Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones - post your own comparisons here
Nov 26, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #1,606 of 3,643
* bluetooth
* stylish (like Sennh M2 AEBT, Zik, MDR-1ABT)
* aac over anc (supposing difference worth)
* active noise cancellation
* over-ear
* comfortable (last Zik headphones were almost small, sometimes I felt uncomfortable)
* <400€ (425$)

The MDR-1ABT have AAC support (as well as AptX, LDAC and SBC of course).  They also tick all of the above boxes except for the ANC.

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #1,607 of 3,643
Hi, everyone!

After finding this little gem of a site while looking to purchase my first pair of BT/wired headphones and seeking a good sounding pair I find it best for someone to possibly guide me in for what I'm looking for.
I do really care for audio quality and range, I'm coming from a pair of Sony MDR-X10 Simon Cowell edition and I enjoy the sound and slight bass boost of those but everything else seems to get a little muffled and I'm not a fan of the slightly uncomfortable ear surrounds.
I plan on it for mostly iPhone music use but have a stereo amp where I'll use it for vinyl records, amplified iPod, gaming and guitar/bass playing.
What I basically want

-Under $225 range
-Bluetooth
-Microphone
-Optional 3.5mm cable plug in
-Don't care too much for ANC would prefer AAC if I had to choose
-Over ear design
-Good clean true to sound is preferred but has/has option for a good powerful bass boost without killing the mids or highs (I mostly listen to Classic Rock/Alternative/Indie but still enjoy noticeable bass)
-Style isn't the biggest issue
-Comfortable for long sessions

My shortlist as of now is
-Plantronics Backbeat Pro
-Pendulumic Stance S1+
-House of Marley Liberate XLBT
-Sony MDR-XB950BT
-Meelectronics Air-Fi Matrix2

Thanks in advance, guys!

Nov 27, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #1,608 of 3,643
After reading through most of the thread and getting a few headphones to test I want to contribute something back.

But I am far from being an audiophile or having special ears, I did most of my listening on cheap in ears, 128kbit mp3s or even 64kbit aac he
ph34r.gif
, so I can mostly comment on comfort and usability. Just recently I got a mh1c. Also my only aptx source died just a few days before, so I had to test on my old backup phone xperia arc s. I find it sounds suprisingly good though, maybe the custom rom I have copied aptx support from another xperia ...

I tried a few at the store (my aptx source was alive then), here are some short notes:
Sony XB50 - just too much bass for me, also the bass felt dirty and uprecise for a lack of better words
Sony 1ABT - really liked it but outside my budget
Philips Fidelio m2bt - bluetooth cutouts, probably due to dozens of other bluetooth devices in the store, the other devices worked fine though
Urbanite XL - liked the sound, but touch controls

And here are the ones I ordered home and tested for a few days, in order of preference
Most notably the new kid on the block, the AKG Y50BT - I really dig the look in black.

I don't have a huge head, the cap I wear right now is S-M sized.

Comfort:
Sony MDR10 - being the only over ear they are also the most comfortable
AKG Y50BT - unfortunately after a short while they are painful to my ears :frowning2:
Panasonic RP-BTD5-K - they are pretty light but have a strong grip, the pain comes faster than Y50, the headband isnt padded
AKG Y45BT - they have the same grip as Y50, but apply it to a smaller surface area on an inner ring of your ear, totally discomforting

Sound:
AKG Y50BT - juicy, precise bass and sub bass, the rest feels balanced to my humble untrained ears
AKG Y45BT - also very nice sound, would have chosen them for portability if not for comfort and usability issues
Panasonic RP-BTD5-K - it isn't that bad, at least to my untrained ears, not bass heavy, I think I could live with that after some burn-in
Sony MDR10 - muddy, flabby bass catapults them to the bottom of this comparison, its also boosted too much to my taste

Noise Isolation:
Sony MDR10 - over ear shields a bit better than on ear
AKG Y50BT - it shields pretty good because of its wide surface area and pressure, but I hear my own footsteps which is something to get used to
AKG Y45BT - they shielded ok if you have found a good ear position
Panasonic RP-BTD5-K - they left the most noise in, but in traffic it also can be good

