless their small ears are unbearably uncomfortable.  It has everything you are looking for, you know them, and the direct use of the Apple *.aac format, much in the same way that others use the apt-x (that Apple doesn't use), is unusual...only a few other models use that as well as the Parrot Zik.

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #1,594 of 3,643
Thanks for your answer. Zik would be almost perfect if there wasn't quality problems with "sponges" (is this the right word?) and maybe if they would be a little bigger. Perhaps zik 3.0 will resolve quality problems, but as far as I know, size will be identical.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #1,595 of 3,643
Yep. Zik 3 is the same as 2 on all aspects of physical construction, I believe.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #1,596 of 3,643
anyone listen to the master and dynamic mw60?
http://www.masterdynamic.com/products/mw60-wireless-over-ear-headphones

wonder how it compares to the Momentum 2

Nov 24, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,597 of 3,643
It took me a while but i finally have read through this whole thread. So much great info, thank you to everyone who has posted.
I feel like my top three choices have changed at least a half dozen times and i'm almost as confused now as when i started.

The one issue i'm having is not knowing which sources people are using to review their headphones, with or without aptx etc.

I know most people here are using sources with aptx, unfortunately i am stuck with an iphone/ipad as my source.
So i am wondering those of you out there who also use apple sources, are there any favorites from this thread to avoid?

I listen to a little bit of everything and i wouldn't consider myself a bass head but i do like to know its there.
For example i have the fidelio m1mkii (i think this is basically the wired m2bt)  and like the sound, but i think i might want around ear.

ANC is not necessary but i use on my daily commute and when traveling so a good amount of isolation is required

my short list now includes:
backbeat pro
m2bt
845bt
stance s1+
bose ae2 (i want to these to be good but everything i read says they are not)

feel free to recommend any others, i was also looking at the liberate xlbt, since i just saw amazon has a deal on them. 

Another question i was thinking about, is there a suggested adapter i could use to turn my m1mkii into a wireless option?

thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #1,598 of 3,643
It took me a while but i finally have read through this whole thread. So much great info, thank you to everyone who has posted.
I feel like my top three choices have changed at least a half dozen times and i'm almost as confused now as when i started.

The one issue i'm having is not knowing which sources people are using to review their headphones, with or without aptx etc.

I know most people here are using sources with aptx, unfortunately i am stuck with an iphone/ipad as my source.
So i am wondering those of you out there who also use apple sources, are there any favorites from this thread to avoid?

I listen to a little bit of everything and i wouldn't consider myself a bass head but i do like to know its there.
For example i have the fidelio m1mkii (i think this is basically the wired m2bt)  and like the sound, but i think i might want around ear.

ANC is not necessary but i use on my daily commute and when traveling so a good amount of isolation is required

my short list now includes:
backbeat pro
m2bt
845bt
stance s1+
bose ae2 (i want to these to be good but everything i read says they are not)

feel free to recommend any others, i was also looking at the liberate xlbt, since i just saw amazon has a deal on them. 

Another question i was thinking about, is there a suggested adapter i could use to turn my m1mkii into a wireless option?

thanks in advance for any help you can give.

If you like the M1mk2 wired then the M2BT have the same style and form factor, similar sound quality with the added convenience of remote buttons to control your music.
The only other pair on your lost that I have tried are the 845 bt which in my opinion are better sounding bt headphones. There's something much more refined about the sound than the philips. They are also over ear, super comfy and pretty stylish as well.
With regards to Aptx vs non Aptx devices, I pair my bt headphones with my Note 3 playing flac cd rips over aptx and they sound great. I also play standard itune rips from my ipod and ipad and although I've never A/B tested them with the same tracks I never feel that the Apple devices sound bad. You've got me curious now, I feel and A/B test coming on and I'll report back.

Nov 24, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #1,600 of 3,643
That would be great, i look forward to reading your findings.

OK so after a limited test between a few Kings of Leon and Foofighters tracks (I don't really use my ipad much for music so only have a handful of albums on there) the aptx enabled Note 3 does come out slightly in front for my tastes but the differnces are quite subtle and without comparing them back to back you'd never know. My advice would therefore go aptx if you have an aptx device because the sound is a step up from standard bluetooth. However, don't worry too much if you don't, the bluetooth protocol used by Apple (not sure what it is) sounds perfectly fine. In fact it's reminded me how much I enjoy listening to these headphones!!

