Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Jul 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #1,456 of 3,507
Does the RE-400 respond to EQ well?

Jul 8, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #1,458 of 3,507
all the people whining about the price of the RE-600 , i think you are missing 2 very vital points/facts

1. this is capitalism society . people make products , set a price and you are free to buy or reject them. it's not as if Fang says 'you will give me your money , no matter what'

2. the guy seems to me way less greedy than all these big companies out there who produce overrated,overpriced iems/phones

shure is one company that comes to mind with 535/846 (to name just 2 iems)

i am not Fang , nor can i get into his train of thought , but seems to me the guy is very smart and he may have thought something like this

let's make a great , underpriced iem for everyone who wants a very nice iem for just 99$ and then make something even better , which will aim for those who spent so much money on supposedly TOTL 400$+ universals and get less than what they paid for

i have bought 4 hifiman iems these last 3 years , and i believe my 5th will probably be the 600 , when i can gather themoney needed - these guys make great iems.period.

i haven't heard 400/600 , but my guess is that the 600 will leave behind all iems up to the 400$ mark

which is bad news for my wallet 
tongue.gif

now stop whining and keep on posting sonic impressions , not verbal speculations

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #1,460 of 3,507
Speculating that the re-600's might be overpriced for the sonic upgrade they can offer on the 400s is perfectly legitimate I feel - essentially we are a focus group of hardcore losers who are so into this stuff we actually know what we are talking about most of the time. So to express concerns before a release like this is to take the pulse of the market and our own expectations.

Reality when it hits will put meat on the bones, of course, but until then I say we shouldn't hold back or indeed be made to hold back from talking around these issues.

Jul 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #1,461 of 3,507
Quote:
Speculating that the re-600's might be overpriced for the sonic upgrade they can offer on the 400s is perfectly legitimate I feel - essentially we are a focus group of hardcore losers who are so into this stuff we actually know what we are talking about most of the time. So to express concerns before a release like this is to take the pulse of the market and our own expectations.

Reality when it hits will put meat on the bones, of course, but until then I say we shouldn't hold back or indeed be made to hold back from talking around these issues.

The problem is, we don't know what it sounds like yet...  It hasn't been released... 

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,466 of 3,507
Quote:
I unplug and replug the headphone I'm listening to before I play each song. Sirriusly.

Oh goody..................group !!!   
wink.gif

Quote:
One review has been posted here though, and it was very favourable.

There was more than just one, eh?   With 98 pages, I sure as hell would hope that there's more than just one. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #1,467 of 3,507
Quote:
One review has been posted here though, and it was very favourable.

But...  But...  But...  Measurements.  Yes, the first review was favorable, I hope that fashion continues, I'm sure it will. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #1,468 of 3,507
Quote:
Oh goody..................group !!!   
wink.gif

There was more than just one, eh?   With 98 pages, I sure as hell would hope that there's more than just one. 

This is the RE-400 and RE-600 thread.  So most of the information in the thread is about the 400 so far.  New speculation has come up about the 600 though. 

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #1,469 of 3,507
Quote:
all the people whining about the price of the RE-600 , i think you are missing 2 very vital points/facts

1. this is capitalism society . people make products , set a price and you are free to buy or reject them. it's not as if Fang says 'you will give me your money , no matter what'

2. the guy seems to me way less greedy than all these big companies out there who produce overrated,overpriced iems/phones

shure is one company that comes to mind with 535/846 (to name just 2 iems)

i am not Fang , nor can i get into his train of thought , but seems to me the guy is very smart and he may have thought something like this

let's make a great , underpriced iem for everyone who wants a very nice iem for just 99$ and then make something even better , which will aim for those who spent so much money on supposedly TOTL 400$+ universals and get less than what they paid for

i have bought 4 hifiman iems these last 3 years , and i believe my 5th will probably be the 600 , when i can gather themoney needed - these guys make great iems.period.

i haven't heard 400/600 , but my guess is that the 600 will leave behind all iems up to the 400$ mark

which is bad news for my wallet 
tongue.gif

now stop whining and keep on posting sonic impressions , not verbal speculations

No verbal speculation? (last sentence in your post) And yet you have already declared the Shure SE846—and IEM that has not been released yet—to be "overrated" & "overpriced". Is the Shure SE215, which can be had for $100 or less (from authorised dealers) also "overrated" & "overpriced"? At least in the case of the RE-600 you said, "my guess is that the 600 will leave behind all iems up to the 400$ mark", but that, in my book, still also falls under the heading 'Mere Speculation'.

And then we have a HiFiman sponsor giving a thumbs up to your post? That's not surprising (for obvious reasons), but pretty inappropriate as it shows an obvious bias from the sponsor, sponsors who are not allowed to comment on products by the competition — by giving a thumbs up to your post said HiFiman sponsor is clearly effectively doing so, if somewhat indirectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back