Grip:
Sony MDR10 - they didn't apply this much pressure, but being over ear, they just held onto my ears, wouldn't stay thru a headbanging session though.
Panasonic RP-BTD5-K - they have good grip and are light, so they stayed where they belonged
AKG Y50BT - they have good pressure but are pretty heavy, bending down, they barely stay on my head, would fly off on any sudden movement
AKG Y45BT- if I bend down they fall off, ruled them out immediately, worst case they will fall off as I am trying to pick up dog poo 
biggrin.gif

Usability:
Panasonic RP-BTD5-K - this is where Panasonic is king, big, easy to find buttons, even with gloves, I was even able to press them with my left hand while holding the dog leash with the right,full button set with skip buttons
Sony MDR10 - much harder to navigate with gloves on, but possilbe, full button set with skip buttons
AKG Y50BT - well, its better that Y45, that for sure, could be navigated with gloves with training, ufortunately, no skip buttons, sure, you can double klick for next track but what if I want to fast forward a few minutes in a long dj set, have to get out the phone :frowning2:
AKG Y45BT - tiny, fiddly buttons, almost impossible to navigate with gloves on, no skip buttons

At the end of my test I am still torn.
Shall I go for the sound of y50 and its looks, but live with discomfort.
Shall I go for the sony for comfort, and live with its sound
Shall I go for the Panasonic as an intermediate solution and save up for an 1abt

Or shall I send them all back and look for other over ears

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #1,609 of 3,643
  Hi, everyone!

-Pendulumic Stance S1+
-Sony MDR-XB950BT

Thanks in advance, guys!

Pro : bigger deeper soundstage, better attack, bass rumble, longer reverb, speedier more prat.
S1  : softer pads, slightly more full bodied, softer punch, sounds closer, smaller soundstage.

both have reasonable average isolation..the Pro has slight edge with ANC engaged.

if i have to pick one of these two....ermmm....i would go for the PRO...:p

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #1,610 of 3,643
  Hi, everyone!

After finding this little gem of a site while looking to purchase my first pair of BT/wired headphones and seeking a good sounding pair I find it best for someone to possibly guide me in for what I'm looking for.
I do really care for audio quality and range, I'm coming from a pair of Sony MDR-X10 Simon Cowell edition and I enjoy the sound and slight bass boost of those but everything else seems to get a little muffled and I'm not a fan of the slightly uncomfortable ear surrounds.
I plan on it for mostly iPhone music use but have a stereo amp where I'll use it for vinyl records, amplified iPod, gaming and guitar/bass playing.
What I basically want

-Under $225 range
-Bluetooth
-Microphone
-Optional 3.5mm cable plug in
-Don't care too much for ANC would prefer AAC if I had to choose
-Over ear design
-Good clean true to sound is preferred but has/has option for a good powerful bass boost without killing the mids or highs (I mostly listen to Classic Rock/Alternative/Indie but still enjoy noticeable bass)
-Style isn't the biggest issue
-Comfortable for long sessions

-Pendulumic Stance S1+
-Sony MDR-XB950BT

Thanks in advance, guys!

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I can't comment on the Meelectronic's or the Pendulumic's as I haven't had chance to try them, although from what I've heard the Pendulumic's sound very good and although they don't quite have the quantity of bass I'm after they may well suit your tastes? Definitely worth considering!

The Liberate's are pretty comfy and have a nice sound but the mids are a little recessed and the highs are definitely lacking!

The Plantronic's could be good for you; they are very comfy especially considering their weight, they have AAC, Low Latency Support which if paired with a Low Latency transmitter would be good for when you’re using them with the guitar (most Bluetooth headphones have a slight delay which isn’t ideal for live music monitoring!), they have a great Soundstage and when listening to them with ANC off should have plenty enough bass for what your after! The only thing I should mention is that I noticed some distortion in the bass while playing music through my iphone (this hasn’t happened with any other headphones I’ve tested; I didn’t notice it while watching movies with AptX so it could be a problem with AAC or perhaps they were faulty?

The Sony’s are my absolute favourites, but for what you’re after they may be lacking slightly in the mids, and the highs are quite rolled off! They are however the most comfortable headphones I’ve tried and one of the cleanest sounding Bluetooth headphones I’ve tried. If you use Bill-P’s mods you can improve the mids and highs substantially and with bass boost off you might quite like them, you’ll also have the option to quickly add plenty of bass if required!