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #1,601 of 3,643
I LOVE my AKG K845 BT headphones. They have an open sound reminiscent of my beloved Grados, they are comfortable, and they pair easily and reliably with the source.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #1,602 of 3,643
there is a NEW Backbeatpro PLUS on the mkt...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015ST2Q18?refRID=9361GGGCNVNA3AG9CB6R&ref_=pd_ybh_a_18

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #1,603 of 3,643
Some quick notes based on all BT's I've owned and/or tested - always with iPhone, tested with both ALAC and AAC over a wide range of music (metal, prog, piano, orchestral, chamber, operatic, etc.)

- Sennheiser MM450: my first pair and I was amazed with the wirelessness, but the sound wasn't great and the noise-cancellation was too heavy-handed. I used them for a year and in the end the one earpiece stopped working. Given to wife for TV listening
- Denon Globe Cruiser: these were reduced on Amazon from €400 to €120, after trying them I understand why, totally crap - no mid, no trebble, just soggy, muffled bass. Worst headphones I've ever heard. Sent back

I then bought the following three in parallel and tried them side-by-side for a week:

- Parrot Zik 1: comfy & stylish, but not great sounding and heavy-handed ANC. Poor battery life and no external charger, I realised I'd be fiddling with the app more than listening to the music. The very worst thing though was the physical noise of foot-steps that transmits to the ears, this alone made them unusable. Sent back
- Sony MDR1RBT MK1: really comfy and easy to use, long, long battery life, but I hated the sound, way too accentuated on the mids and very sensitive to how you wear them on your head. The ports on the side catch the wind when out and about, making a howling noise. Passive noise reduction not very good, could hardly hear them when on a train. Sent back
- Logitech UE 9000: bulky and heavy, with reasonable battery life, but sounded fabulous. The ANC was subtle and just enough to take the edge of external events without overwhelming. I kept these, but after a few months they started to fall apart, I complained and got a refund. Logitech don't appear to have made a successor. Shame, I loved these headphones - Dream Theater in particular sounded really excellent on them.

Then I went through a few more over the course of a few weeks:

- Harmon Kardon BT (the square things): these didn't sound too bad, but they felt like they would fall-apart at any moment and the head)band creaked when you moved your head. Plus they made you look like a freak. Send back
- AKG 845: considering they were running SBC, the sound was good, very good, but rather too dry and, TBH, I found it very fatiguing. They also howled when caught outside in wind and the lack of controls on the headphones themselves was a mystery. Sent back
- Philips Fidelio M2BTBK: on paper looked good and great reviews, but in reality I found them way too bass heavy and actually way too tight on my head, so much that after 30 minutes my ears were in pain. Sent back
- Sony MDR-10RBT: Cheaper cousin of the 1RBT for 1/2 the price. A little too bass heavy and not very exciting, but for €125 they are comfortable with a long battery life and decent passive noise reduction. I kept these as an interim pair until something decent comes along.

As mentioned in previous post, I've been totally blown-away by the B&O H8's. I know someone suggested Plantronic Back-beat, but I don't like the way they look at all, the B&O's exude a bit of class and the black ones are quite subtle.

I'd be in the market for some Sennheiser Momentum Wireless, but for some bizarre reason they don't have AAC - What is that all about? Zik's look gaudy to me and no doubt they still suffer from the problems I had with the MK1's.

The Sony MBR1ABT's sounded pretty good, but for €200 extra, the B&O's with ANC and premium style/materials, much better proposition.

All-in-all, a triumph for Amazon's return policy...

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #1,604 of 3,643
i auditioned the H8 and BBPro together..the BBPro sounded more spacious , more air,  quite suitable for classical music.

The definitely tech symphony 1 is also v spacious but with a thicker more full bodied sound.

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #1,605 of 3,643
  i auditioned the H8 and BBPro together..the BBPro sounded more spacious , more air,  quite suitable for classical music.

The definitely tech symphony 1 is also v spacious but with a thicker more full bodied sound.

OK, I'll perhaps order a pair to try them out, but they really don't look good, methinks.

I have to say I listen more to prog-metal and prog more than classical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back