Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Jul 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #1,426 of 3,507
ROTFL
bigsmile_face.gif

popcorn.gif

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #1,427 of 3,507
I've been thinking about separation a lot lately, trying to figure out at what point it starts to whittle away at engagement, or realism, or something. I believe there's a point where it makes you focus on the separation itself rather than the music. This obviously has its advantages depending on your purposes, but i'm beginning to feel like it hurts transparency, oddly enough, after a certain point.

I'm glad you agree but if you know the combination to the safe just let me have it so that I can move on to other illicit and controversial endeavors that will further drive my reputation into the ground.

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,428 of 3,507
Quote:
We seem to be talking about price in regard to perceived sound quality only. HiFiMAN appears to be a smaller company than most would think and the materials, labor and build quality of the RE-600 may have something to do with that price jump as well. And everything is designed and built in-house, driver and housing. No one really complains when say Aurisonics charges $300 for a faceplate because it's seen as an add-on cosmetic option. Here the "cosmetic option" is already built in.

Just trying to look at it from another angle. Whether that was a good move on their part will be seen.

Well, a lot of us don't know what this perceived sound quality is yet.  So how can we make judgements on it.  Wait until someone gets their hands on both and can use it for an extended period of time.  Then we'll know. 

What is the housing of the RE-600 made of?  InnerFidelity measured its isolation and it's vastly different from the RE-400... 

Jul 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #1,429 of 3,507
Well, a lot of us don't know what this perceived sound quality is yet.  So how can we make judgements on it.  Wait until someone gets their hands on both and can use it for an extended period of time.  Then we'll know. 

What is the housing of the RE-600 made of?  InnerFidelity measured its isolation and it's vastly different from the RE-400... 

Don't revert my point back on the argument lol. :p

It's a classy gloss black. A lacquer of some sort. I couldn't say if it was ceramic or a coating but it was confirmed on the other thread that it is lighter in weight.

Jul 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #1,432 of 3,507
Jul 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #1,434 of 3,507
Dear hifiman, I requested a demo sample as Rin Choi long time ago but I havnt heard from you ever since. Maybe I can help clear your name if you think the arising doubt of over-pricing among users unjust. :wink:

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #1,436 of 3,507
Clear their name?! I don't think snipes from Inks quite constitute a loss of face, lol. 

There is nothing wrong with their name, I am simply saying it is something I can offer as a reviewer. I don't honestly think hifiman wants the degree of suspicion amplied any further.

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #1,437 of 3,507
I am blown away by the inflated egos in this thread. How about we wait for the headphones to be released, and then give experienced impressions? I know it's a groundbreaking idea, and I must be crazy, but its worth a shot.

Then again, it's a lot more practical to bad mouth the iem on speculation in hopes that they lower the price. That always works.

Jul 7, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #1,438 of 3,507
Quote:
Don't revert my point back on the argument lol.
tongue.gif

It's a classy gloss black. A lacquer of some sort. I couldn't say if it was ceramic or a coating but it was confirmed on the other thread that it is lighter in weight.

LOL, I'm glad the thread didn't go back to that BTW  Thanks for your impressions, I'll wait for Fang to get back to us.  There's also a possibility the insertion depth of the IEM could have changed to cause differences in isolation.  If you look at the chart, the resonance points are shifted over in contrast to the RE-400.  We just don't know, I'll wait for HiFiMan to get back to us :wink:

Quote:
I believe the casing on both RE-400 and RE-600 is aluminum. No idea why the isolation would be different. I will inquire and come back to you.

Peter

Thanks for doing that Peter, awaiting the answer :D

Quote:
Dear hifiman, I requested a demo sample as Rin Choi long time ago but I havnt heard from you ever since. Maybe I can help clear your name if you think the arising doubt of over-pricing among users unjust.
wink.gif

Um...  This is something that's best done privately.  Inquiring, responding to a sample in public really isn't a professional thing to do IMO.  That said, the only people who have listened to, or have, the RE-600 are either resellers or people who picked them up in person.  To my understanding, no other RE-600s have been shipped yet to any sort of press. 

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #1,439 of 3,507
I'm relatively new as compared to some of you old-timers here and for the most part, Ive only been following the threads on the RE-400's.   My question is this.   Is it typical for threads to be inundated with conjecture, along with personal slaps here and there with other IEM's, or is it just the RE-400/600's that spur this kind of debate?    Is it something that, typically, the mods stay on top of to keep a thread on track or do they typically let it go as far as they have?   In my opinion, it's kind of shame for those who come here looking for info about these IEM's to have to wade through a lot of this stuff to get to the meat and potatoes of it all, and believe me, I'm fully aware that my inquiry here just adds to all this..................stuff, but I had to ask.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #1,440 of 3,507
Quote:
Dear hifiman, I requested a demo sample as Rin Choi long time ago but I havnt heard from you ever since. Maybe I can help clear your name if you think the arising doubt of over-pricing among users unjust.
wink.gif

Quote:
Clear their name?! I don't think snipes from Inks quite constitute a loss of face, lol. 

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with their name, I am simply saying it is something I can offer as a reviewer. I don't honestly think hifiman wants the degree of suspicion amplied any further.

So your sidekick Inks is at the forefront of casting this "degree of suspicion" as you call it, then you come on and offer to "clear their name" before it's "amplified any further" if they send you a sample. Does anyone else find this at all sketchy or is it just me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back