If you can up your budget I’d highly recommend the Sony MDR-1ABT’s, they have the same great clean sound as the 950’s and are almost as comfortable, they have AAC, they have a fantastic soundstage, beautiful mids and crystal highs! They also have a lovely present bass (not quite enough for me but should be plenty for yourself!). From what you’ve described these should be perfect for you!

It might be worth checking out my comparisons on page 104, where I compare 14 of some of the best wireless cans around!

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #1,611 of 3,643
I LOVE the "pick up dog poo" test of grip mentioned in @ChainSOV above. I too apply that test regularly, and I have several headphones that fail, falling off of my head when I bend down to pick up dog poo. Even worse, the portable player can fall out of my shirt pocket when I bend over, and guess what it lands in!

(FOR SALE: DAP, RECENTLY CLEANED!)

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #1,612 of 3,643
Thanks for the quick responses guys!

Quote:

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I can't comment on the Meelectronic's or the Pendulumic's as I haven't had chance to try them, although from what I've heard the Pendulumic's sound very good and although they don't quite have the quantity of bass I'm after they may well suit your tastes? Definitely worth considering!

The Liberate's are pretty comfy and have a nice sound but the mids are a little recessed and the highs are definitely lacking!

The Plantronic's could be good for you; they are very comfy especially considering their weight, they have AAC, Low Latency Support which if paired with a Low Latency transmitter would be good for when you’re using them with the guitar (most Bluetooth headphones have a slight delay which isn’t ideal for live music monitoring!), they have a great Soundstage and when listening to them with ANC off should have plenty enough bass for what your after! The only thing I should mention is that I noticed some distortion in the bass while playing music through my iphone (this hasn’t happened with any other headphones I’ve tested; I didn’t notice it while watching movies with AptX so it could be a problem with AAC or perhaps they were faulty?

The Sony’s are my absolute favourites, but for what you’re after they may be lacking slightly in the mids, and the highs are quite rolled off! They are however the most comfortable headphones I’ve tried and one of the cleanest sounding Bluetooth headphones I’ve tried. If you use Bill-P’s mods you can improve the mids and highs substantially and with bass boost off you might quite like them, you’ll also have the option to quickly add plenty of bass if required!

If you can up your budget I’d highly recommend the Sony MDR-1ABT’s, they have the same great clean sound as the 950’s and are almost as comfortable, they have AAC, they have a fantastic soundstage, beautiful mids and crystal highs! They also have a lovely present bass (not quite enough for me but should be plenty for yourself!). From what you’ve described these should be perfect for you!

It might be worth checking out my comparisons on page 104, where I compare 14 of some of the best wireless cans around!

I read that about the Liberate's and now know that would be an issue for me.
A question I do have for these and also the rest of the headphones you mentioned is can the mids and highs be fixed with the built in iPhone EQ or a 5 band EQ?

I'm liking the Plantronic's more and more despite their bulkiness and very office look, I don't plan on really traveling or walking around with any headphones on, though so it's not the biggest issue. the features seem nice especially the open mic. as with all these headphones I don't care much or need an ANC as I'm usually in a quiet environment anyways. Also for any guitar work or high level listening I wouldn't be using the wireless connection so I hope there wouldn't be latency or distortion over the 3.5mm cable?

I've almost always stuck with Sony headphones and favorites would be the MDR-CD900 or MDR-7506 for truest sound.
The XB950BT were my first choice because sometimes I do love the in-your-face bass I heard they can provide.
Thank you for the mod page because I defiantly would be making that modification to them! and after the mod how do they hold up to others/could it be fixed with the iPhone EQ or 5-band EQ?

I've noticed those too and are just a touch outside the budget but if they really are that much better might save up more for those.
Also do you know anything about the MDR-10RBT and how they would be in comparison?

Again with all these I plan on using a 3.5mm cable for when truly wanting to enjoy music but want the wireless feature for casual listening or moving around alot.

Pro : bigger deeper soundstage, better attack, bass rumble, longer reverb, speedier more prat.
S1  : softer pads, slightly more full bodied, softer punch, sounds closer, smaller soundstage.

both have reasonable average isolation..the Pro has slight edge with ANC engaged.

if i have to pick one of these two....ermmm....i would go for the PRO...:p

Thank you, this does help somewhat knock out the S1's for me but can they be fixed with EQ or will they always sound soft and close?

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #1,613 of 3,643
So my wife was asking me what I wanted as a gift and she always has a hard time because usually when I'm interested in something I end up getting it for myself. 

She then said what about a nice pair of wireless headphones for when I am commuting into the city on the train and I thought that was a great idea.

Now I have been reading though the mega thread about this stuff and there are a ton of options but nothing seem to meet exactly what I want so seeking some recommendations.

I prefer a well balanced "fun" warm sounding headphone maybe with a little more base low end in them not overlay punchy or boomy but just well refined tight base that might stand out a bit. I also lean toward a more tight sound where the instrumentals are a little more forward then the vocals themselves but again not very overbearing in that department.

Also ascetically I prefer a look that is more low key or business like nothing that is going to stand out to much or is super bulky on my head as I am going to be using these mainly while riding the train to work.

Other thing that I want is they they support AptX and would be awesome to have noise cancellation (which I know I probably wont get at the $300 price range) so just having good passive isolation is sufficient to drum out the train.

The 2 I keep coming back to are Sennheiser Urbanite XL and the Bose SoundLink Around-Ear II leaning a bit toward the Bose at this point for everything I have read. I have never been a huge fan of Bose products but from what I have read these are a very good value in the Bluetooth headphone market and are more my style ascetically only ting about them is hey just look a bit plastic but form what I read are durable and I think I can get over the more plastic look.

Anyone have any direct comparison between the two should I be considering the Senheisers more?

Others that seemed like they might fit the bill were the Backbeat Pro+ but they just looked a little too bulky for my taste and the Zik 2.0 but those don't support AptX and there is just something about the look of them that turns me to look else ware.

I am also focusing only on only over ear versus on ear as personally I much prefer the over ears. 

Nov 27, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #1,615 of 3,643
A question I do have for these and also the rest of the headphones you mentioned is can the mids and highs be fixed with the built in iPhone EQ or a 5 band EQ?

I'm liking the Plantronic's more and more despite their bulkiness and very office look, I don't plan on really traveling or walking around with any headphones on, though so it's not the biggest issue. the features seem nice especially the open mic. as with all these headphones I don't care much or need an ANC as I'm usually in a quiet environment anyways. Also for any guitar work or high level listening I wouldn't be using the wireless connection so I hope there wouldn't be latency or distortion over the 3.5mm cable?

I've almost always stuck with Sony headphones and favorites would be the MDR-CD900 or MDR-7506 for truest sound.
The XB950BT were my first choice because sometimes I do love the in-your-face bass I heard they can provide.
Thank you for the mod page because I defiantly would be making that modification to them! and after the mod how do they hold up to others/could it be fixed with the iPhone EQ or 5-band EQ?

I've noticed those too and are just a touch outside the budget but if they really are that much better might save up more for those.
Also do you know anything about the MDR-10RBT and how they would be in comparison?

I personally don't like the iphone equaliser as it tends to muddy the sound with whatever setting I set it too!

I've heard the liberates respond quite well to equalisation and the mids/highs can be improved quite a bit! If you used a decent non iphone equaliser you may be pleased with them but there are others that will suit you better!

As I mentioned before I think you would quite like the Plantronics, they have a lot of features, are comfortable, have a great soundstage and with the ANC on have a pretty decent bass (my mistake earlier when I said the bass was better with the ANC off!).

I love the sound of the Sony's, they have a lovely clarity and lots of detail to them which I haven't really experienced with other Bluetooth cans! They both have very little hiss (the 950's the least hiss I've heard) and they're both easily the most comfortable out of all the ones I've tested!

The 950's have a smoother, relaxed sound and after the mods have decent mids and very detailed but slightly rolled off highs (which I enjoy). With the mods I actually use bass boost most of the time and find the bass quite controlled contrary to some people's opinions! True the likes of the Fidelio's will out perform in terms of bass quality and almost match in quantity, but it's very close! It's just that sometimes the extreme bass from the 950's can eat into the mids but personally it only tend to become a problem when listening to dialog while watching certain movies with them!

The 1ABT's are much more forward and attacking with much more present mids and crystal highs! While at the same time you'll find they're still easy to listen too, non fatiguing with a slightly warm signature and a relatively deep but not overpowering bass!

I mainly use my Bluetooth cans for watching movies so I prefer the more powerful bass and rolled off highs of the 950's but I think the 1ABT's would suit you better! However the 950's can be found for a 3rd of the price of the 1ABT's which makes them a real steal considering they're both as clean and detailed sounding as each other!....just with very different characteristics!

I haven't tried the 10RBT's but I've heard they're very muddied, lacking in bass and generally not in the same league as the others!

Did you check out my comparisons on page 104?

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #1,616 of 3,643
So my wife was asking me what I wanted as a gift and she always has a hard time because usually when I'm interested in something I end up getting it for myself. 

She then said what about a nice pair of wireless headphones for when I am commuting into the city on the train and I thought that was a great idea.

Now I have been reading though the mega thread about this stuff and there are a ton of options but nothing seem to meet exactly what I want so seeking some recommendations.

I prefer a well balanced "fun" warm sounding headphone maybe with a little more base low end in them not overlay punchy or boomy but just well refined tight base that might stand out a bit. I also lean toward a more tight sound where the instrumentals are a little more forward then the vocals themselves but again not very overbearing in that department.

Also ascetically I prefer a look that is more low key or business like nothing that is going to stand out to much or is super bulky on my head as I am going to be using these mainly while riding the train to work.

Other thing that I want is they they support AptX and would be awesome to have noise cancellation (which I know I probably wont get at the $300 price range) so just having good passive isolation is sufficient to drum out the train.

The 2 I keep coming back to are Sennheiser Urbanite XL and the Bose SoundLink Around-Ear II leaning a bit toward the Bose at this point for everything I have read. I have never been a huge fan of Bose products but from what I have read these are a very good value in the Bluetooth headphone market and are more my style ascetically only ting about them is hey just look a bit plastic but form what I read are durable and I think I can get over the more plastic look.

Anyone have any direct comparison between the two should I be considering the Senheisers more?

Others that seemed like they might fit the bill were the Backbeat Pro+ but they just looked a little too bulky for my taste and the Zik 2.0 but those don't support AptX and there is just something about the look of them that turns me to look else ware.

I am also focusing only on only over ear versus on ear as personally I much prefer the over ears. 

I didn't find the Urbanites very exciting at all, they seemed to lack character and had a somewhat clinical sound to them!

From what you've described the Plantronics would suit you quite well, they're certainly more exciting than the Urbanites, they have a decent amount of bass but not overpowering, they have quite a forward sound with a fantastic soundstage and they have one of the best implemented ANC! The only problem is they're quite bulky but they do have the business look your after!

A better bet would be the Sony MDR-1ABT's if your budget will stretch! They are similar to the Plantronics in character but outperform them in just about every area! They are also much lighter, sleeker and more comfortable! Unfortunately they lack ANC though!

Check out my comparisons with several other pairs on page 104!

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #1,617 of 3,643
I personally don't like the iphone equaliser as it tends to muddy the sound with whatever setting I set it too!

I've heard the liberates respond quite well to equalisation and the mids/highs can be improved quite a bit! If you used a decent non iphone equaliser you may be pleased with them but there are others that will suit you better!

As I mentioned before I think you would quite like the Plantronics, they have a lot of features, are comfortable, have a great soundstage and with the ANC on have a pretty decent bass (my mistake earlier when I said the bass was better with the ANC off!).

I love the sound of the Sony's, they have a lovely clarity and lots of detail to them which I haven't really experienced with other Bluetooth cans! They both have very little hiss (the 950's the least hiss I've heard) and they're both easily the most comfortable out of all the ones I've tested!

The 950's have a smoother, relaxed sound and after the mods have decent mids and very detailed but slightly rolled off highs (which I enjoy). With the mods I actually use bass boost most of the time and find the bass quite controlled contrary to some people's opinions! True the likes of the Fidelio's will out perform in terms of bass quality and almost match in quantity, but it's very close! It's just that sometimes the extreme bass from the 950's can eat into the mids but personally it only tend to become a problem when listening to dialog while watching certain movies with them!

The 1ABT's are much more forward and attacking with much more present mids and crystal highs! While at the same time you'll find they're still easy to listen too, non fatiguing with a slightly warm signature and a relatively deep but not overpowering bass!

I mainly use my Bluetooth cans for watching movies so I prefer the more powerful bass and rolled off highs of the 950's but I think the 1ABT's would suit you better! However the 950's can be found for a 3rd of the price of the 1ABT's which makes them a real steal considering they're both as clean and detailed sounding as each other!....just with very different characteristics!

I haven't tried the 10RBT's but I've heard they're very muddied, lacking in bass and generally not in the same league as the others!

Did you check out my comparisons on page 104?

Thank you, I did read the comparisons and found them very helpful.
I don't care for the iPhone's EQ either but in some cases it's better than nothing.
At this point I really am just between the Backbeat and the 950's leaning towards the Backbeats for their more universal features.
I guess the last question I have for the two is how do the Backbeat Pro's compare to the modded 950's with boost off?

Looking at the spec sheet for the MDR-10RBT I would think they'd have an advantage over most with with a 5-40k range but the muffling is caused by the much higher impedance and needs an amp I'm guessing?

Nov 28, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #1,618 of 3,643
  Thank you, I did read the comparisons and found them very helpful.
I don't care for the iPhone's EQ either but in some cases it's better than nothing.
At this point I really am just between the Backbeat and the 950's leaning towards the Backbeats for their more universal features.
I guess the last question I have for the two is how do the Backbeat Pro's compare to the modded 950's with boost off?

Looking at the spec sheet for the MDR-10RBT I would think they'd have an advantage over most with with a 5-40k range but the muffling is caused by the much higher impedance and needs an amp I'm guessing?

Going by memory (it's been a little while since I owned the Plantronic's) I would say that with Bass Boost off on the 950's (after mods) and ANC active on the Plantronic's, that the Plantronic's would have a slightly richer, fuller sound, a better soundstage, more bass and more forward mid/highs. There's a significant difference on the Plantronic's with ANC off/on, with ANC off they sound a little flat/lifeless but with ANC active they sound much richer and the bass improves a lot! The only problem is that by turning ANC on it introduces noticeable hiss, although while the music is playing it shouldn't be too noticeable!

You stated that you will mainly be listening to Classic Rock/Alternative/Indie, so I had a bit of more of a listen to this style of music using the 950's with Bass Boost off/on and it confirmed what I thought. The 950's sound great with EDM, Hip Hop etc whether you use Bass Boost or not, and they're great for Movies which is what I mainly use them for! However, although they still sound very good while listening to Classic Rock/Alternative/Indie, other headphones more suited to this style will sound better which is why I said the Plantronic's might be good for you.

The MDR-10RBT's are lower down in the Sony's range. The MDR-1RBT's were higher in the range with improved sound quality, the MDR-1RBT mkII's were better still and at one point considered on of the best Bluetooth headphones around, despite being almost impossible to get hold of! Where the 1RBT mkII's were lacking were in the bass department and this is where the 1ABT's have improved the Sony's range even further, by taking all the great things about the 1RBT mkII's and significantly improving the bass! This is where the XB950's are so great, they still have the improved sound quality of the higher end models but at a fraction of the price, you just need to remember that they serve a specific purpose and that's to provide lots of bass which ultimately won't suit every style!

Nov 28, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,619 of 3,643
I didn't find the Urbanites very exciting at all, they seemed to lack character and had a somewhat clinical sound to them!

From what you've described the Plantronics would suit you quite well, they're certainly more exciting than the Urbanites, they have a decent amount of bass but not overpowering, they have quite a forward sound with a fantastic soundstage and they have one of the best implemented ANC! The only problem is they're quite bulky but they do have the business look your after!

A better bet would be the Sony MDR-1ABT's if your budget will stretch! They are similar to the Plantronics in character but outperform them in just about every area! They are also much lighter, sleeker and more comfortable! Unfortunately they lack ANC though!

Check out my comparisons with several other pairs on page 104!

Any experience with the Sony MDRZX770BN not much in this thread about them but they seem to have everything at a little over the $200 mark. These might actually be a little cheap for me as I do want good sound but on paper they do sure look good who knows about on ear though.

I do know I said I want a business look but maybe that wasn't the right words to use I really want something more sleek and streamlined but also unassuming (any of the sony would be a perfect example of this) The plantronics while I know would fit the bill are just to bulky and to much function over form for me to consider them for wearing on a daily commute. 

It seems like there is no perfect option for me as I want something with higher audio quality and ANC (I have a feeling the 770BN's wont live upto the audio quality I am after) and like you said the Bose, MDR-1ABT, and many others lack the ANC I am after. 

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,620 of 3,643
http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Over-Ear-Headphone-Carrying/dp/B00MCCN8E4/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

is this any good? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back